The American Mid-West, for better or for worse, is the place of an incomparable wonder.
Each year, once a week, every week, for three months a GIANT MONSTER falls from the sky.
These aren't buff, intergalactic warrior monsters, or the spooky horror movie monsters --
I'm talk MASSIVE, BEEFY, BUTCH, KAIJU MONSTERS
How does this yearly rain of adversaries in a singular part of the world impact the stride of humanity?
Spoiler alert: It doesn't. Except for the community the beasts rain over.
That's right, the American mid-west is now its own bizarre ecosystem of monster hunting rogues, beefy state armies, and weapon making scientists who all use the beasts to further their own lives.
Among them all are a group of friends committed to using the quirks of their weird world to ascend to greatness.
Monster of the Week is a tried and true adventure comic, basking in the styles and tropes of 80's Amblin films.
The book is about these children who, despite the dire circumstances created by the monsters, all remain resolute in their sense of wonder and ambitions.
This book was an absolute collaborative dream. One look at the pages and you can tell the writer, artist, and colorist were all sharing a mutual creative vision. The book also gave each team member a chance to utilize their varying background experience.
Ryan has been publishing comics for the last two years in anthologies such as Alterna Press' Steam Punk Originals, Santa's Favorite Tales, and, most recently, Death Saves. His focus is on high concept, Amblin-esq adventures that combine a sense of emotional realism with a hefty dose of grandeur. You can follow his Twitter for updates on all his comic projects.
Mike Vasquez is a freelance illustrator with Upper Deck, Topps and Cryptozoic and is best known for his work with Adventure Time. Mike has also had the opportunity and pleasure to have worked on other great licenses in the non-sports trading card business including Star Wars, Marvel, DC, The Walking Dead, Lady Death and much more. His Adventure Time, Rick and Morty, and Dr Seuss crossover pieces, consisting of fan favorite characters carefully and cleverly mashed up with comic book and pop culture fandoms, have become a viral sensation and have been featured on many sites including Geek Tyrant and Teefury. He invites you to check out his other work at www.mikegoesgeek.com and follow his Instagram for future convention updates and projects.
Joe Hogan has to almost copy and paste Mike's self-description because they're so identical. Professionally illustrating for 6 years, he's freelanced with great companies like Topps, Upper Deck, and Cryptozoic to illustrate for some of his favorite franchises, including Star Wars, Mars Attacks, Marvel, DC, Ghostbusters, Archer, Adventure Time, Clerks, Firefly, and more. In addition to trading card work, Joe can be found illustrating, coloring, storyboarding, or even animating, for any given project. Aside from riding the coattails of Mike Vasquez by coloring some of those great mash-ups (collaborating for 3 years now!), Joe's work is best known in the Star Wars community for creating unofficial motion comics on YouTube. His work is also prominently featured in voice actor James Arnold Taylor's live stage show, "Talking to Myself."
- $1 - Ankle Biter: Every little bit helps! Just for kicking in the fee of a can of coke, your name will emblazoned on our "Thank You" page.
- $5 - Cyber Monster: The story starts here! Five bucks gets you a full digital copy of Monster of the Week #1 upon successful completion of the Kickstarter. The pages will be glossy, and the adventures epic.
- $8 - The Monday: This is what it's all about, a hard copy of Monster of the Week #1! You book will be shipped bagged and boarded with all the monster filled mayhem that can fit in a polyurethane bag.
- $10 - The Mega Monday: Your very own hard copy of Monster of the Week #1 signed by writer Ryan Little and the infinitely talented Mike Vasquez!
- $25 - The Tuesday: Halloween Variants start here! Get your hands, claws, or tentacles on a hard copy of Monster of the Week #1 PLUS 1 of 3 Kickstarter Exclusive variants featuring our leads dressed as some of their favorite fellow fictional characters, all designed by book artists Mike Vasquez and Joe Hogan!
- $40 - The Wednesday: The monstrous rewards only get bigger as the week goes on. Wednesdays come with a hard copy of Monster of the Week #1 plus TWO Halloween variant covers of your choice!
- $55 - The Thursday: A bundle to truly fear, Thursdays come complete with a standard copy of Monster of the Week #1, ALL THREE variant covers, a copy of writer Ryan Little's other comic, Lonesomes #1, plus a 25 page digital bundle of Ryan Little's previous stories. These will be bagged, boarded and come signed by writer Ryan Little and artist Mike Vasquez.
- $75 - The Friday: Get 30 copies of Monster of the Week #1 to rampage the shelves of your store! All will come bagged, boarded, and signed by writer Ryan Little and Artist Mike Vasquez!
- $85 - The Saturday: Own an original fearsome monster of your very own. Artist Mike Vasquez will sketch you a monolithic monster of your very own on a special variant blank cover. This original piece of Mike's art comes along with a regular version Monster of the Week #1. (DON'T YOU DARE FLIP THROUGH THAT SKETCH COVER. IT'S TOO GORGEOUS!)
- $100 - The Mega Saturday: Retailer Exclusive! You'll get 30 copies of Monster of the Week #1 PLUS writer Ryan Little and Artist Mike Vasquez will come to your store for a signing. *** Must be within 100 miles of Los Angeles, CA)***
CHECK OUT THE FIRST 6 PAGES! :
Risks and challenges
As mentioned in the video, the comic is ENTIRELY FINISHED, which makes the risk factor exceptionally low. I will have the comic printer by a wonderful US domestic print RA comics with whom I've worked before. I know I can trust both their timeliness and quality.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)