HOPE: The Board Game (Canceled)
HOPE: The Board Game (Canceled)
Join the Human Organization to Preserve Existence (H.O.P.E) in this 45-60 minutes, semi-cooperative game for 2-4 players.
Join the Human Organization to Preserve Existence (H.O.P.E) in this 45-60 minutes, semi-cooperative game for 2-4 players. Read more
In the dawn of the year 5341, technological prowess, political stability, and collective intelligence allow some 193 billion people to live in peace... Until the unthinkable happens: The universe begins to rapidly implode, threatening the fabric of space, time, and life.
As an elite member of the Human Organization to Preserve Existence (H.O.P.E), you are tasked with saving the universe by jumping to the far reaches of space, terraforming hostile planets into habitable worlds, and seeding new civilizations with life.
HOPE features a multi-dimensional board (an optical illusion) with an ever-shifting frame of reference, asymmetric player powers, and semi-cooperation between players (only one player will win, but if the universe collapses, all players lose).
Morning Players, who publish and distribute original games since 2011 and its Team were chosen by the H.O.P.E to design this last chance board game. We're now very excited to bring this game to life with your support!
- 36 hexagonal Galaxy Tiles with uncolonized Planets on one side, and colonized Planets on the other
- 5 Milky Way Tiles
- 70 Technology Cards : Light, Water, Fauna, Flora, Carbon, Oxygen and a Joker.
- 16 Movement Tiles : Up, Down, Slide, Joker
- 6 Character Cards : 5 H.O.P.E Cards & 1 Traitor Card
- 4 Spaceships with the colours of each player
- 4x 25 Pioneers with the colors of each player
- 4 Cockpits boards
- 4 Heroes
- 4 Polarisation Markers
- 1 Regression Token
- 1 Mission Board
- 30 Medals
- 16 Bonus Tokens
- 1 Regression Marker
- 1 Suction Cup Flag to turn tiles
- 1 Technology Center
For a full understanding of the gameplay, experience HOPE for yourself by having a look at the rules and free playtest version of the print-and-play files here.
A few key elements are as follows:
- Dimensional Jump: The universe is represented by 36 hexagonal Galaxy Tiles and 1 Milky Way Tile, each of which creates an optical illusion of a 3D cube with sides in blue, red, and purple. Each of these colors represents a different dimension that players can teleport within (i.e. a player can move from one blue space to any other blue space).
- Frame of Reference: The universe is volatile, causing the "Active Plane" to change throughout the game and for some tiles to completely drop off the map. This shift in perspective will challenge players to make good tactical decisions while still aiming for their long-term strategies.
- Incentivized Semi-Cooperation: When aiding the overall mission by helping other players or risking pioneers to stabilize planets, a player is rewarded with a Medal to be used as a bonus later in the game. At the end of the game, if the universe is still intact, the player with the most pioneers wins.
- Variable Player Powers: When H.O.P.E was created, men and women were selected from all over the world to lead this huge colonization project. After training intensely for months, they developed some specific skills. These Heroes are now able to boost their spaceships, challenge some physical laws or do incredible things that are very useful for the mission.
The core actions available during the game are Travel, Spread Life, Gain Technology, and Use Medals.
Different modes are also included in this game like a Traitor mode (with a different mission from the beginning) who wants to prevent the H.O.P.E mission, or some Bugs Cards that could change your plans during the game.
We've highlighted some of the elements of the reward levels that require visual explanations below.
All unlocked stretch goals will be included in every version of HOPE. Some are specific to this Kickstarter campaign and won't be included in the next retail version.
- Money-Back Guarantee: We think you'll love HOPE, but if you don't, you can return it for a full pledge refund within one month of receiving it. We'll even pay for return shipping.
- Limited Availability: We're only making one print run of the Collector's Edition, so this is your one chance to get a copy.
- Backers Come First: All backers (including retail backers) will receive their copies of HOPE well before it enters traditional distribution channels.
- We Need You: We've covered the cost of graphic design, art, and development for HOPE, but we need your support to manufacture and ship the game.
- Some game reviews are already available on:
HOPE was recently mentioned as one of the "6 NEW GAMES TO LOOK OUT FOR" by the Swiss (and neutral) Gus & Co blog.
- The game received great exposure at the last Paris Toy Fair (Paris est Ludique 13&14 June) with more than 100 new tests and lots of interest and gamers' comments :
"Such an innovative game that I had never seen before"
"It was so exciting to don't know if there were a traitor or not"
"The mechanisms are very simple and smooth since we get how to move on the board"
"It gives the desire to play again and again"
- More reviews are available online on the following websites :
- Techartgeek: HOPE review page (FR)
- Ludovox: New HOPE review (FR)
- Les conseils d'Ithaque: Test and review HOPE (FR)
Most reviews are frequently translated on the Morning Players website.
Ideaspatcher is a Kickstarter fulfillment company based in France that was founded by Morning Players. Some of the projects which Ideaspatcher has delivered rewards for are Viticulture/Tuscany, Harbour, and Steampunk Rally. Ideaspatcher specializes in Kickstarter projects: we know how to pack items so they arrive in pristine condition.
Here are the shipping cost for your rewards :
- USA: FREE
- CANADA : FREE
- EUROPE : FREE
- ASIA : $15
- OCEANIA $15
- REST OF THE WORLD : $35
Want to know more about Ideaspatcher ?
Morning Players is a French game editor and distributor specialized in innovative games. We started with only a website in 2011 and over the following years branched out into distributing and publishing the games that we love, HOPE being our first original strategy game.
Our enthusiastic and passionate team include the following people who contributed to the HOPE project:
Risks and challenges
Morning Players has published and distributed games since 2011. We are now a team of 10 full-time employees who are very passionate and experienced in the end-to-end process of game creation: ideas & development of mechanisms, art & design, logistics, marketing & communication, distribution & sales, etc.
We have been convinced from the beginning that a high level of service and good quality products are the key to heighten customer and gamer experience. That is why we allocate a lot of time and resources to select high-value, innovative games. We've been working on HOPE for 2+ years now.
We know that it is difficult to produce and deliver mass quantities of anything without something unexpected happening, however we do understand the importance of communicating everything (the good and the bad) to our backers and customers. A transparent and solution-driven approach defines how we run our business.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)