Muv-Luv Relaunched on Steam, and new friends (part 2!)
The moment you’ve all been waiting for has finally arrived!
Muv-Luv and Muv-Luv Alternative are relaunched on Steam!
Play Muv-Luv here:
Play Muv-Luv Alternative here:
Sekai Project says: "Hello Muv-Luv Trilogy PC Backers and Steam Users!"
Thanks to Sekai Project for helping us relaunch the games sooner, with the best comeback ideas possible!
"It is my absolute pleasure to be able to work with ixtl on the Muv-Luv project. We understand the fervor of the fans of this groundbreaking franchise and it is simply an honor to be a part of all this. On the behalf of Sekai Project and our staff, please enjoy Muv-Luv!" - Christopher Ling, CEO, Sekai Project
"This is Hirei from Sekai Project. I'm very excited to be part of the team once again. As a fellow fan, I look forward to spreading the luv even further! Cheers!" - Stephanie Hii, Project Manager, Sekai Project
What's new* in the relaunch version?
1. Updated scripts for Muv-Luv Alternative- There will be one more final text update, but this won’t affect the save data at all, so feel free to progress with the story.
2. Muv-Luv Extra+Unlimited will be available for $29.99! (from $34.99)
The games are 30% off until March 15, 2018
Help spread the Luv to your friends and family by sharing our social media posts!
*The new Steam cards, and backgrounds will be implemented after the release. We were rushing to relaunch the games so we weren’t able to finish all graphical assets in time. Rest assured we’ll update everyone here on Kickstarter, social media, and Steam once they’re available. Please look forward to it!
The Director’s Cut Patch is back on Denpasoft!
Also, the Director's Cut patch for Muv-Luv is available once again on Denpasoft store, and only for $4.99!
Troubleshooting with the original AppID:
The existing patch still works with the new version of Muv-Luv! Just be sure to uninstall the old version first before applying the patch. If you encounter any issues, be sure to let us know so we can help you.
I already own the game(s), how to get the new key(s)?
For Backers - New keys for Muv-Luv and Muv-Luv Alternative were added to BackerKit. Please check your pledge details and browse the "Digital Downloads" section.
For Steam Users who owns the original AppID(s) - Valve support said they’re currently looking for ways so the original AppID owners can also get the new versions. If we can’t solve the problem before the end of March, we’ll be using Steam API to fix the issue.
How to transfer the previous save data?
- Uninstall previous Muv-Luv games (the save folders should be left intact)
- Copy the original AppID save folders somewhere as backup.
- Install the new versions of Muv-Luv and Muv-Luv Alternative.
- Run the game once, and open all save slots. To do this, at the very beginning of the game, just simply click save and fill up every single save slot with the same scene to “unlock” them.
- Once all save slots are occupied, close the game and turn off Steam Cloud sync, located under Steam “Properties”→”Updates”→.then unchecking “Enable Steam Cloud synchronization”.
- Copy the previous Muv-Luv save folder over to the new version's local directory located inside "steamapps/common" folder.
- Turn Steam Cloud sync on once again, and all original save data should be transferred to the new version.
Tanaka@The Muv-Luv Team
Customer Support Email - firstname.lastname@example.org