"Hello, my name is Musketon. I'm an artist from Belgium and I absolutely love skulls.
That's why I want to create this creepy and detailed card deck called: Graveyard."
Creepy, scary, detailed and high quality. Graveyard in a nutshell. I'm on a quest to bring this deck to live. Together with your support!
Quality and design.
- 52 poker size playing cards + 2 Jokers. (63mm x 88mm x 3mm white border).
- American playing card layout (top left and bottom right pips).
- True linen B9 finish (top quality finish).
- Standard edition: normal print tuck box.
- Premium edition: embossed tuck box (with optional foil print).
- Carta Mundi is going to be involved in the production process and helping me make decisions that guarantee the best possible quality.
Production is done in Belgium at Carta Mundi.
I was invited for a company visit to Carta Mundi. I had a pleasant meeting with Jirs, their speciality cards ambassador. After talking production possibilities we took an hour-long company tour. Jirs showed me the process of card printing from digital file to finished product. I wasn't allowed to show the whole process, but I can tell it is quite impressive.
The design process
Your opinion counts. These are possible back designs for the deck. a Regular print and a premium gold foil print. I really appreciate the feedback I got on this post when I asked for feedback in the updates and my Instagram post. I learned a lot from your insights and will take these into consideration when making the final call.
Tested some options for possible tuck box designs. Below you find the illustrator file and the time lapse video of the assembly (sounds fancy, it's just simple folding).
I also created a custom logotype. Something that suits the theme of the deck. Bold and heavy. Feel free to give feedback on these updates! I appreciate all the input.
Creating a custom logo
Creating the King of Hearts
To easily select the pledge you like just look at the numbers in the top left corner to find the pledge on the right side of this page.
Be part of the game?
Select one of the 4 available pledged that can get you into the game. Be a King, Queen, Jack or Joker! You can also gift this to someone you know!
I want to involve my backers as much as possible. I believe the road you take to your final destination is equally important as the destination itself. That's why I share every single step of the process.
Everything starts on paper. Each design I make is eventually created in Adobe Illustrator, but before I touch my computer I sketch out my initial ideas on paper.
This is an overview of how the artwork is created. From sketch to finished illustration.
How will you as a back be involved in the process?
- Each week I will post an update in this project showing the progress on the deck and asking for suggestions.
- I will digest those suggestions and implement them in the card game. So, the more suggestions I get the more the deck will become a piece of art created by all of us.
- I want to involve you in the creation process by creating a time-lapse video of each card I design. These videos will be shared so can see each card come to life starting from a blank canvas.
- I want to create some cards while live streaming. You tune in on specific dates and can see the creation happening. (live stream schedule will be announced via updates).
- I will share everything on Kickstarter, but also on my other social channels like Instagram.
Let's focus on what's important right now. Reaching the minimum goal. Once the goal is reached I will unlock stretch goals to mak the project even better!
Funding goal: 6000€ - UNLOCKED!
Extra cards: 8000€ (LOCKED)
Graveyard pin set: 10000€ (LOCKED)
4 live streams during the campaign. I will update my backers in this live stream and take them on a trip in the creation process of the deck.
Risks and challenges
I've learned a lot from my previous Kickstarter project. The most important lesson? "Take your time Bert!". I want to deliver the decks by the end of October 2018. I don't want to rush anything, but I do want to keep close contact with my backers. Communication is key. That's why I'm doing weekly updates on the process (also during the campaign).
My name as an artist is attached to the project. Since it is a passion project I want to go full throttle on this. I'm here to do a job and to bring you guys a splendid card deck.
In a worst-case scenario, I will keep you updated on what the situation might be. I don't foresee any of those creepy situations, but just so you know. Once again communication is key.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)