- Annilyn Schill Spjut
- Anthony Holden
Brittany Long Olsen
- Cam Kendell
- Lance Fry
- Laura Spjut
- Tim Odland
- Trevor Downs
- Joshua Abegglen~
- Mike Laughead~
+ Annie Poon, Jakob Spjut, Josh Talbot, Normandie Luscher, Brad Teare, Norman Shurtliff and Sarah Perkins created prints for sale as well as comics for the book.
~Darren Rawlings created the 'Served' logo, created a print for sale as well as his comic. Mike Laughead will create the cover and book layout and is selling original art from his comic in the book. Bethany Stancliffe will create a commissioned illustration for the Kickstarter as well as creating her comic. Mike Grover created the Kickstarter video as well as creating his comic. Joshua Abegglen created the animation ads for the Kickstarter as well as creating his comic.
*Jake Parker created a print for sale with the kickstarter but did not create a comic contained in the anthology.
This book has been edited by Theric Jepson (editor of the Sunstone comics issue, Monsters & Mormons, and a presenter on Mormon comics at San Diego Comic-Con International)
- Printing: $7,150: This covers getting the books printed and shipped to Mike. (48%)
- Fees and art prints: $3,040: This covers Backer Kit, Kickstarter, ISBN fees and the Printing of Art Prints. (20%)
- Shipping: $4,810: This covers packing up the books and shipping charges. Orders will be packed in bubble wrap sleeves then put into heavy duty cardboard cases. (32%)
- Total: $15,000
Artist Payments: Although listed here as a “stretch goal,” we want all the participants to receive
payment for their work and so the money we receive beyond our initial goal will go to the artists
(some of whom have opted to donate their share, as per our next point.)
- Charity Donation: Money which exists after we have paid the costs listed above and which cannot be cleanly distributed to our participating artists will be donated (along with that money already set for donation by some participants) to help fund a scholarship that supports young LDS artists. (More information about this scholarship fund will appear in a forthcoming update.)
Successful Kickstarters from our Contributors
Several of our contributors have run their own Kickstarters successfully.
- SkyHeart Book I: The Star Seed by Jake Parker (2,181 backers pledged $101,883)
Doodle Quest by Anthony Holden (1,343 backers pledged $51,534)
Mortimer B. Radley: and the Missing Monkey Skull by Cam Kendell (353 backers pledged $8,537)
Super Siblings the Graphic Novel by Patrick Scullin (33 backers pledged $6,325)
Risks and challenges
This is my first Kickstarter so that comes with many challenges. Luckily, the majority of the comics are finished and several of our contributors who have run their own successful Kickstarters in the past are supporting me with advice and technical knowledge.
I have experience laying out books to be printed and have done small print runs of my own sketchbook, a children's book and some comics. With the funding from this Kickstarter, I can get the books printed and shipped to you in October.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)