We are making a collection of our pauses between light and sound into a 7" x 7" paperback photo book and cd. This is a collaboration to combine the space in between the notes and shadows that make music and images memorable. Why?, because "...what we hear is important because it helps us to see." -Robert Wilson.
Over the past 4 years the photographs were taken with a medium format polaroid camera by Leslie Ostrander & the music is a 6 song EP written and recorded by Matt Marka.
The music and images are meant to be experienced together. Made to be found, opened to the light, listened to, viewed at arms reach and shared. A book is intimate; you have to touch it, choose to open it and spend time to hear and see what's inside. You can write in it, tuck in your own treasures, tear out pages and pass it on. Making the experience physical, intimate, less immediate and at the viewers pace; a continuous exchange that the music reinforces.
The photos are taken and the music is made, here's where you come in!
Your contributions will allow us to:
- Mix and master these beautiful songs
- Purchase an ISBN # and UPC bar code, so we can be legit
- Press the CDs, so you can hear it
- Print quality paperback books, for you to hold
- Pay for gallery space for our release party
Any additional funds we raise would go towards:
- Printing more books
- Pressing more CDs
- Paying Matt back for his time recording
- Getting you all fabulous treats/drinks at the release party
- Restocking our household supply of guitar strings and polaroid film
What you could get for your generosity:
- Our supreme gratitude for your contribution of ANY amount!
- Personal thank you notes
- Free digital download of music not yet released by Matt Marka/Ada Jane
- Limited edition prints and postcards
- A copy of this book collaboration- before anyone else AND signed by us!
- A hardcover edition of this book- which is ONLY available to our lovely Kickstarter donors
- HUGS!* *or high fives depending on your preference of personal space boundaries.
- COOKIES! Baked by us, just for YOU!
P.S. Every Kickstarter project must be fully funded before its time expires or no money changes hands. It's an all or nothing kind of thing. So if you like our project and would like to see us succeed, please spread the word and help us reach our goal. THANK YOU AGAIN!
- (30 days)