About this project
The Game will be bilingual in French and English. Every langage dependent element will be printed in two versions!
Check out the HOPE rules and PNP to get familiar with the 3D illusion of the game!
CLICK HERE to visit our dedicated landing page!
(Please note that even though there is a fifth color of player, there will not be a fifth player as the game is way more balanced for 2 to 4 players. This fifth color of player will increase your choice of color.)
- ToyNews: http://www.toynews-online.biz/news/read/board-game-hope-finds-success-on-kickstarter/046793
- Polyhedron Collider: http://www.polyhedroncollider.com/2016/06/uk-games-expo-2016-hope-kickstarter.html
- Gameosity: http://gameosity.com/2016/05/13/hope-returns-to-kickstarter-this-summer/
Devon Dice (Hope review begins at 1h45): http://directory.libsyn.com/episode/index/id/4454730
- Rahdo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9G60geBzso
- Board Game Brawl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlX4j-hxGw8
- Game Boy Geek: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mspJSiBW83Y
- Ludovox - Protochrono (French) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXislfJjKxw
- Hunter & Cron (German): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn0QXeE3xyE
- Tantrum house: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew4JcujIPIw
- Mr. Zombi (French): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_ASj3Iy7DE
- GDT Live (Italian): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FtIDrsfYJI
HOPE has been playtested during several events with game associations, during fairs and in bars. During these playtests, players feedback was:
- A nice cooperative feeling
- Having a traitor adds a thrilling touch to the game
- The asymmetry triggered by the different powers helps to divide tasks among players
- Once the 3D illusion is mastered, the game becomes more approachable
- The randomization of the set-up creates replayability.
We always welcome support from retailers and associations around the world. Your interest is very dear to us and we want to reward it as best as we can. If you’re a retailer or an association, please contact us for specific info and advantages at this address email@example.com.
If you’d like to have some more info about the retail version of the game (expected release date, price, components …) or if you want to preorder some retail copies once the campaign ends, please get in touch with us at this address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Since the beginning of the project, we have planned shipping very carefully to avoid any mistakes as far as shipping is concerned. We have studied weight, size etc.
How will we ship?
- HOPE will be EU and USA friendly.
- Morning will meet the cost of shipping for up to 10$.
- For backers who've added copies of HOPE to their pledge, shipping costs will be due only once per pledge, not per copy.
- For the backers who’ll get their copy of the ADMIRAL pledge in ESSEN, there will be no shipping costs.
- The following table shows the price you’ll have to pay in the backer survey following the campaign to account for shipping.
ATTENTION: you don’t pay shipping now, a pledge manager will be specifically implemented.
- Videos of Olivier explaining the development process of HOPE
- Marcelo Bastos Behance
- Nassos Apollonatos Art Station
- Morning Family Website
Publishing a game involves a lot of person on different aspect of the process. We would like to heartily thank them for their contribution to the development of the game.
- Maïa Esquerre, Dimitri Mazy, Lucas Taillard: the 3 students from the ECV Bordeaux who designed the opening video
- Marion Ballarin who created the designs for the rule leaflet
- Patrick & Mickaël Grosdidier who produced the prototypes
- Lutz Pietschker who translated the rules
- Milena Guberinic & Lars Frauenrath who proofread the rules
- Jamie Johnson & Jamey Stegmaier who provided us with precious advice to run this campaign
- Carl Brière, Chris Matthew & Fabian Louton from Panda Game Manufacturing who helped produce the best game possible
- All the playtesters and gamers that gave us feedback and helped us improve the game
- Lesley Singleton who helped us build awareness in the UK
- Gus&co who hosted a HOPE game night in his bar
- Le Dernier Bar avant la fin du monde, in Paris, La Muse Café, in Bordeaux and Moi j'men fous je Triche, in Lyon for having hosted us during the HOPE tour
Why pledge now?
Money back guarantee: We think you’ll love HOPE but if you don’t, you can return your copy for a full pledge refund within one month of receiving it. We’ll even pay for the return shipping.
Backers come first: We promise that all backers (individual, retailers, association) will receive their copy of HOPE before the game is released in retail.
We need you: HOPE is a project we believe in. We have been working on the game for more than 2 years and it is finally our pleasure to share it with you. We need you to make this dream come true, to make all of our efforts relevant, to give a meaning to our task. We are a bunch of passionate and tenacious people and getting this project funded and eventually having fun playing the game would be the greatest thank you on earth. We want HOPE to meet its audience on Kickstarter and to be jugded by you. We also want it, eventually, to be distributed through traditional channels.
Why did we choose Kickstarter?
So that the game can meet its audience. Morning is a young company, created in 2011. It is thus very important to get the funding before beginning production. We need to know that there is a demand for the game. As a Start-up we always want to use new and innovative ways to raise money. We want to show that we can bring our projects on Kickstarter to completion.
Risks and challenges
This is now our second rodeo with HOPE. We have already tried to fund HOPE once but decided to stop the campaign. You can find explanations here:
We took our time to come back. We did not want to make the same mistakes twice. We know that backers tolerate a first mishap, but not a second. That’s why we put all our efforts to work on the game and to create an excellent Kickstarter campaign.
This process took almost a year. It is long and short in the same time. In this period of 12 months we rethought the whole visual universe of the game, all the pieces, added some elements, tweaked the mechanics.
Now we have reached the end of what we can control and the rest is in the hands of fate.
So we hope that a meteor won’t crash on the factory where we produce the game, that the ship that bring your games won’t sink and that by the end of the year, global warming won’t reach 2°C!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)