"Like a quasi mix of Bowie, Lennox and Gaga.. Arieh's the reinvention of pop music" - Klefnotes Music Blog
- Hey, my name is Miranda Arieh. I'm a singer songwriter and mental health campaigner from Leeds. The album I'm releasing is my first ever album called 'Ferine'. It has been 3 years in the making and it means so much to me to be able to release it with your support! I am excited to be so close to sharing this body of work with you!
Taking pain and making it in to purpose. Recognising the parts of us that are wounded and having compassion for these helps us to heal, and to help others.
Sharing our truth openly, by allowing ourselves to be vulnerable is part of celebrating the journeys we've ALL been on...
- 'Ferine' is a celebration of wild creativity. Many of you will know my story and hap-hazard journey in to songwriting but for those of you that don't here it is!
I started to write songs on a one stringed guitar I picked up in Linton House adolescent psychiatric unit at the age of 14. I was sectioned into Highroyds Hospital and remained as an in patient there for 9 months. I had been going through a very difficult time emotionally and mentally and was classed a danger to myself. Struggling to be able to express what was going on for me, I had always written poems and lyrics but it was when I started to write songs that I discovered a truly transformative art form for myself on a personal level.. I had found the most therapeutic tool to be able to communicate what I wanted to say and figure things out through.. Songwriting.
- As an adult, I have gone on to work with some of the leading mental health organisations in the country such as Community Links, Touchstone and Mind, developing peer support services across the Yorkshire and Humberside region with Leeds Mind, using my personal experiences to help others.
- I public speak regularly alongside and through my music, about the role that creativity can play in mental health recovery. Speaking to inspire and empower people to gain a new perspective on mental health awareness. And break the stigma!
- I was named 'Social Impact Star' at the Inspiring Women Changemakers awards for the mental health campaigning I have done through my music and continue to do so.
- Launching 'Ferine' feels important to me on a personal level as it documents and celebrates the journey I've been on. From where I started songwriting to where I am now!
- I will be launching my new campaign, to get music making groups rolled out in mental health units this year. #musicsaveslives (please follow me on social media to keep up to date with this and my music!!)
"Releasing this album feels very significant to me personally. My mental health and anxiety have really held me back a lot with my music dream over the years so it feels incredible to me and so exciting to finally be in a place where I feel ready to share the full body of work. It is my first fully produced full length work as a solo artist.."
What The Press Say:
“The avant-garde queen of indie music is back on her throne..”- Klefnotes Music Blog
"Possibly the most intriguing and different sounding artist Listen To Discover has ever featured"-Listen To Discover
“Hypnotic”- Tom Robinson, BBC 6Music
"Life saving.."- Inspiring Women Changemakers
“Captivating set... Lyrical genius”- On Magazine
“Brilliant artist, love what she does”- Alan Raw, BBC Introducing
NEW MUSIC VIDEO CREATION WITH YOUR SUPPORT:
As lots of you may know I dipped my toe in the water by releasing 4 of the tracks from the album so far with music videos (2 of which went on to win the 'Leeds Music Video Awards'!) I really love to experiment with reinvention and visuals for each video I create!
- With your support I would love to create one more music video for the first track from the album 'Hold On' to go with the album launch in July, and be premiered there, projected on the the stage back drop! 'Hold On' is my favourite song off the album and I've always wanted to release it as a piece of music video art alongside the release of my album.
- I have such an epic idea and character in mind for this one! I would love to create with your support!
- I wrote 'Hold On' to offer encouragement and comfort, to everyone who listens to it. With a message to Hold On, Carry on even though it's not always easy but....
Being brave doesn't mean you're not scared, it just means that you carry on.
- The song, that opens up the album, starts with stripped back piano and vocal and ends with a full on wild upbeat 10 instrument celebration party outro to gee us all up for the rest of the album!! It feels significant to me to release 'Hold On' music video/single with my album launch as it feels like this song is documenting and celebrating the journey I have been on to get up to this point. The point where I feel strong enough to share myself on a personal level with people fully through my music. It is a song for everyone, celebrating the journeys we have ALL been on to get to this point where you are now..
This is 'Hold On':
WHY DO I NEED YOUR SUPPORT?
- I am an independent artist with no backing from a record label, manager, agent or otherwise so I am asking you for the support to help me release my art. It would mean more to me than anything else in the world, this has been my dream my whole life and I finally feel like I am ready to share my personal art in the way I intended to share it. I want to help and inspire people who may be struggling, using the art I create.
WHAT WILL THE MONEY BE USED FOR?
I will use the money raised to:
- Mix and master the rest of the album
- Fund design & creation of artwork and lyric booklet by independent designer/artists (the more I raise the more extravagant this will be!)
- Manufacture limited edition deluxe 'gold' versions of the album and vinyl (both available only for backers)
- Put on my first ever full band album launch show party and video premiere at The Brudenell Social Club on the 19th July
- Marketing, PR and distribution for the album & Hold On single
- Creation & edit of music video ('Hold On') with a single release and promotion campaign for this also
This is all or nothing funding- if I don't reach my target I won't get anything so please help me to spread the word!
Check out my list of rewards including hand crafted and limited edition merch available only to backers! Plus one off pieces such as the GOLD JUMPSUIT that I wore in THIS video below, for my track 'The End' taken from the album:-
Thank you so so much for taking the time to read this and your support.
Thank you so much to everyone who has supported and encouraged me with the singles and videos I have released so far, the difference it has made to me is vast and been very healing to have felt heard and to create something people are getting enjoyment out of is just the most incredible feeling in the world to me. I love you.
FERINE: STAY FERAL, UNTAMED, WILD....
T-SHIRT REWARD IMAGES!:
Risks and challenges
Potential risks are if I am unable to get the 'Hold On' music video created and filmed and edited in time for the album launch show however I am confident we will! Also if I am unable to get the vinyl or cds pressed in time following getting the packaging designed and made... I am aware vinyl takes a long time to press but I am going to work to a strict timeline to try and ensure delivery is prompt and feel confident I can meet these deadlines!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)