About this project
SEASON 2 REACHED IT'S GOAL AND BEGINS MARCH 5th!
Thank you everyone who helped us get this far!
If you watched last season as it came out, then you know we release a new video every 3 weeks. This is because everyone on the production crew works on this project in their free time and has to hold separate full time jobs while producing this show. However, if we are able to hit these stretch goals, then we can not only get episodes finished earlier, but we can produce more of them!
$15,000 - A new episode every other week!
$20,000 - A new episode every Tuesday for the entire season!
$25,000 - 5 EXTRA EPISODES THIS SEASON!!!!!
Thank you to everyone who has contributed and supported us in making this ridiculous show that we love so very much.
The MPGiS Cast and Crew
WHAT IS THE MOST POPULAR GIRLS IN SCHOOL?
The Most Popular Girls in School is a serialized stop-motion webseries set centering around the foul-mouthed cheerleaders and prom queens that populate a fictional high school in the city of Overland Park, Kansas. Often described as "Mean Girls meets South Park," The Most Popular Girls in School premiered in October 2011 and has amassed well over 3,000,000 loyal viewers over the course of 13 episodes. If you're not one of those viewers, feel free to check out the first season here: MPGiS SEASON ONE
WHY DO YOU GUYS WANT MY MONEY?
Because we're making a second season! In order to make that second season though, we've got some financial hurdles we need to jump over. We want to make Season 2 as spectacular as possible, but in order to do that, we're going to have to raise some serious funds.
OK, SO IF I GIVE YOU MONEY, WHERE'S IT GOING?
- Sets: We build all of our own sets, and have to pay for supplies every time a new set is built.
- Recording Equipment: For Season 1, a friend generously donated the use of their studio to record all of our episodes in. However, that studio has closed, and in order to record Season 2, we're going to have to buy our own equipment. That includes a sound board and at least four microphones. In case you didn't know, those things are not cheap!
- New Characters: You'd better believe there's going to be some new characters coming to Overland Park this semester! New characters mean new dolls.
- Replacement Characters: If you watched Season 1, you know our characters went through a lot! So did their bodies. A lot of them can't stand up on their own anymore, and their bodies need to be replaced. Others have heads that won't stay on, while others need bodies with more moveable joints. Oh, and also, Deandra probably needs some new arms.
- Animation Software: Up until now we have been spending way too much time working with sub par animation software. We now want to step up the game to more professional stop motion software.
IF WE RAISE MORE THAN THE $5,000 WE NEED FOR SEASON 2 ,WE PRODUCE MORE EPISODES AND DELIVER THEM TO YOU SOONER!
Here you can watch our "Making Of" special and see how much work goes into making one episode of MPGiS:
WHY SHOULD I DONATE?
First off, we have some great rewards listed on the right side of this page and we are super excited about getting our fans get involved in the show. You could even have your face in the show!
But mostly, and let's be honest here, this show is way too wild and risky to ever be backed by a sponsor or a network. This show is why sites like Kickstarter and YouTube exist. With your help, we are able to produce a fully-realized show that stretches the limits of comedy and obscenity as far as it can possibly go!
We love working on this show and we hope you love watching it too.
The MPGiS Team:
Mark Cope, Lily Vonnegut, Carlo Moss
Risks and challenges
This is our second season, so we are pretty confident in our ability to execute it without too many issues. We will encounter the typical production issues of scheduling actors and maintaining recording and video equipment. It is also possible that the show could gain a contract with a television network or other entity that requests a halt on all production not associated with themselves. In the occurrence of this we would still work to fullfil any rewards to distribute.
If we receive a tremendous amount of backers it may take some time to deliver all rewards from the funding because we plan to release them in phases. For example, rather than send everyone the same script with the same signatures we are going to send out a certain number of scripts each time we record a new episode signed by the actors in that episode. So while some backers might receive a script immediately, others may get theirs several weeks later.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (25 days)