Battle Merchants Board Game (Canceled)
An economic game set in a fantasy land, where players manufacture weapons and sell them to various warring races.
--- DON'T PANIC -- We'll be relaunching shortly with better pricing and lower goal!
* SHARE CONTEST: We are giving away free stuff to the USA BATTLE MASTERS backers and above. All you need to do is to share our project and get your friends to do so. When the SHARE count above reaches each level, the items will be included in your pledge for FREE!
- At 500 shares we'll give backers a free Season Ender button.
- At 750 shares you'll get the Season Ender button plus a FREE collectors set of Metal Coins!
- At 1000 shares we'll include a free Minion Games 2011 product with every order. (Your choice of: Nitro Dice, Nile deLuxor, Grave Business [US only], 5 Fingered Severance [US only])
* IMPORTANT UPDATE: We have a better quote from a good factory now and can offer the 3 player board and the 2 player board now for free included in the base game without needing a stretch goal!
In a faraway land, the Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, and Hobgoblins stand on the brink of war. After years of failed peace negotiations, they have finally decided to take up arms and stand ready to fight. Which is great news for you. Because you'll be selling them their weapons.
Battle Merchants is an economic game set in a fantasy land, where players manufacture four different weapons and sell them to various warring races. Demand for each type of weapon will differ throughout the game, but a well-crafted weapon will last longer.
On each turn, players can forge weapons, sell a weapon, upgrade craft (to build better weapons), or take a Kingdom Card (for special powers). There is a possible fifth choice available (Forge and Sell a weapon in the same turn) for players with a high-enough level of craft.
Players earn money for selling weapons. It's permitted (and encouraged) to sell your weapons to both sides of the same battle. The game takes place over four seasons in one game year. At the end of each season, the races fight with the weapons the players sold. Weapons are at risk of being destroyed in a battle, but surviving weapons earn money for victory. After all, someone has to get paid for sharpening all those weapons...
The player with the most money at the end of the game wins.
PLAYERS: 2-4 Players
AGES: 13+TIME: 90 MIN
- 80 Standard weapon tiles (20 each of Battleaxe, Longsword, Mace, and Hammer)
- 40 Vorpal weapon tiles (10 each of Battleaxe, Longsword, Mace, and Hammer)
- 24 circular demand chips
- 68 hexagonal Reward tiles
- (16 Dwarf tiles, 16 Elf tiles, 16 Hobgoblin tiles, 16 Orc tiles)
- (1 Desert tile, 1 Forest tile, 1 Mountain tile, 1 Village tile)
- 28 Kingdom Cards
- 56 Craft Cards (36 for Spring/Summer, 20 for Autumn/Winter)
- 4 grey rectangular Bonus Craft cards
- 64 cubes (16 each of red, purple, yellow, and green)
- 96 Cardboard Dragon Coins
We will be hosting another Kickstarter campaign for METAL versions of the coins for this game, watch for it shortly after this campaign.
NOW INCLUDED: 3 Player board printed on the back of the main game board.
NOW INCLUDED: The 2 player board.
Download the draft copy of the rules: HERE
Game play tutorial video:
(Video review coming soon)
A mini review of the Battle Merchants @ Game & Curry: "This is an amazing game." - http://www.gameandacurry.com/2013/07/thank-you-gill-hova-for-battle-merchants.html
Another short review from Fruitless Pursuits:
2 EXCLUSIVE CARDS: Two special Kingdom Card will be shipped with the game. It will only be available from here, BoardGameGeek.com's store front and at conventions.
Simply modify your pledge to include extra $ to cover the items you would like. Your exact choices will be made after the campaign ends. No extra shipping is required.
* KICKSTARTER EXCLUSIVE: We will make a marker for the person who ends the season to control. This helps remember who triggered the end to start the next round of play. It will only be available here and at conventions.
A COLLECTORS SET (1 of each of the 8 coins) of the metal coins will be included in with your game reward for free!
... to be revealed later.
All reward levels include shipping. So pledge on the right level please :)
The Designer: Gil Hova is a regular at prototype events & conventions - last year I met him at Protospiel.org in Ann Arbor when he showed me this game. It was originally themed as Robots, but everyone seemed to want to attack with the robots. I liked the re-theme better and it fit Minion Games. We're proud to have him on board at Minion Games. You can find a designers blog here:
Minion Games has created several board and card games in the last 3 years, being a small publisher (owned by 1 person and run by 3 part time staff) we find the cash flow tight - yet we have some more great games we wish to publish! So we come to all you Gamers for assistance in publishing one more!
Printing a game is a huge investment ($20-$30k usually) and if we do not know how many to print up front that can be a disaster that sinks the company. So we make use of Kickstarter to help raise the funds needed and to gauge the desire for a product.
You can also find many of our other games in PnP there. http://www.wargamevault.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=413&src=Kickstarter
Please help us spread the word of our project on Facebook and Twitter. http://www.facebook.com/miniongames Your copy of the game will arrive at your home before any are on sale at retail stores or conventions! Be the first on your block to show this game off.
Risks and challenges
We have delivered all of our games and rewards for our previous 9 projects.
Minion Games is experienced when it comes to running and more importantly, fulfilling the rewards of a Kickstarter Campaign. We have retained the same high quality manufacturer and distributor throughout all of our projects so the risks and challenges are at a bare minimum. You can pledge with confidence that you will receive a high quality product at a reasonable price all while making independent, small business a reality.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (35 days)