Frequently Asked Questions
Qmote is now a developing channel. You can access it via https://ifttt.com/features/redeem?code=2764-f7a8983f700bf508b597c92045d36bd8
The channel can only work with Qmote, so our RD team is the only active user for now, but it may still offer you a better idea of how Qmote works with IFTTT.
We have already reached the last stage before publishing Qmote channel on IFTTT. After the launch, you can simply see it on the IFTTT channel list.Last updated:
IP Rating includes two parameters:
- The first number (X) stands for protection against ingress of solid objects or dust;
- The second number (Y) stands for protection against ingress of water.
Currently Qmote is IPX7 certified because we have only finished the water resistance test so far.
An IPX7 product should “withstand incidental exposure to water of up to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes,” but most suitable scenarios are indoor/outdoor use in the presence of rain, snow or brief splashes of water. Immersion is not quite recommended.Last updated:
We will send you backer survey through Kickstarter before shipping. In the survey, you can choose Qmote's colors and tell us what you'd like to laser-engrave on each Qmote.Last updated:
10! Qmote offers 10 different click patterns, involving short clicks and long presses, for you to correspond to different custom actions.
However, memorizing all 10 patterns is almost impossible, it will be easier if you use multiple Qmotes for different purposes. Or you can choose some favorite patterns to trigger some most-use actions, probably just 4 or 5 sets.Last updated:
Besides the 10 click patterns you can choose for personalized actions. There is an exception--the feature "Find Phone."
"Find Phone" is a pre-set function for every Qmote, so you won't see it on the function list, and its pattern is always the same: you have to click Qmote more than 5 times to make your phone ring.
Why 5 times? We programmed this way because all the other click patterns consists of less than 4 clicks. Therefore, it won't be confusing either you are trigger your custom action or Find Phone function.Last updated:
Can Qmote support multiple devices? What if I want to use it with my iPhone, my Android phone, and my iPad?
Qmote supports up to 9 different devices, while each device can hold its own custom settings. That is, "one click" on Qmote can mean "two different actions" when it switches between different devices.Last updated:
Yes and yes! Each Qmote can hold unique function settings while connecting to the same device. Qmote App will help you with the pattern configuration and function management.
For example, you can set "One short click" to "Turn on flashlight" on Qmote-A and to "Take a photo" on Qmote-B.Last updated:
We are still focusing on Android and iOS debugging now. If there are more Windows Phone users' requests, we will see if we're developing a windows app, but the process can take quite some time, to be honest.Last updated:
We are glad to see some other companies on the same path with us, but we also believe there're some different key points in terms of market positioning:
1. Different outlooks...obviously. Qmote's unique shape is inspired by guitar pick!
2. Qmote is IPX7 water resistance.
3. Qmote comes with a metal shell, so we can offer custom laser-engraving.
4. You may surely stick Qmote anywhere you want, but we emphasize more on Qmote's portability.Last updated:
Is there a keychain link on Qmote so I can attach it somewhere? And does Qmote come with the key ring?
Yes and yes! Qmote is equipped with a keychain link! You can check the 3D animation in the video or the gif picture on our story page, and you can see the keychain link on the tip of Qmote. And we do offer key rings, but we haven’t decided which type yet.Last updated:
Qmote is more like a remote than a tracking device, so unfortunately no.Last updated:
Of course!Last updated:
We will send you backer survey through Kickstarter before shipping. If you want extra Qmote, you can order in the survey. We will offer additional payment link by then.Last updated:
No. To make it easier and faster during shipping, the free one will be random color and we don't provide laser-engraving for that.Last updated:
We have spent time on a very thorough test on the lock screen problem!
Qmote CAN WORK normally if you lock your phone with screen saver/ swipe-to-open lock/ slide-to-unlock lock…
And the below are the functions which CAN WORK as well under PIN code/ TouchID/ Pattern lock: (Hooray!)
- Music control
- Find your phone
- Make a fake call (via IFTTT)
- Make a call*
- Send SMS*
- Send current location*
- Launch dashboard (selected models)
- Toggle flashlight/rotation lock/silent mode
- Set volume Min/Max
- Snooze an alarm
- Mute incoming ringtone
- Home button control (Siri/Google now)
- Smart home control (via IFTTT)
(order of the function list on the story page)
We are positive that these functions above can work on most of the smartphone models in the market, but we all know that Android OS can be tricky on different devices…
As for some functions that cannot work before you unlock PIN code lock, we have to clarify that it’s NOT the limit of Qmote app, but the OS restrictions to protect your privacy. It is how iOS and Android are designed, to protect your phone on your will, which is…locking it with PIN!
1. By "some functions that cannot work before you unlock PIN code lock...", we actually mean that the function cannot work BEFORE YOU UNLOCK the phone. In other words, you can still click Qmote, and then simply unlock the PIN code/ TouchID/ Pattern lock...and the action will work well. It's not like it cannot work at all.
2. Make a call/ Send SMS: These two functions can work normally on Android with PIN lock, but on iOS, it will be like what Point 1 describes.
3. Send current location: You can choose to send via email or SMS. On Android, it can work absolutely normally no matter what. However on iOS, only email can work normally with PIN code, and SMS will be like Point 1 situation.
Hope this helps! Thank you.Last updated:
We add the free one to the package that contains your original reward, which is one Qmote device at least. If you pledge only $1, there won't be a reward or package, so no we don't give free Qmote in such condition.Last updated:
Don't see the answer to your question? Ask the project creator directly.Ask a question