Did you miss out on getting your Mamba3D printer in our Kickstarter campaign.
No worries, go to www.mamba3d.com to order your 3D-printer.
Do you want to experience the unlimited possibilities of 3D-printing? Are you looking for an affordable 3D-printer that delivers high quality prints and is easy to use? We have worked hard to make the Mamba3D printer better than others: simple to build, easy to use, high quality prints and low maintenance. And together with you we want to make it even better.
What can I make with a 3D-printer?
The possibilities of 3D-printing are amazing. Use your printer for:
- Personalized objects, like custom phone cases
- Reproduction of broken parts, e.g. for appliances
- Fun products like models and sculptures
- Toys, check out this Kickstarter project for example: Rubber Band Blaster Kit
- Anything you can imagine...
Bring your imagination to life and print your own objects. Use commonly used 3D-designing software like Google Sketch-up, Blender or your own favorite CAD-software and start designing.
Or use one of the many free online databases with thousands of objects ready for you to download and print.
About the Mamba3D printer
We have built a 3D-printer that is accurate, reliable, easy to use and affordable. We broke down the printer to its basics. By doing this, we could concentrate on the quality of the printer and have our focus on high print quality. The Mamba3D printer is our 3rd prototype and finally meets our high standards.
As a backer you can make a pledge for the Mamba3D, a high quality 3D-printer, and be first in line for the newest developments and newest add-ons to make it even better than it already is.
- We are using 1.75mm filament and a 0.4mm nozzle to get a layer resolution of up to 50 micron.
- The all-metal hot-end is a proven technology. Together with the sturdy metal parts it prints high-quality 3D-prints.
- The quality of the products you can print with the Mamba3D was our focus from the start. In our opinion this is what sets the Mamba3D apart from other printers.
In the next examples you can see the capabilities of the Mamba3D printer. We printed the Torture-test and various samples in different resolutions. Because of the high accuracy of the printer, you will be able to make beautiful printed objects.
The Torture-test is a 3D-printable object to show the capabilities and precision of a 3D-printer. Above you see the Torture-test printed by the Mamba3D. The object was printed with a nice arch, straight cube and precise cylinders.
For the high-res print resolution image, click here
- The Mamba3D printer consists of a metal frame. This makes the system strong, reliable and less sensitive to print-deviation over time.
- We have passed the prototyping phase. The Mamba3D printer is fully working. When the Kickstarter campaign is succesfully finished, we can scale up and start producing the first batches.
- The 200x200x200mm [7.87x7.87x7.87 inch] platform provides enough space to bring your ideas to life and is compact enough to remain reliable.
Easy to Use:
- Initially we want to deliver our Mamba3D printer as a Do-It-Yourself building-kit (DIY). Because the frame consists of OpenBuilds Open Hardware aluminium profile, which can be assembled very easy, we have reduced the build time to less than 4 hours.
- Download the software, connect the Mamba3D printer to your PC through USB, and you are ready to go. It really is as easy as that.
- The advantage of using the Fused Filament Fabrication technique is that you don't need to work with (toxic) liquids and finishers. This allows this printer to be used at schools and by young kids (always under supervision of adults because the hot-end is still hot!)
- We equipped the Mamba3D with a custom designed filament extruder drive. The drive is a direct drive extruder with a pushback system to exchange filament in just a second. Simply push back the lever on the extruder, apply some fresh filament into the drive and you're ready to print. No need for screwdrivers or other hassle when changing filament.
- We embrace open source. We are impressed by the awesome features created by the open source community. With the Mamba3D printer you can use your own favorite 3D-software as long as it supports STL-files.
- And if at some point of time you have a question, we will be there to support you.
- Becoming a backer, gives you the opportunity to get the Mamba3D for the lowest price possible. We have not set a commercial price yet, however the price during this campaign will certainly be lower.
- You will be first in line for upgrades and add-ons and as a backer you will be able to get these at the best price.
- The Mamba3D printer is suitable for a wide range of high quality filaments. This allows you to use a variety of colors and plastics at competitive prices.
Why you should get the Mamba3D printer
- Most other 3D-printers are constructed out of plastic parts. These parts tend to break after a while. The Mamba3D printer uses metal parts. By using metal parts the printer is rigid, durable and can achieve high accuracy and precision.
- Changing filament on a 3D-printer can be a hassle. With our extruder drive, filament change is done in seconds.
- Compared to other printers, especially in the same price range, the Mamba3D printer produces higher quality 3D-printed objects.
- The Mamba3D printer is open source. Upgrades and add-ons designed by us and our users can easily be added in the future.
- The printing speeds of the Mamba3D printer are high, up to 150mm/s printing speed and 300 mm/s travel speed.
- Because we love to get you on board as a backer and are looking foward to hear about your experience and all the great things you print with your Mamba3D printer.
The Mamba3D printer DIY-KIT
The Mamba3D printer is a complete kit consisting of:
- Aluminum frame and plates
- Electronics with preloaded firmware
- Motors, wires etc. [no soldering needed]
- Mamba3D extruder drive
- All other hardware needed to build your own printer
- Detailed build manual
- Samplepack of premium Colorfabb PLA to get you started
We will provide you a sample pack of Premium PLA/PHA by Colorfabb to get started:
- Frame: Anodized aluminum
- Extruder: All metal, temperatures up to 300 degrees Celcius
- Print Materials*: PLA, Woodfill, ABS, Nylon
- Build Volume (WxDxH): 200mm x 200mm x 200mm (7.87x7.87x7.87 inch)
- Filament: 1.75mm
- Layer Resolution: up to 50 microns
- Step Resolution: 1/32 step
- Speed: Print speed up to 150mm/s, Travel speed up to 300 mm/s
- Nozzle: 0.4mm
- Power: 110-240 VAC Power adapter
- Software: Repetier Host with Slic3r implemented (Open source)**
- Firmware: Marlin
*The extruder system is capable of handling these materials. To prevent ABS and Nylon from warping a heated bed can be used. The Mamba3D can support a heated bed, which will be provided as an upgrade in the near future.
**Or use your own choice of software from the many open source 3D-printing/slicing software available. The Mamba3D will come with presets for Slic3r to give you the best results right away.
In order to put the Mamba3D to market, we need your help to get a reasonable volume of printers to produce. When we buy the parts in bulk it will reduce costs. This way we can offer you a high-quality open source printer for the best price.
Furthermore we want to create a user-community. We want to keep developing our Mamba3D printer together with our community. Backing our project will not only provide us the funds to start producing, you can also provide us valuable feedback about how we can make our printer even better.
We open up a forum where you can participate in the ongoing development of the printer. Add-ons we are thinking of are for example SD-card support and an elegant casing. We invite you to think with us, design with us and develop the printer even further with special features and add-ons in the near future.
MAKING 3D-PRINTING AVAILABLE FOR EVERYBODY, TOGETHER!
MyMatics was founded in 2012 in the Netherlands, by Michiel Bieshaar. After working for over ten years in the Industrial Automation, Michiel decided he wanted to create his own 3D-printer. With the experience as an engineer in electronics design, software design and mechanical engineering he started designing the Mamba3D printer.
We designed an open source 3D-printer that sets a new standard for quality, usability and affordability. From the start of development the main focus was to design a printer which is capable of printing high-quality 3D-prints. We have used the best materials to achieve a high-standard printer, which is still easy to assemble.
Why we choose to go open source
We learnt a lot from the RepRap community on 3D-printing. In fact our first printer we have built was an open source machine. Experiencing the power of open source design back then, made us decide to open source the Mamba3D.
After the Kickstarter campaign part of the supplies will be ordered immediately. Two weeks after the campaign ends the funds will be accessible to us and the rest of the parts can be ordered.
The first production run will take us longer because we need to streamline production. The process will speed up after the Early Bird Batch and for Batch #1 we will be able to produce a higher volume per month, as well as for Batch #2 and #3.
See our production plan below.
VAT and Shipping
Value Added Tax:
Because we're based in the European Union (EU), we need to charge a VAT rate of 21% for backers within the EU. After successful ending of the campaign we will contact you by email for the exact location you want your Mamba3D to be sent to. If the location is inside the EU we'll send you a request to pay the 21% VAT before shipping. Once you've fulfilled that request we will send out your package as soon as possible.
If you live outside the EU (for instance the USA or Canada) we won't charge VAT. Local VAT and import tax might be applicable to you. Your countries local customs department will collect the import tax and VAT if necessary.
Shipping costs vary by location and country. To keep the shipping costs as low as possible for you, we will charge the costs individually. After the campaign we will send you a survey to give us your address details. Based on your location we will provide you with the exact costs for shipping. When we are ready to ship we will ask you to pay for the shipping costs.
Update on shipping costs:
We have received the final shipping costs from our logistics partner DHL. After the campaign we will contact you for the exact costs for shipping based on your location. Because it's a long list of different countries and pricings, we want to share the estimate of shipping costs for a selection of locations to give you an idea (ex. VAT for EU, no additional VAT for outside EU):
- Estimate shipping costs to the U.S.A.: €80-€90
- Estimate shipping costs to Spain (ex. VAT): €50-€60
- Estimate shipping costs inside The Netherlands (ex. VAT, pick-up possible as well): €20-€30
- Estimate shipping costs to China: €90-€100
If you want to know the shipping costs to a country other than mentioned above, please send us a message.
Calculation example Early Bird Backer:
Pledge amount: €650,-
Inside the EU: €650,- + 21% VAT = €786,50 + Shipping costs (Shipping costs will be calculated by location)
Outside the EU: €650,- + Shipping costs (Shipping costs will be calculated by location, Import duty or VAT might be applicable. Check your local customs office)
All 3D-printed objects in the images on this page are used with the approval of the creator/designer or are provided with a Share-a-like license.
Collection of technical prints
(from left to right):
Venturi pump by Jag: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:29100
Worm gear from InMoov Robot by Hairygael: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:30654
Helical gear by Catarina: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1339
Bolt and Nut by Gitrdun: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:71968
Pulley by MBC: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1936
Torture Test by MAKE: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:33902
Owl by Cushwa: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:18218
Red High Heel Shoes by Filopat: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:106979
Dinosaur by Mundocani: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:250645
Risks and challenges
Every project has it own risk and challenges. We have minimized the risks as much as possible. The Mamba3D is a finished working product instead of a prototype. This way we are certain no unexpected challenges are left in the design.
Risk and challenges with supplies:
We have communicated a lot with our suppliers and all of them know we're launching this campaign. They are ready to ship the parts we need.
Delivery and shipping time has been set, so that we can give you the most accurate delivery time possible.
Risk and challenges of on-time delivery:
After the campaign we set up our production. We have enough people behind us to call in and work with us to complete production. If production might get delayed, these helping hands will make sure we catch up and get the printers out on-time.
We are discussing the best shipping options with our logistics partner to make the shipping as smooth as possible. This includes the best rates for you and tackling any foreseen difficulties with customs.
Risk and challenges in completing your DIY-kit:
The step-by-step manual will be as clear as possible. This way we want to make sure you, as a backer, have little difficulty in building your printer. If there is any challenge left in completing the printer, we're here to answer your questions in our forum (which will be live after campaign) or you can send an e-mail directly to us with your support questions.
We will make sure every backer has a great printer after build completion.
- (30 days)