The Science of Mindfulness
We're often asked to explain the actual science behind the Lotus, and how meditation has been proven to provide benefits to the brain.
We wanted to start by creating an infographic to help illustrate the basics:
We've also updated our Campaign and FAQ with various journal articles and links to online resources with specific, related references to our work:
- Long-term meditators self-induce high-amplitude gamma synchrony during mental practice
- Meditation states and traits: EEG, ERP, and neuroimaging studies
- Short-term meditation induces changes in brain resting EEG theta networks
- Signal Processing and Machine Learning of EEG and Respiration Changes During Mindfulness Meditation State
- The Impact of Long-Term Meditation on Attentional Engagement
Meditation experience is associated with differences in default mode network activity and connectivity
As always we invite your questions and feedback!