A revolutionary online arts education course that empowers artists to find their true path and make a living off their art.
A revolutionary online arts education course that empowers artists to find their true path and make a living off their art. Read more
About this project
Would you believe me if I said you could create a successful – and fulfilling career as an artist?
That you had control over the achievements in your life, or that business skills, just like artistic ones, are something you can learn easily and painlessly? What if I told you that YOU could make a living off making the art YOU want to make? I have helped artists double their freelance rate, break into the industry, land their dream jobs, and find their true calling.
Listen to some of my past students:
"Thanks to Rick’s class, I was able to get a full-time position working directly with the CCO of my company and their creative team, and not only was I able to negotiate a great salary, but I also get to really shape the role to my interests! Rick doesn’t sugar-coat anything, but his practical and inspiring material keeps me going whenever anyone questions my decisions. I’m loving the transition into the work phase of life - and I managed to do it without finishing school, just like Rick always said was possible!" -Stacey B.
"As I begin to check off each step to my dream job I can’t help but think that all the effort I put into your class has truly set me up for future success. [For my dream job at Anthropologie], I mapped out each step I would take to getting to this position, which included getting a job as a sale associate there and then becoming a visual intern. I wanted to let you know that I have now been working there for 7 months and found out today that I was accepted into their visual internship program! I wanted to thank you not only for teaching, guiding, and inspiring me to pursue my talents and find/ create jobs in the art field but for also persistently changing the idea that we as creators and innovators can only be “starving artists.” – Amanda M.
So What Is Artrepreneurship 101?
Forged from real-world experience, psychological and sociological studies and books, finance and marketing research, and the advice from people who are making a living off their art, Artrepreneurship 101 is an online class designed to teach you how to deal with the emotional aspects of being a professional art hustler as well as the actual tactics and tricks I’ve used to make it as a professional artist.
Artrepreneurship 101 is unique in that it goes beyond just telling you how to market and sell art – we’ll also tackle things like self-doubt, procrastination, and other psychological barriers that impede you from getting your important work done.
What does the course look like?
Artrepreneurship 101 is unique in that we have a modified 5 week program tailored to your specific needs as an artist. While there is a lot of overlap between the four different tracks, they all offer a different perspective, examples, and focus-related tips and tricks to maximize their effectiveness.
Here's a brief class overview of what we're going to cover in the class:
WEEK 1: The Artrepreneurial Mindset
- Setting realistic goals/themes for your career and dismantling the two largest art career myths
- How to boost your confidence using proven neuroscience -
- How to fight back against paralyzing fear
- Reconciling sustainability with the need for hard work
- The #1 quality that successful artists have and how to grow that trait in yourself
- and more!
WEEK 2: Creating Your Brand / Introduction to Marketing
- How to market your art naturally (and without feeling sleazy)
- Finding your ideal customers and where they hang out
- Creating a website (even if you’re terrible with computers)
- The #1 fear in America and how to defeat it
- How to talk about your artwork so people get excited to buy it
WEEK 3: Getting Your Work Out There
- The importance and how-to’s of research
- Understanding social media and how to build a community
- Portfolio/reel prep and promotional materials
- Building your superteam and finding mentors
- Getting press from industry movers and shakers
WEEK 4: Selling
- The emotional side of selling/dealing with the mentality of lack
- The craft of telling your unique voice and your story
- Tricks behind monetizing your art and creating products
- Why people buy and how you can get them to buy from you
- How to crowdfund and run presales to limit upfront investments (of time and money)
WEEK 5: Your Ideal Career - This is where the material diverges the most. Depending on your track, we'll cover:
- Finding out about jobs no one else knows about
- Writing resumes and cover letters that actually get read and get you hired
- Negotiating a higher salary and interviewing like a boss
- Sneaking past the gatekeepers and breaking into the industry
- Freelancing and creating your own jobs
- Building a brand people love
- Conquering craft fairs and trade shows
Check out the tracks for more specifics:
I wanted to use Kickstarter as a platform to reaching the largest audience possible, and to bring this class to the masses. Rather than pay $2400+ to take this class (plus the costs of living in San Francisco) for 15 weeks, I wanted to bring this information to everyone and give them lifetime access to the material, so even if you are still honing your art skills, you can snag this now and come back to it when you're ready to set out into the world. You don't have to be afraid of having access to the class expire. EVER.
The funds I raise from this Kickstarter will allow me to invest back into Lift Off, bringing you more content, cutting-edge research, and a higher production quality for the videos (because I know the video sucks - you'll get much better). It will also allow me to update the curriculum with up-to-date content so you'll always be current with the modern trends of the job world (which you'll always get access to with your lifetime access.)
Thanks a million!
So thanks for taking the time to read all of this and I'm looking forward to teaching you how to achieve the creative life of your dreams! Let's do it together!
Risks and challenges
All of the course content has been tested via hundreds of real students. We have found that students who actually complete all the exercises have left 100% satisfied. That said, if it wasn't clear from the testimonial earlier, this is not an overnight magic bullet of a class - it's definitely work, but you will see results if you follow the system.
The website and membership infrastructure has been created and is ready for the videos to be created.
The only risks and challenges associated with this project are delays due to video production and editing. Assuming we hit our funding level that will allow for hiring of additional technical experts to make sure everything works and streams beautifully!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (35 days)