Concrete Shell Progress and Corian Machine Production
Happy New Year from team Anza.
We’ve been receiving a number of questions these days. While we could deliver more frequent updates, we are busy working with our suppliers and distributor to ensure we deliver a quality product as quickly as we can. As mentioned in the past, we will provide new updates every 4-6 weeks.
As mentioned in the last update, the mass production of Corian machines is underway. Barring problems, the machines will be finished before the end of January. Following production will be a quality assurance test. Then machines will be shipped in containers to the distribution centers. Exciting times!
As we mentioned in our last update, the pre-production run of the concrete machines highlighted an issue with the production process that caused water marks on the edges and unacceptable surface finish problems.
The supplier responsible for the concrete shells has been working to solve this problem, and we think we are close now! The supplier has sent us images of two shells with different finishes to choose from, with more or less surface roughness and air bubbles.
As you can see in the enclosed images there is a significant difference. We favour the rougher finish on the right and have asked the supplier to use this as the benchmark for future production.
The bill of materials and development costs have risen for both machines, and our team has had to make some choices to keep costs under control. It’s difficult to reduce specifications, but as a few backers have noted, we have made some changes to the steam knob for the Corian machine. We have had to economise and use the same steam knob on the Corian and Concrete machines as a way to reduce costs parts complexity. This knob is ceramic with a brass shaft and an embossed “H” which is not ink filled. We didn't want to make this change, but feel that it's the best compromise we could make. Both machines now have a brass trim ring around the steam knob shaft which makes the hole look more finished and adds some brass to the machine. The grouphead on the prototype machines was copper, but we have since changed to an upgraded grouphead which does not have visible copper parts.