About this project
Welcome to Research.
From the creative team that brought you the award-winning short film Sudden Death! comes Research. - a comedy web series.
*please visit http://www.researchseries.com for more information
Everything you wanted to know about anything ever.
Research. is a hilarious comedy web series that we'll be shooting at the beginning of 2012.
Dave has been hired by a certifiable genius to run his new research and testing facility. He must navigate a maze of eccentric colleagues to run a successful (or even functional) lab. Hilarity ensues (doesn't it always? Think along the lines of Arrested Development or Party Down.) Eight (8) episodes are written for this season at approximately 5 min. a piece to be released every other week. We also have seven (7) thirty second to one minute bumpers for the in between weeks. That’s two solid months of free original content!
LOGLINE: Hired at the behest of an imaginary golden puma by a certifiable "genius," Dave must navigate a maze of eccentric colleagues to run a successful (or even functional) research and testing facility.
What are you doing with my money??
A lot! We are committed to stretching every dollar as far as it will go. (We are bargain basement heroes!) That being said, we are also committed to making Research. look and feel like a million bucks.
Here's what we'll use your money towards:
- Locations and Props/Set Dressing. A research and testing facility probably won't let us just walk in their doors. We will have to rent a location and design & decorate the rooms to fit out needs.
- Equipment. Camera needs, lights, dollies and track - it all adds up.
- Costumes. Lab coats, hospital gowns... and maybe a few other surprises, will all have to be rented for the duration of our shooting schedule.
- Crew. Although some of us will be working without a pay check, we would like to pay those who we can and reimburse them for what they purchase to put into the project. (tape, clothes pins, etc. - yes, we really need them!)
- Food. A fed crew is a happy crew. Our days are long and a hot meal goes a long way.
How does Kickstarter even work?
It's pretty simple:
- We set a goal.
- We set a deadline (Monday, November 14!)
- You pledge whatever you can to help us reach that goal. Bigger pledges get bigger rewards from us. (like tee shirts, Christmas ornaments and secret links – you can even get a character named after you!)
- If we reach (or hopefully far exceed) our goal by the deadline, your credit card is charged, we get our funding, and you get the cool reward you chose.
- If we don't reach our goal by the deadline, your credit card is NOT charged, and you do NOT get the cool rewards.
- Shipping is included in the cost of rewards (except for international shipping).
- It's okay to exceed our goal (we’ll be able to use real puppies on set rather then Doug’s stuffed Zeke!) but it's NOT okay to make even a penny less than our goal.
- In short, we have to make our goal by the deadline, or we don't get our funding, and you don't get your rewards.
You always get something for your money...even if you pledge as little as one dollar. Check out the fun, unique, and meaningful rewards on the right hand side of your screen. Pick something you like (may we suggest a package that includes a one-of-a-kind Research. ornament? Or the special edition DVD of Sudden Death! with tons of extras? Starting at $50) because your pledges will help us redefine the level of comedy and quality for web series so we can create an outstanding product.
Why should you support this web series?
We'd never ask you to support something we wouldn't put our own necks on the line for. Just as with Sudden Death! we are stretching our time, resources and money as far as they can possibly take us and will continue to do so to make a great web series. Research. will be a web series of superior writing, directing, production and of course, comedy. (that is what we do isn’t it?)
We believe in this project!
Research. has been in development for nearly 9 months. We’ve gone through numerous drafts and brought on the very best cast and crew. We know that Research. is going to be fun, funny, unique and entertaining (and hilarious of course). We’ll be bringing you a new product in a way you’ve never seen it before with the quality and commitment with which we created Sudden Death! Come on, would Doug Jones steer you wrong?
So join us! And let’s create something wonderful together.
And check out what we're all about on our website – http://www.researchseries.com
We're here for you. If you have questions, comments, great research or Research. ideas let us know! Contact us at: email@example.com
Support this project
- (37 days)