This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Sun, March 31 2019 5:00 PM UTC +00:00.
Hello there~★! My name is Ugne / Maple and I'm the person behind Moonlume - a little stationery and gift shop!
Starlume is my second series of enamel pins, and I'm really excited to show you the designs I've been working on for the past few months! Let's go~★!
• You will be paying a lower price for pre-ordering the pins via Kickstarter! (will be £12 in my shop later)
• You will be getting extra Kickstarter-exclusive goodies! (ex.: stickers!)
• Kickstarter is a very flexible platform - you commit now and pay later! This lets you manage your funds a lot better, and also gives you the ability to edit your pledge at any time, meaning you can increase, decrease or cancel it at any time until the campaign ends!
If you're new to Kickstarter, here's a quick explanation!
Once the initial £800 goal is met, the first two pin designs will be unlocked and be ready to go into production as soon as the campaign ends.
After that, each additional goal we reach will unlock something new: another pin design, an extra freebie, or even other items like keychains! Please scroll down to see all the goals and our current progress!
(Please keep in mind that, once we reach any goal, our progress needs to stay there even after the campaign ends for the reward to be available - declined payments can affect this.)
More goals with freebies for everyone may be added if we do super well and unlock everything~★!
Make sure you pledge for ALL the items you want, including the ones that are still locked - this is what helps unlock them!
(Note: on Kickstarter, shipping costs contribute to the goals, which is why they're added here!)
This looks like a lot of boring text!
Yes, I know, sorry! I couldn't think of a fun way to do this part, I gotta make things as clear as possible for everyone! ♥
Have you done this before?
I have! Starlume is my second enamel pin Kickstarter.
Will the pins have custom backing cards?
What clutch will they have?
All pins will come with two butterfly clutches to prevent spinning.
When will I be charged?
You won't be charged until the campaign ends, which is March 31st. After that, Kickstarter will begin collecting everyone's pledges, so you should see them charging you around the beginning of April.
Which pins can I pick when the Kickstarter ends?
You can pick from any of the unlocked pins! You can also pick multiples of the same design, if you wish.
Can I increase/decrease/cancel my pledge?
Yes! You can do so at any time during the campaign, until it ends.
How long will it take for me to receive my pins?
As long as there are no delays with the manufacturing process, they should reach you sometime in June. (or around the end of May if you're in the UK)
I'll be updating you along the way! Once I receive the pins from my manufacturer, I will inspect them for flaws and add them to the backing cards, and then ship them out. I'm a one woman band so it will take a few days to pack them all up! :) Here are the approximate shipping times:
UK: 1-3 days
Europe: 7-14 days
USA, Canada, Australia and the rest of the world: 14-21 days.
Please keep in mind that these are approximates - add an extra week or so if these are for a special occasion, just in case they get stuck somewhere during shipping!
What are the shipping charges?
Up to 4 pins:
UK: £2 / EU: £3 / Everywhere else: £4
More than 4 pins: (heavier packages!)
UK: £3 / EU: £4 / Everywhere else: £5
Will my package have a tracking number?
To keep costs low, I ship all my packages via standard airmail, so they will not be tracked.
From my experience, standard airmail packages make it to their destinations safe & sound 99% of the time, but if you would like to be extra safe, you can add £3 (UK) or £9 (EU & everywhere else) to your pledge for a tracking number.
Please understand that once a package leaves my studio, I am at the post office's mercy and can't be responsible for lost mail if you don't get a tracking number. However, in the rare occasion where something does go wrong, just shoot me a message and I'll try to help out in any way I can - you'd be surprised by how much lost mail turns up in the end!
What is rainbow metal?
★ Because of the nature of this material, the color of the metal in your pin may vary from the illustrations, as the rainbows are quite random! ★
I'm a repeat backer! Any changes from the Terra Kickstarter?
Yes, a few!
• The pins will be shipped in bubble mailers without boxes this time to keep shipping costs as low as possible. Don't worry, the bubble mailers haven't failed me yet - your pins will be safe!
• The shipping costs are higher - unfortunately, last time I miscalculated and charged way less for shipping than I should have. Whoopsie!
• There will be less waiting time between the project ending and pin delivery, as the artwork has already been approved by my manufacturer and is ready to go into production ASAP.
• The pins, while priced the same as Terra pins on Kickstarter, will be more expensive at my shop. I still wanted to make them as affordable as possible for backers - after all, you guys are what makes this project come to life! But because rainbow plated pins are the most difficult to make, they're much more expensive to produce, and therefore will be more expensive at my store after the campaign ends.
• The goals to unlock each pin are higher for the same reason as above.
Why Kickstarter? Why pre-orders?
To put it bluntly: pin production is very expensive! That's why a lot of artists, including myself, choose to take pre-orders via Kickstarter to cover the initial production costs.
I have a question that wasn't answered here!
Shoot me a message at any time! I'm online every day, all day, unless I am asleep! And even then I'm probably dreaming about this Kickstarter, cause it's all I've been working on for the past few weeks! :D
Here's a cute little photo of a few pins from my previous pin series, Terra!
You can still find some of these in my shop~! I will be restocking any sold out/low stock Terra designs in May as well.
^ Photo by rimasv ~♥!
Thank you so much for taking the time to read about my project! ♥ If you're a fan, please share it with others - it helps make these pins a reality!
Share it with your friends! Share it with your followers! Share it with your family! Share it with your cat / dog / bird / lizard / any other pet!! Yeah~★!! :D
Risks and challenges
This is my second Kickstarter and set of pins, so I'm fairly confident in everything going smoothly! But, if there happen to be any issues, I will of course communicate with you all and let you know ASAP. Here are some issues that are common in pin production:
• Delays. If the Kickstarter goes SUUUPER well and more pins need to be made than planned, my manufacturers may need a little more time to complete the pins!
• Minor design changes. My manufacturers have already approved the designs, but because enamel pins are partly handmade, there may be tiny differences in the design you see above and design you get. However, these would be EXTREMELY minor and most likely not even noticeable, just like my Terra pins!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- All gone!