This project's funding goal was not reached on December 2, 2010.
About this project
Minutiæ is a humor magazine, spoofing and parodying Time, The New York Times Sunday Magazine and The New Yorker. If you haven't ever heard of us, take a look at one of our recent issues and see how Minutiæ is bending humor and observation around our ideas of a 'proper' publication. With each passing issue, the magazine is putting out better drawings, illustrations, graphics and writing..
Minutiæ has already published four issues that are available as free PDF downloads. In addition, the issues are available at MagCloud, but so far all of printing and shipping has been done out of pocket.
How Your Funds Will Be Used
The Printing and reading!
Minutiæ is looking to raise funds to pay for the printing of issues to give to our contributors, artists and editors for all their hard work (as no one yet gets paid). In addition, the money will be used to print and ship the issues and rewards (like pins and t-shirts) to our backers.
Finally, if enough is raised, many issues can be printed to hand out to local comedy venues here in Los Angeles to raise awareness and keep Minutiæ publishing funny stuff for everyone! Your backing is very important. We are only able to print a small handful so that each of the contributors gets to see their work in print. Beyond that, however, we don't print anything.
T-shirts and pins and secrets!
- Every donation will be able to download the issue a full two weeks before it is published in print. This is just like getting MP3s a little bit before you get your album in the mail.
- Furthermore, every donation includes enrollment in The Secret Master's Secrets Monthly Newsletter , a monthly newsletter with a secret from the Secret Master. Little is known about him, and even less about his secrets (yet the frequency at which they occur are miraculously regular).
- The Special Pin will be a 1-inch pin with full color of an awesome design based on the magazine.
- The Special T-Shirt will be a wonderful shirt (in your preferred size) with an incredible design based on the pieces in "Progress." It will look beautiful even if the people looking at you haven't read the magazine, but if they have, this is certain to put you up a few pegs in the social circles you frequent.
- Our great cover artist Lucas Adams has been doing great work on Minutiæ since it began. This is your chance to grab the artwork as postcards.
(For shipping to Canada or Europe, please add the extra charges: Canada add $3, to Europe add $10)
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (49 days)