Hello there~★! My name is Ugne / Maple and I'm the person behind Moonlume - a little stationery and gift shop!
Bottled Up is my third series of enamel pins, featuring a dreamy space theme.
• I am offering FREE SHIPPING with this Kickstarter, as a thank you for everyone who helps me make this project come to life! (they will have regular shipping prices when they're added to my shop later for general sale)
• You will be getting extra Kickstarter-exclusive goodies! (ex.: stickers!)
• Kickstarter is a very flexible platform - you commit now and pay later. This lets you manage your funds, and also gives you the ability to edit your pledge, meaning you can increase, decrease or cancel it at any time until the campaign ends!
• Last but not least, you'd be helping me make these pins a reality in the first place, as these pre-orders will cover the initial production costs!
September 11th EDIT: Even if we are a little under the second goal, two pins will be made anyway! And we might even have juuuuust enough to cover all three - please see this update for more info! :D
Even if the pin you want hasn't been unlocked yet, make sure to pledge for it anyway! This is what helps unlock them - you can always adjust your pledge before the end of the campaign. ♥
Beginning of SEPTEMBER: Kickstarter!
Mid-SEPTEMBER: Kickstarter ends & pins go into manufacturing!
End of OCTOBER: Pins arrive and I begin checking them for flaws and adding them to backing cards.
Beginning of NOVEMBER: I start sending the pins out! Arrival depends on where you're based.
Timetable may change as it is subject to any delays caused by the manufacturer or any unforeseen circumstances - if this happens, I'll make sure to communicate any timetable changes with you guys ASAP! ♥
Pin production: 60%
Backing cards & packing: 5%
Kickstarter fees: 10%
Have you done this before?
What clutch will they have?
They will have TWO metal butterfly clutches each, to prevent spinning. However, if you prefer rubber clutches, there will be a comment section in the pin preference survey you get after the campaign, where you can ask me to swap them out for rubber clutches.
When will I be charged?
After the campaign ends, on September 14th.
Which pins can I pick when the Kickstarter ends?
You can pick from any of the unlocked pins. You can also pick multiples of the same design, if you wish.
How long will it take for me to receive my pins?
As long as there are no delays with the manufacturing process, they should reach you sometime in November. (beginning for UK, later for the rest of the world)
Once the pins have been processed (checking for flaws, adding to backing cards, etc.) I will ship them and post an update - here are the approximate shipping times for when that happens:
UK: 1-3 days
Europe: 7-14 days
USA, Canada, Australia and the rest of the world: 14-21 days.
Please keep in mind that these are approximates and because they are shipping so close to the holiday season, there may be delays - add an extra week or so if these are for a special occasion, just in case they get stuck somewhere during shipping!
Will my package have a tracking number?
To keep costs low, and to be able to afford free shipping for everyone, I ship all my packages via standard airmail, so they will not be tracked.
From my experience, standard airmail packages make it to their destinations safe & sound 99% of the time, but if you would like to be extra safe, you can add £3 (UK) or £9 (EU & everywhere else) to your pledge for a tracking number.
Please understand that once a package leaves my studio, I am at the post office's mercy and can't be responsible for lost mail if you don't get a tracking number. However, in the rare occasion where something does go wrong, just shoot me a message and I'll try to help out in any way I can - you'd be surprised by how much lost mail turns up in the end!
Why Kickstarter? Why pre-orders?
To put it bluntly: pin production is very expensive! That's why a lot of artists, including myself, choose to take pre-orders via Kickstarter to cover the initial production costs.
Both of these series can be found for sale in my shop!
Thank you so much for taking the time to read about my project! ♥ If you're a fan, please share it with others - it helps make these pins a reality!
Share it with your friends! Share it with your followers! Share it with your family! Share it with your cat / dog / bird / lizard / any other pet!! Yeah~★!! :D
Risks and challenges
This is my third Kickstarter and set of pins, so I'm fairly confident in everything going smoothly! But, if there happen to be any issues, I will of course communicate with you all and let you know ASAP. Here are some issues that are common in pin production:
• Delays. If the Kickstarter goes suuuper well and more pins need to be made than planned, my manufacturer may need a little more time to complete the pins!
• Minor design changes. My manufacturer has already approved the designs, but because enamel pins are partly handmade, there may be tiny differences in the design you see above and design you get. However, these would be EXTREMELY minor and most likely not even noticeable, just like my Terra and Starlume pins! (you can see the final design above and the mock-ups that led to these in my previous campaigns if you visit my profile)Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (14 days)