About this project
"Have some stuff you need kept safe — and we mean really, really safe? "
"The large slot on the top cap means you can connect s-biners, carabiners, monkey fists and a whole host of other things to the three part cache. Which brings us to one of the best aspects of the container–the fact that it’s three parts. The top and bottom are both removable, and that means those two crucial Advils you need after a night out won’t end up stuck in the bottom of the case."
"...the cache features a loop or lanyard slot, dual removable ends for easy cleaning or for pushing through jammed items, and a design that would fit right in the latest Bond flick."
The Sentinel is a "first in market" design with its dual removable ends. This allows for easy cleaning and the ability to "push through" lodged items.
With functionality in mind, the Sentinel differentiates itself from the market with ergonomic fluted grip areas and a wide slot to accept rings, clips and lanyards.
- Made from grade 2 titanium, strong as steel at half the weight.
- Water tight o-ring seal design.
- Three piece design allows access from either end. Lodged items can be easily "pushed" through.
- Fluted ergonomic grip areas.
- Large ring slot can host a wide range of rings, clips, and lanyards.
- Corrosion resistant.
- Vitamin / Supplement / Pill Fob / Zipper Pull
- Survival kit
- Presentation case
- Battery case
- Spare Key Safe
- Pen Case
- Media Safe
- Cash / Precious Metals Safe
The Sentinel is available in 3 diameters and 8 variations.
- S4S Outside 0.5" x 2.75", Internal 0.37" x 1"
- S4L Outside 0.5" x 4.75", Internal 0.37" x 3"
- S6S Outside 0.75" x 3.63", Internal 0.62" x 1"
- S6M Outside 0.75" x 5.63", Internal 0.62" x 3"
- S6L Outside 0.75" x 8.63", Internal 0.62" x 6"
- S8S Outside 1.0" x 4.75", Internal 0.87" x 1.38"
- S8M Outside 1.0" x 6.38", Internal 0.87" x 3"
- S8L Outside 1.0" x 10.63", Internal 0.87" x 7.25"
We've selected 3 diameters to offer in varying lengths in hopes of gaining the critical mass for a manufacturing run. We have access to a full production CNC machine facility right here on Oahu and are looking to secure funding for machine rental and material.
Risks and challenges
I have a background in manufacturing, machining and experience running production jobs. Having done the actual work of manufacturing, I know the kinds of problems that arise in the shop and how to deal with them quickly and efficiently.
If this project funds and in order to fulfill we will need to:
1. Source Material -- Titanium sourcing may be one of our biggest hurdles because of the large Titanium consumption by the airline industry. Fortunately we have secured 3 vendors to meet demand. We've experienced great communication with these vendors.
2. Machine the parts -- Lowest risk of the process, the machine shop we use has lots of capable machines and I run them myself personally. By doing so, we can insure high quality and the parts are finished in a timely manner. Having access to multiple machines helps because to reduce the machine time, speeding up fulfillment.
3. Finishing -- We have multiple finishing tumblers that can accommodate the ceramic tumbling needed for the Sentinels. The PVD coated versions are performed by a reputable company that we have have been using recently with our last pen project. They have always offered good communication, fast turnaround and a great product. They did the pictured prototypes and their team has reviewed our project, offered quoting. We have contingency coating companies in case something changes.
4. Fulfillment -- We do our fulfillment in house to offer direct communication with our backers. Our experience on our last projects have helped us develop fulfillment systems we can depend on.
The success of this project depends heavily on getting the word out. Every blog or social networking post counts, so please share. Thanks for your support.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (34 days)