Button Bashers Turbo (Canceled)
Button Bashers Turbo (Canceled)
A refined retro themed experience based on arcade style fighting games. This light table-top game combines modern gaming with nostalgia
A refined retro themed experience based on arcade style fighting games. This light table-top game combines modern gaming with nostalgia Read more
For all you Retro arcade fighter enthusiasts, Button Bashers Turbo is a trip down memory lane…
Button Bashers Turbo is a battery free, fast-paced, tabletop card game modeled after popular arcade style fighting games. Using turned based action, stylized strategic gameplay, and a little luck of the cards you will send your friends running to the change machine.
This adventure provides a simple and inexpensive way to rekindle those feelings of excitement and panic brought on from classic hand-to-hand gaming combat. Attack, Block or Switch characters to K.O. those salty scrubs. Similar to the combo lists posted on the sides of those retro arcade cabinets, each of the 12 unique characters has a personalized list of attacks to help you pummel your opponent into the ground… using cards!
Full review: COG Gaming
"The variety of characters included in the game provides a good deal of replayability, and serves to enhance that traditional fighting-game-feel. Each fighter has moves with unique abilities..."
Full Review: Board Game Authority
"If you are a fan of battle card games, Button Bashers Turbo is certainly worth checking out. It is fast paced, easy to learn/teach, and has classic video game charm that will appeal to many console gamers."
Full Review: Across the Board Games
"It was actually a refreshing surprise to find that the mechanics worked so intuitively for the theme."
Turn Based Pummeling: in summary
1. Choose a team of 2 unique pixel ruffians starting with 20 life each
2. Place one ready to brawl character as active and the other on the bench
3. Set the scene with character enhancing stage cards. Stage powers activate according to the top card of the deck.
4. Bash! Draw 3, 5, or 7 Button and Joystick cards from the deck to match characters attacks. Strategize and keep the 3 cards you need.
5. Choose one of three actions to outwit and outplay your opponent
- Burst with attacks by managing your hand to form powerful combos
- Block to prepare yourself against the heaviest of brawlers
- Swap in your benched character to deliver a single blow and give the active character a rest
6. K.O. your opponents characters and Win the title of Champion Basher!
- Bonus Character: Kickstarter exclusive Bonus character set of 2
- Dice: Custom life tracking Spin down dice
- T-Shirt: What game is complete without your favorite gaming T-shirt!? (choose from 2 designs)
- Poster: Decorate your space with a custom Button Bashers Turbo Poster (choose your favorite character)
- Play mat: Enhance your gameplay. Choose from character aesthetic style (1 player) or functional use (partial 2 player) play mat
Why October Delivery?
- Kickstarter funds.... May 29th
- We receive funds.... June 12th
- Verify backer surveys + place order.... June 19th
- ...press start to continue… we were quoted 40-50 days manufacture
- Delivery to fulfillment service.... August 15th
- Delivery to YOU!.... September/October (planning for some delays)
We aim to please and know how disappointing it is to receive a Kickstarter reward late. We will work diligently to ensure we meet our timeline and provide updates along the way
To ensure customer experience that reflects our own passion for gaming. We are driven to provide the gaming community with enjoyable and affordable products that embrace a nostalgic and innovative adventure.
Clip: Clip from famous Justin Vs. Diago fight at EVO 2004
Character Art: Alyssa Ring
Graphic Design: Nate Moore
Risks and challenges
all 5 of us at Multi-Bit Games have put an extensive amount of work into perfecting gameplay and finding quality gaming materials. We have run countless blind test and took all feedback into account. We have tested the quality and speed of our printer and see no reason why we would not be able to deliver an enjoyable game right on schedule. We are even preparing for all stretch goals to potentially be met on time.
We will update continuously throughout the process to ensure each backer is satisfied with our promises and speed of delivery.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (29 days)