Take a peek into The Night Clave!
Iadace, Ninth World Kickstarter Backers—
The Night Clave, the final physical reward from this campaign, is off to press. We’ve just opened up preorders for the hardcover at the MCG Shop, so folks who didn’t back this campaign (or backers whose rewards don’t include the book) can get it. And we have something special just for you: A sample chapter you can download right now.
(You unlocked a sample chapter of The Poison Eater during the campaign, and that was so popular that we decided to do it for The Night Clave as well.)
The Night Clave, by Monte and Shanna, is the second official Numenera novel. It will be released in ebook and softcover from Angry Robot Books, and available in bookstores everywhere, but the deluxe hardcover edition is available only from MCG. Download the sample chapter and enjoy! And look for the full version, in hardcover and ebook (and very likely in audiobook), in November.
The Numenera 2: Discover and Destiny Kickstarter campaign is now underway, and if you’re a Numenera fan you don’t want to miss this one. Check out some of the things we’ve already unlocked:
- Priests of the Aeons: This 160-page hardcover includes new foci and descriptors, cyphers and equipment, and other options and items for your character. It also covers the Aeon Priesthood in detail, giving you information on working with—or joining—the Aeon Priesthood to help enlighten the Ninth World.
- Building Tomorrow: More installations and items to build, more allies to recruit for your community, more sample communities to build from—and more challenges to face. Building Tomorrow is a 192-page hardcover sourcebook that expands on the community-related content introduced in Numenera Destiny.
- Slaves of the Machine God: A powerful overlord with an army of automatons: is this a simple, straightforward threat to you and your companions, or is there something more going on than meets the eye? An epic adventure of twists and turns in a 120-page softcover.
- Numenera Player's Guide: Create characters, explore the setting, and learn the basic rules in this inexpensive second copy of key rules and setting material. The 64-page softcover is perfect for getting a taste of the game, for having an extra rules and setting reference on hand at the gaming table, or for game masters to hand to new players.
- An upgrade to the slipcase 2-corebook set that includes additional content and an Order of Truth medallion. This goes to every backer who gets the two corebooks in print.
- And all that’s on top of The Trilling Shard, a Kickstarter-exclusive sourcebook that backers are helping to shape. Plus you get Discover Your Destiny, a unique PDF that introduces the changes in Numenera Discover and Numenera Destiny.
- And we’re working on unlocking our next stretch goal: The Ruin Deck.
This campaign is on a record-setting pace, and the way we’re working with backers to defend Ellomyr and shape The Trilling Shard is like nothing that’s ever been done on Kickstarter. We hope you’ll check it out and join us!