TerraScapes: Caves & Grottos
TerraScapes is a nonlinear modular 3D realistic terrain system for both tabletop roleplaying and wargaming!
In what we hope is our first set of TerraScapes, we present to you a natural Caves & Grottos core set. With the full range of 10 nonlinear modular tiles, you can quickly create ultra-realistic cavern scenarios for any of your spelunking endeavors! If you've ever found yourself in a cave, you know how under represented they are in the games that we love to play. There is nothing linear about spelunking and caverns aren't flat! Caves are twisted sections of open air encased by cool moist rocky walls.
TerraScapes: Caves and Grottos strives to simulate these realities for optimal immersion. To maximize the possibilities every tile is double sided! This means you get twice the tiles for half the material costs! Each tile is designed kind of like a table where instead of legs, you have stalactites and large rocks. When they are stacked up, this gives your layout real depth and introduces a whole new dimension for increased strategical encounters. Whether it's for your big boss battle, wargame or random encounter, everything you'll need for an endless tactical cavern layout comes with our core set of Caves & Grottos!
This video shows how to build an endless array of immersion caverns for your tabletop!
What's in the Core Set? The Core Set of TerraScapes: Caves and Grottos will contain 9, premium double-sided durable resin 3D tiles and includes 1 exclusive Kickstarter Campaign tile. This is everything you'll need to bring to life any dynamic cavern scenario that you can dream up! We have split and organized the Core Set into 3 subsets of 3 tiles each. You can purchase any of these Packs or the Exclusive Kickstarter Campaign Tile as Add-ons during this campaign!
Why pledge? How about because these are super schweet man... I've got a lot, and I mean A LOT of stretch goals in mind. Most importantly there is a wisdom in crowds. I can't wait to hear your Ideas for this Project too! This platform for releasing a product is successful because of the Backers who contribute to its development. I really want to develop this Project with you. I'm certain that together, we can make TerraScapes a game night treat!
"So What makes TerraScapes so special?"
- Quick Setup: These tiles are not like their linear cousins. Placing down just 1 tile covers the same area as 4 to 8 terrain pieces from other 3d terrain makers. You can create an awesome, natural looking layout in under a minute! You can literally throw them down and get right back to the game. There is a near infinite amount of possibilities.
- Modular Variety: Any part of any side of any tile can be placed next to or on top of any other tile. Be creative! They are also double sided! I guess that gives them twice the infinite variety then! HA!
- Realism: No other 3D terrain can match TerraScapes ability to create the most realistic looking Caves & Grottos. If you have ever ventured outside, you know that the natural world is not linear. This is the beauty inherent in a nonlinear terrain system! It's non uniform but structured design simulates a natural cave effortlessly. I can honestly say, even I didn't think they were going to work as well as they do. I'm floored every time I design another completely different layout than the one before.
- Scale Compatibility: The tile designs have been optimized for 15mm, 25mm, 28mm and even 32mm miniatures!
- Terrain Compatibility: Already own a fine cavern set or terrain set? Great! These tiles will enhance ANY other terrain set whether 2D or 3D that you may have already invested in! There is no guarantee that TerraScapes will be compatible with any 4D or higher dimensional terrain.
- Game Compatibility: Whether fantasy, sci-fi, western or modern, you may find yourself spelunking and adventuring your way through the deep!
- For Enthusiasts AND Hobbyists: We are offering 2 finished options for your set of TerraScapes only during the Kickstarter! The unpainted set is fresh from the mould to your hobby desk. They are ready for prep, primer and paint and of course any other accoutrements. The painted set comes prepped, primed, professionally painted and sealed by TerraScape's own design studio, MGStudio! i.e. My monkeys and Me!
- Durability: Made with 100% Dorkenite (a.k.a very sturdy and hard resin). I have thoroughly tested the material by throwing my first prototype into my hardwood table in a fit of nerd rage! Not a stalagmite was injured during this test!
- 100% American Made! This wonderful product is being produced by gamers just like you. It gives us great pleasure to contribute to your games and enhance the stories being told around your tabletop! I am both proud and honored to announce that Effin Cool Minis will be producing TerraScapes. I am also happy to announce that their studio is less than a 2 hour drive from mine! Moving from production to fulfillment won't involve any overseas partners, boats, shipping containers, or customs.
- Scale Modelling made easy! The caverns that you'll discover with Caves & Grottos practically build themselves. Some of the most interesting caverns I've seen made with TerraScapes were constructed by my 10 year old son.
- Packaging! TerraScapes Tiles will be shipped to you in roll-end-tuck-front packaging with charcoal foam sheets. Each package will be designed to store your TerraScapes while you aren't delving into the deep, or murdering your Player Characters with exotic cave fauna!
All Domestic and International shipping rates apply! I will be using a 3rd party Pledge Manager to account for all shipping charges! Here is a rough estimate for what to expect when shipping a Complete Core set.
USA $20, Australia $68, Brazil $61, Canada $53, China $69, Japan $64, Mexico $55, Russia $68, UK $69, EU $58
Sample Layouts Video
Don't forget to check us out on Kicktraq!
Risks and challenges
While projects like this can and I assume will attract the very naughtiest of Gremlins, I am quite confident that each issue can be dealt with accordingly. This project will not have to wait on overseas partners, shipping containers and customs, or any other major logistics issues as it is 100% American made. The casting studio, Effin Cool Miniatures is less than a 2 hour drive from my studio. This will ease the transition from production to fulfillment. My studio will also be professionally painting all these lovely tiles! I will be mobilizing a small contingent of painting monkeys to see each tile is painted to my studio's high standards. Furthermore, any unlocked tiles or packs that have yet to be finished will be finished, as I am the one who sculpts them. I do not have to wait or rely on commission work to see this project through to fulfillment and beyond!
Finally, this is my first Kickstarter Campaign and Project. This may be the biggest hurdle to overcome. However I can tell you that I am very much excited to see my studio's first big distribution on your tabletop! It is more than enough motivation to get the job done.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (28 days)