Mise En Abyme Cloud Computers - PC inside a Website
Mise En Abyme Cloud Computers - PC inside a Website
A website that hosts virtual desktops. Simply log in and the cloud will enhance the power of your local computer or smart device
A website that hosts virtual desktops. Simply log in and the cloud will enhance the power of your local computer or smart device Read more
Ever wondered if there's a website where you can access a virtual computer?
Ever wished there was an app that emulates Windows or Linux?
Ever wanted to have a cloud service where you can execute programs and install software?
The service that lets you create and access personal Windows desktops in the cloud is Mise En Abyme (MEA)
Watch this demo video to see how it works:
For me it all started in 2013 with this image:
I was fascinated by such technologies as remote desktop and virtualization. So I experimented with remote desktopping to a remote computer and back and this is the recursive picture I got.
There is a name for such an effect, it's called Mise En Abyme, meaning 'put into abyss', and that's why I named the project a French word 'Mise En Abyme'.
The decision to call the project such exotic name came to me without hesitation: since I was a little boy my dad bought a camcoder and while pointing the camera to the screen of a TV set he sent the recorded feedback to the same TV. That impressed me a lot as a kid, I could stare into a mirror I'd put against another mirror for hours, as if looking into the three-dimensional depths of infinity. There was no doubt I call my cloud computing project after Mise En Abyme effect, even though I'm sorry for those users of MEA that have trouble pronouncing the word because not everyone can read French.
Les Ordenateurs Mise En Abyme sont disponibles sur Français:
La nube MEA es disponsible en Español:
Облачные ПК Mise En Abyme доступны по-русски:
Free Beta is available NOW!
To get a tester's login and password visit our Facebook page
Applications of this technology are limitless. To name just a few:
- Convenience and peace of mind
- Because all processing is done on ApostleMod's servers, your own device will never overheat or drain battery no matter what app or game you are running
- Impossible to steal - that's what it is being hardware independent
- You can't leave it behind or forget to take it with you. MEA is everywhere where there is the Internet
- Suppose MEA is your first computer and you don't have another device. Minimum hardware you need is an inexpensive zero-client device such as Raspberry Pi, a TV screen or other HDMI monitor and a keyboard/mouse
- Hardware upgrade
- Ever wanted to upgrade your system without having to install hardware? With MEA all you have to do to switch from legacy computers to medern ones is to log in to apostlemod.com and connect to your cloud computer - now see your new system properties right on the screen connected to your legacy computer
- Many computers cannot be upgraded beyond a specific point. For example a motherboard only has a processor socket for a specific processor, but what happens when its CPU becomes legacy is that there is no way of installing a CPU with a new architecture. According to Moor's Law, processor architecture and scale improve every 12-18 months, so after a few years your processor will be unupgradeable and you will need to buy a new computer if you want a better processor - unless you connect to a MEA cloud computer and continue using your old hardware as usual
- Windows XP upgrade
- This OS is very obsolete and insecure, still it remains one of the world's dominant OSes. Whether you are used to XP, don't feel like upgrading your entire network of XP computers to a modern Windows OS or simply because your hardware can't handle anything above XP, your solution is to security and cost-effective upgrade is MEA cloud computers
- A gaming computer you dream to buy with a much cheaper price tag than a physical computer
- A Windows platform running on another OS
- MEA is not an emulator...but it is an easy and secure way of running Windows on a Mac or Linux. Moreover, cloud computers is the only way of running Windows on Apple iOS
- Advanced security
- MEA security measures are just as strong as online banking and even stronger. This gives MEA computers a complete victory over traditional physical computers.
- So safe a child can use it
- Because MEA 'brains' are on the Internet there is absolutely no risk of physically damaging your cloud computer, whether you are a child or an adult you will find it a big benefit
- Made in the USA
- An American computer-avatar that you control from even from another country, you PC's alter ego
- Green Tech
- No old hardware, wires, mercury, radioactive, biohazard, toxic, smelly or otherwise dangerous materials to dispose of
Rewards: surprise, surprise! Cloud computers!
Pre-order cloud computers on Kickstarter and get the Power (low-end) or Eleet (high-end) computers by Christmas 2015!
You can either subscribe for a monthly fee (50$ for Power and $80 for Eleet) or buy a cloud computer for a one-time fee.
The price includes our unique Kickstarter discount ($50 off)
This is a rare opportunity! The regular price after the Kickstarter campaign is $500 for Power and $1000 for Eleet.
$450 covers all the software licence fees needed to virtualize, deliver and secure your cloud computer to your physical device over the Web. This price also includes OS licence. In order host a cloud computer we need a powerful server and mighty I.T. infrastructure.
$950 covers the same expenses PLUS the cost of a virtual GPU. To create a virtual GPU we need a special graphic card designed for cloud gaming. The one we will use is Nvidia GRID.
Newbie cloud computers are Linux SHARED machines with MINIMAL virtual hardware that will allow them to be FREE.
Such computers are not anywhere near Eleet or Power, but they are capable of light Web browsing, great for educational purposes and INVALUABLE for people with low income in third world countries.
In order to bring free cloud computers to life I need a team of I.T. experienced professionals, servers to host virtual machines and software licences to deliver them over the Internet. I need your help.
Make it possible for the young generation of dreamers in any corner of the world to be a happy user of a free cloud computer! Such computers can run on basic hardware including Raspberry Pi ($35) or other boards developed on Kickstarter and elsewhere.
Exclusive Samsung Galaxy or iPhone case with Mise En Abyme graphic design available as a reward together with an Eleet cloud computer, extra storage, early access to new beta tests and backer's name listed in the hall of fame at apostlemod.com for a pledge of $1,050
Risks and challenges
When it comes to any web and software project the first thing the users need is security. Confidence that their data will remain private and in the users' control. Two kinds of risks are therefore to be classified that can affect users' security:
1. Non-physical: Hacker attacks, viruses, rootkits, malware, man-in-the-middle.
2. Physical: Natural disasters (it's all San Andreas' fault!), wars, rebellions, market crashes, alien invasions...
MEA uses SSL, Passwords, Firewalls, Switches, Windows Defender, OS updates, other software updates, VPNs, Proxys, PHP code, OpenDNS, Linux servers, IPv6 addresses and a great deal of other security measures we're not going to mention here for your own security so that potential hackers won't even know what they are up against.
All these security measures GUARANTEE YOUR SECURITY against all but two types of hacking techniques - Zero-day attack (when a hacker finds a system vulnerability never before discovered in history, e.g. Heartbleed bug) and Social Engineering (when an attacker deceives the user into sharing your password - never tell your password to anyone)
Physical threats will be minimized by setting up several datacenters in different locations that will make MEA survive even after one of the datacenters becomes destroyed.
- (30 days)