Frequently Asked Questions
Lots of reasons! Here are a few:
1. Ergonomic sturdy grip for sharper photos and one handed operation.
2. External physical buttons - just like a real DSLR camera!
3. Advanced camera app that lets you take full control over your phone's camera, including:
o Manual focus
o Shutter speed control
o Exposure compensation
o ISO control
o Large zoom range
o Choosing between Raw, TIFF or JPEG.
o Tripod compatibility
o Option for attaching lightning devices via a standard cold shoe mount
4. Can be connected to external camera devices such as:
o Lightning devices
o MicrophoneLast updated:
To make it simple:
If you have iPhone 6 and up – it fits.
If you have Android - make sure your model is in the compatibility list on the project page.Last updated:
So, Pictar supports Sony, Huawei and Samsung on the Android market. What about other Android brands?
We are constantly working on expanding the compatibility of Pictar with other brands. You can check our compatibility page https://mymiggo.com/contact/ or subscribe at this page https://mymiggo.com/contact/ and get notified when newer phones get compatible with Pictar.Last updated:
We’ve aimed for a more professional “DSLR experience”:
• Satin finished metal body instead of plastic.
• Internal rechargeable battery that wirelessly charges your phone.
• Rocker zoom switch that acts like power zoom lenses, instead of clicking zoom ring.
• Viewfinder for shooting in bright light.
• Microphone ready.
• More advanced video featuresLast updated:
We’ve added some advanced features:
• Rocker zoom switch (power zoom), for continues zooming and adjustment of the zoom speed.
• Viewfinder - for easier shooting outdoors on sunny days.
• Determining the frame rate
• Tripod mount
• Cold shoe mount – for mic or led attachments
• Ability to attach different lenses
• Video stabilization
• Built in battery – for long lasting shooting sessionsLast updated:
Well, if you are looking for a better "camera feeling" - upgrading could be an option.
We've made the grip and the buttons bigger - so the Pictar sits better in your hand.
You'll get more professional features like advanced video capabilities, option to attach an external mic, viewfinder and more.Last updated:
We are putting a lot of effort in order to answer "yes" to that question.
However, there are a few limitations.
On iPhones (6 to XS Max), all the features are available. Android phones won't have Tiff format and Live view option (simply because it is not available on Android at all). Also, Raw is not supported on Android phones that do not support Raw (most of them do).Last updated:
1400 mAhLast updated:
That is simply because your phone's lens doesn’t have an aperture.Last updated:
As long as the case and phone together don't exceed 83mm in height and 11mm in depth - it will fit just fine.Last updated:
When using other applications, Pictar’s external buttons will not function. However, you can still enjoy the ergonomic grip, tripod mount, cold shoe and the straps.Last updated:
Not too many people know that, but the iPhone's camera (actually - its lens) doesn't have mechanical aperture control at all.
Light adjustments are made by changing ISO numbers (sensor sensitivity if you wish) and the shutter speed. The iPhone does it automatically. Pictar allows you to control manually which on each parameter.Last updated:
Both applications offer advanced features that do not exist in the smartphones' original camera application, such as manual photography, manual focus, advanced formats such as RAW and control of a wide range of parameters.
Pictar's app offers at least 3 significant features that do not exist in the app by Moment:
1. Shutter priority - the photographer sets preferred shutter speed (between half a second and 1/8000 seconds) and the app balances the exposure by clever control of the ISO parameter.
2. ISO priority - the photographer determines ISO value (between 20 and 2000) and the app balances the exposure with smart control of the shutter speed.
3. Camera-like control buttons and ergonomic body: The main difference between Pictar and Moment (and other photography apps in the market) is that only Pictar offers a complete system that simulates a real camera, including a uniquely designed body with easy control using external buttons for all features, and the ability to connect a tripod, lighting systems, microphone, carrying straps and more.Last updated:
Similar to traditional DSLRs, we are offering only a "right-handed" version.Last updated:
PICTAR’s cold-shoe supports any device up to a weight of 300 g (10.6 oz)Last updated:
Once the campaign is over, we’ll send you a link to a survey where you can order additional items.Last updated:
Length: 110 mm. / 4.33 inch
Height: 95.4 mm. / 3.75 inch
Depth: 35 mm. / 1.37 inch
225 Gr. / 0.49 lbs.Last updated:
Yes, without any problem.Last updated:
iOS: from 8 and up.
Android: from 6 and up.Last updated:
No, the battery is built-in and cannot be replacedLast updated:
Simply wherever the original camera app is storing the photos. On iPhones, it will be on your camera roll, and on Android, wherever you choose to save them - SD card or internal storage.Last updated:
Pictar's wireless communication system is based on high-frequency sound waves generated by the external buttons and wheels. Meaning: each time you press or roll a button / wheel - high-frequency tone (somewhere around 20,000 Hz) is "beamed". The Pictar app "listens" to that tone (too high to be noticed by the average human ear) by using the phone's microphone.
Then, the app transforms this tone into a command.
This unique system is superior to BT or Wi-Fi as it consumes zero energy from the phone's battery, plus, it enables a much faster connection (pairing) time.Last updated:
Pictar uses a spring loaded mechanism to secure the phone.
It's the same system we are using in our Pictar One devices,
Since we launched Pictar One, we delivered over 100,000 units. Till now, we didn't receive even one complaint about a falling phone. That makes us very confident that the system is reliable.Last updated:
Not currently. Once the campaign ends - the option will be available.Last updated:
Pictar Pro is compatible with the current generation only, not with the old generation.Last updated:
Don't see the answer to your question? Ask the project creator directly.Ask a question