Suit up to feel the thrill of every explosion, gunshot, and sword fight in VR.
Hardlight's patented pattern of 16 unique haptic feedback zones target every muscle group responsible for delivering each real, gut wrenching reaction.
Advanced in-game body tracking. Over 10 game titles already developed. SDK for easy backward compatibility. Works with PC-based VR platforms and games.
The Hardlight Suit is the final piece to complete your virtual reality experience.
We're changing the game with a fully-loaded suit. Other haptic devices out there don't fit the comfort and flexibility needed for true VR gaming.
Hardlight is built from years of intensive research and testing to maximize comfort and total freedom - at a price everyone can afford.
- "After taking off the suit, it feels like one of your senses has been cut off. Like playing games without color or sound."
Jamie Kelley, VR Studios
- "If you had asked me last year, I would have guessed that consumer haptic clothing is at least 2-3 years off. NullSpace has made something that is substantially ahead of its time." -
Ryan Smith, Inverse Studios
- "The vest has been cannily designed, with a simple, open design and adjustable straps which should allow the system to be worn by people of varying shapes and sizes." - Paul James, RoadToVR
- "Now, a group of engineers wants to help people "touch" virtual environments in a more natural way, and they built a wearable suit to do just that." - Jesse Emspak, Live Science
Each muscle group gets its own haptic zone. For your chest, abdomen, shoulders, and arms. Feel when you’ve been hit, shot, knocked, or touched.
The suit's tracking system augments the built in tracking systems of headsets like the HTC Vive or Oculus Rift. The suit then uses inertial trackers to track the limbs relative to the headset. This allows for relative-point tracking given a global truth.
In combination with these systems, the suit provides full arm tracking. Using these relative to the position of the head, the suit determines the position of the torso and limbs.
Hardlight's unique strap and clip design allows you to custom tailor the suit to your body. *Prototype model shown above.
We've got 15 game titles and counting. Just plug and play. Plus, developers are creating more games all the time with Hardlight's easy SDK.
- “It felt like the ground was rumbling. Even though nothing was moving, I felt like my whole environment was moving, so that vest is pretty impactful.” - Lynne Robinson, Bellevue WA
- "The API is easy to use, which allowed us to quickly integrate amazing haptics into the Art of Fight." - Kevin Tanoh, Programmer
- "Before even trying it out we were completely sold, the vest is so awesome-looking, it's exactly the future we want to see! Light, cool, badass (and of course it also works perfectly!)" - Samuel Auzols, Graphic Designer
- "It's so addictive, everyone at the office is fighting to get the vest during tests, as the experience is so cool even compared to VR. It's really a new dimension." - Kevin Tanoh, Programmer
- "Our sight is used to being misled, by films or games in general; we learned to always rethink what we see. With physical feedback it's different, the feeling is direct and is something we've never felt before." -Samuel Auzols, Graphic Designer
Suit Arm Length only extends to forearm, so true wingspan length supported is up to 12" longer than Suit Arm Length.
Given these measurements, we should support:
We can offer support to any individuals who exceed the men's size 4XL and women's size 18 by supplying extension kits. Please contact us!
Poor fit for children under age 12, and poor fit for those who exceed max shoulder requirements.
Hardlight VR Game Bundle includes Steam downloads of The Art of Fight and The Nest. Increase any Hardlight pledge by $20 to get these games.
If you're a developer interested in using the Hardlight SDK, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It's powerful enough to simulate a punch, and precise enough for you to feel even the lightest taps of rain.
Works with HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, and major gaming platforms and games. Switch to audio mode for more integration. PSVR & other platform compatibility coming soon.
Switch to Audio Mode for haptic feedback generated by acousto-haptic signals (audio). Play any console or PC game, watch movies, or listen to music for a full-body experience.
Hardlight's 3 easy installation steps will have you game ready and stepping into your new reality sooner.
Hardlight VR is a project from a tight-knit group of gamers and VR enthusiasts excited by the possibility of great haptic immersion in games. Spun off from the University of Rochester Robotics Club, we're set to revolutionize the way users interact with virtual reality. After years of experimentation, prototyping, and testing, we're finally ready to bring the Hardlight Suit to market.
We can’t wait for backers such as yourselves to share your great ideas and feedback. With your help, we can bring virtual reality one step closer to reality and make haptic feedback available to everyone.
We are able to ship worldwide. VAT and GST not included. Please see reward details for the shipping cost that applies to you.
We plan to ship the product in September 2017. We'll keep you up to date on our progress and the expected delivery date of your order. *Actual ship dates may vary. We'll keep you notified of your product ship date.
By backing now you'll get to own one of the very first Hardlight Suit off the line plus exclusive access to provide valuable feedback that will shape future generations of the product.
Risks and challenges
Bringing a physical product with lots of moving parts and different vendors from an idea, to a series of prototypes, to a cohesive, packaged unit for mass consumption can be a daunting endeavor. That’s why we’ve already lined up and finalized all of the design, fabrication, manufacturing, and fulfillment. From the time the campaign wraps up at the end of March, we have everything set and prepared to produce extremely high quantities of the Hardlight Suit for delivery to backers in September 2017.
We’ve spent a long time perfecting the Hardlight Suit and making sure it’s completely dialed in to give users the best possible haptic experience, so we’re thrilled to finally put it in people’s hands and we don’t want them to have to wait any longer than necessary!
Additionally, we wanted to prioritize joining forces with the best VR developers and studios in the business to make sure that when your Hardlight Suit arrives, you’ll be able to experience your favorite VR titles with a whole new level of immersion and presence right away.
Backers can rest assured their Hardlight Suit experience will be as optimized as possible right out of the box.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (29 days)