Naked plates have found their mate: the PlateTopper transforms your dinner plates into airtight food storage containers!
How To Use:
The PlateTopper transforms your dinner plates into airtight food storage containers! The PlateTopper solves a widespread problem – food storage on a plate – using a simple suction mechanism. Simply press the PlateTopper over your plates to create an airtight suction seal. You can keep entire meals, leftovers and snacks fresh and ready to serve – just lift the pull-tab to release the suction seal.
The PlateTopper is ready to be manufactured – in your choice of 5 different colors – and shipped directly to you. First I need your help to finance the first production run. If this Kickstarter campaign is successful, all of the money raised will go toward manufacturing and shipping your order. Thank you for your support!
The color choices pictured below include: (1) Lime Green, (2) Dark Blue, (3) Clear, (4) Red and (5) Light Blue.
I was inspired to build the first PlateTopper prototype after trying to help my family put away leftovers. It was a frequent inconvenience to find matching lids for Tupperware® containers in the kitchen cabinet. Tinfoil and plastic wrap also had their disadvantages as they were cumbersome to apply, not re-usable and not airtight. The PlateTopper solves these problems and it has many unique features and benefits described below.
Top Ten Features and Benefits:
1. The eco-friendly, re-usable alternative to tinfoil and plastic wrap.
2. Really fast and easy to use, really.
3. Airtight seal keep meals, leftovers, snacks, baked goods, etc… FRESH!
4. Easy to find the kitchen cabinet.
5. Fits circular dinner plates of all different sizes.
6. Stackable in the refrigerator – your food won't get smushed!
7. Microwave-safe, keeps food warm and prevents splattering.
8. Dishwasher-safe (we recommend using the top-rack).
9. 100% BPA-free. Assembled with NO glue or adhesives.
10. Your mom would like/love it!
Kickstarter Video Outtakes:
Yes! The PlateTopper is designed to fit all standard dinner plates. Specifically, it will fit any circular plate that is 9.5 inches or larger.
Yes and yes! Please use caution when handling hot food. Also, it’s best to use the top-shelf of your dishwasher and avoid abrasive sponges.
Yes, the PlateTopper is 100% BPA-free. It is constructed from the highest quality, food-grade silicone and plastic.
Yes, we are planning to introduce new sizes and colors in 2012.