Who We Are!
N8V Couture is not only a brand. It’s a movement to inspire dialogue, and promote self-identification and self-determination through the use of Cultural and Historically Relevant Native American Clothing. Here at N8V Couture we are challenging the stereotypes and re-imagining what it means to produce “Native American Clothing.”
At N8V Couture we understand how important Art is to Culture. With that being said, we have teamed up with Well Known Native American artists, and utilized Traditional Language, Designs, Colors, and Teachings to provide our customers with a Canvas, Covered with a Story, Disguised as a piece of Stylish Clothing.
- Bridging the Generational Gap, as well as rural and urban locations.
- Authentic and True
- Promoting Traditional Language & Teachings
- Sweatshop Free
- Eco Friendly
- Community Focused and Driven
- Native American Ran, Owned and Designed
How We Started and Why KickStarter?!
As a full time University student studying Social Justice my finances, as you can imagine, are limited. Don’t tell anyone, but for the past 2 years I have lived off of Top Ramen and Redbull, while utilizing my University Scholarship Refunds to build N8V Couture!
We have attended Pow-Wows and Native American Community events throughout the U.S. over the past year and have received nothing but positive feedback in terms of the clothing. The interest is definitely there, we have amazing artists to work with, and our designs have been well received.
We are now looking to take N8V Couture to the Next Level. That next level entails bringing all production in-house and making sure that our inventory is large enough to supply our customer demand. To get there we’re asking for your support!
We believe it's possible for a Native American Owned and Operated business to grow while remaining a socially responsible, independent, locally-sourced company & we are asking the KickStarter community to help us prove it!
The Things Your Generous Donation Will Go Toward:
-Eco-friendly screen printing equipment and supplies such as:
- 6 color four-station printing press
- a forced air conveyor dryer
- eco-friendly inks and cleaning supplies
- large format inkjet printer
- SSF SHIRTS! All of our shirts are Sweat Shop Free! In order to stock enough shirts to meet our growing demand and gain consistent access to what we like to call our “Native Sizes” we need to be able to establish a direct relationship with the T-Shirt Manufacturer. This means ordering in bulk.
- Manufacturing: We currently have 4 sample hats which we would like to bring to production. We would like to build a relationship with a hat manufacturer who can produce our design with quality materials locally. We appreciate each and every donor and welcome you to take part in making our dream a reality!
DTG Printing Machine:
This will allow us to maintain the integrity and quality of our Artists work while bringing it to live on a piece of clothing.
Other Ways To Support!
“I would love to Support an Up and Coming Native Owned Business but can’t”
There are many ways to support even if you are lacking in funds.
- Like us on Facebook!
- Spread this video around with your networks on the interwebz!
- Check out our website at www.n8vcouture.com & be sure to sign up for our newsletter!
Chi Miigwetch (Many Thanks from the N8V Couture Family)
MEET THE ARTISTS!
Have a question about the N8V Couture Kickstarter project? http://crowdfundingforum.com/showthread.php/10600-(Kickstarter)-N8V-Couture-The-Relevant-Native-American-Clothing-Company
Risks and challenges
Our risks and challenges are being able to fulfill the amount of orders that we are expecting upon launch of our full product lines. We will strengthen our team for the relaunch, and hope to address this issue before it becomes a real problem.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)