Be Meaner -Film in Pre-Production-
Be Meaner -Film in Pre-Production-
Seashell brings Shelly into a world of Super Girl Squad Adventures to destroy the Anti-Racist Machine, which may cause Global Warming.
Seashell brings Shelly into a world of Super Girl Squad Adventures to destroy the Anti-Racist Machine, which may cause Global Warming. Read more
About this project
I am using Kickstarter as the way to fund my newest feature, "Be Meaner."
Check the Updates Above!!!
Be Meaner is a very odd film with 20 locations, over 30 characters, a film full of sexy mayhem and distress, brilliant colours of machines, weapons, creatures such as plant women & meteor men, with odd places such as Cloud City, The Space Bar, Queen Maritime's Ship, Highrise Rooftops, Ships both Above and Underwater and so much more.
The PLOT revolves around an eclectic group of good girls led by Seashell, an Australian Inventor and Sailor. They are trying to stop Rusty BcBallion, who leads in the worldly bad guys' attempts at using a machine that will destroy racism, forever. Because, if the machine is used it may make everyone really warm to one another, which may cause global warming.
- My goal is to raise at least $100,000. This is to cover set design, props, equipment, crew and actors. We want time to be able to focus while on set.
While we do have access to great equipment and talent, all Cast, Crew, Sets, Props, Make-Up, Costumes, Lighting, Special FX, Lenses and Memory Cards, Permits and Lease Fees, Catering, On Location Traveling Expenses, Music Rights and more all make-up the budget!!!!Below is a short breakdown of expected costs:
- Cast- 30 Casts Members at $100 a day for an average 7 days per actor and actress equals a budget of $21,000....
- 20 Locations- Built-On-Set or Shot on Location in Portland, OR (Rental Costs, Traveling Expenses), equals a budgeted expense of $20,000.....a New Sum Total of $41,000....
- Crew- 10 Crew Members (Art Director, Director, Set Designer, Prop Maker, Costume Designer, Director of Photography, Boom Operator, Sound Designer, SFX Supervisor & Editor), at $100 a day for 30 days (all members come with their own equipment, which saves a lot of expense), equals a budget of $30,000.....a Newer Sum Total of: $71,000....
- Equipment Costs- Rental or Purchase of Lenses, Memory Cards and Lights: We do have access to equipment discounts, but some stuff is cheaper to buy also, when filming for 30 days, all of this equaling a budgeted expense of $3,000.....the Newest Sum Total of $74,000..
- Sets, Props, Costumes & Make-Up- Most sets will be built, because such locations a part of Be Meaner (such as a Cloud City), do not exist! The props, costumes and make-up are also completely original, equaling a budget of $20,000.....the Near Final Sum Total of: $94,000....
- Permits, Leasing of Locations & Festival Entry Fees- budgeted for an amount of $6,000.....a Final Sum Total of: $100,000.
And that's that.
Be Meaner will be over 90 minutes, typically coherent, completely reverent in of the irreverent and lastly, sexy-good times! So come be a part of Be Meaner. Come watch the evil Rusty BcBallion do his best to stop killing people, come watch Plantini heal The Queen with her Aloe Powers, come understand what a Booblyshaker actually does and there is so much more for so many different types of viewers. It moves slow and fast, all at your mental pace. If it were rated, it would be, "R," due to the natural and occasionally rough discourse.
My last film, "K'Nights -The Trees Move-" has had one premiere before the submission to Sundance. It was compared to Arrested Development,due to the fact that like Be Meaner, it is simultaneously both hilarious and emotionally affecting. I love this film:
Above is a still frame from, "K'Nights -The Trees Move," our last feature, Written & Directed by Montetré. Below is an In The Behind The Scenes of this film:
"Be Meaner" is the all-female version of, "K'Nights," minus the fact that there are men in the film (they just keep dying).
Further below now is the trailer for PICKLED, Montetré's second and very, very odd feature film also shot in Portland, which may be watched in whole, on YouTube:
You can also see the trailer for his first feature film, "nellAnoRe," and the third, "MoonPi," along with many shorts films and his old television show, "SequIntial Events," at Mwb3 Problems.
We are starting our casting and rehearsal process on November 28th. Next to come online are the conceptualized film photos and the beginning of the Behind-The-Scenes, starting with our Writer's Group and Rehearsals (this can all be seen through the Special Link).
Once again we film in Portland, OR. We aim for a January 2012 Shoot.
Why do I need $100,000? To make this film rock your socks off. It's not my first rodeo. And we've got our matured clowns in the corner, ready.
Above is a collage of The BE MEANER Reward System's visual representation.
When you donate, an e-mail will be sent to you regarding the secret link, your first and last name, the shirt and hoodie sizes, if applied to you.
On a further note, the video at the top of the page (You should watch it again, don't you think?), starred the Versatile Actress Christina Lark, the Immeasurable Filmmaker Gabriel Maitreya and the Brilliant Musician Stephen James. The video was shot by the Great Eye of Derek Hutton and the audio was recorded by The Best Production Assistant Ever, Matthew Montchalin. Project Starter Montetré also starred, wrote and directed the video.
Support this project
- (60 days)