Communi-Tuesday V: THE FINAL COUNTDOWN (dee-doo-doo-dooo!)
To all our becker backers, supports, fans, and friends:
You. Are. UNDEFEATABLE!
You have turned these final few hours of our Kickstarter campaign into this just incredible, insane, runaway bullet-train (it rhymes, even!), out-of-control in the best way possible, powered on pure joy and hope, with vision and purpose spilling over the sides, and everyone cheering as it roars past!
Each time we turn around, we’re smashing through another stretch goal (PS4 & XBOX VERSIONS GET!! VITA & 3DS VERSIONS GET!! ;D NEW STRETCH GOALS, DETAILS BELOW!), zooming past another milestone (100,000 comments plus! 3rd most-funded Kickstarter video game in history!), or -- and this has always been the case from the very start of our campaign -- running smack-dab into more amazing fan art, songs, videos, and you-name-its!
(Above) Natsume-san at Inti Creates was so moved by the huge reaction to our community vote that he worked up this final call to vote for Call in his own free time! The vote is open to everyone, but there’s only a few hours left to participate, so hurry and get in if you haven’t already!
So yes, we know last week was supposed to be our final Communi-Tuesday, and yes, we are busy tallying your opinions for our Call design community vote / prepping for our final livestream where we’ll announce the results (taking place in the last few hours of our campaign, 3 - 6pm PDT, today, right here! Check here for the time in your local time zone), but just the same, we wanted to whip up this extra final-final Communi-Tuesday.
And we wanted to start it with a special tribute from all of us (courtesy of the wiz-kids at 2 Player Productions, along with a special new arrangement from our main theme composer Matsumae-san) -- to all of you, our AMAZING becker backer community, thanking you for your support:
So yes, from all of us here at 8-4, 2 Player Productions, DDM, FanGamer, Humble Bundle, Comcept, Inti Creates, Matsumae-san and Tateishi-san and the entire Mighty No. 9 team, we wanted to say again, right here up at the front of our final campaign update:
It has been a true honor to see and meet and talk with so many of you over the last 31 days -- and it’s a good thing, too, because we’re about to spend the next 18 months of development together! :D
And in that communal spirit, let’s dive into more amazing works from our dedicated and talented community!
(above) Some of our wonderful Beckers show their Mighty Number pride with a #MightySalute. Want to share yours with us? Just send a pic of yourself with that hashtag to our official Twitter account at @MightyNo9!
FAN ART SHOW
(above) LEGO No. 9 (aka Brick Beck), by Bruce Lowell
(above) Beck-tion Figure, by Alexandre Coelho
(above) Fight!, by, yup, Shoutaro-Saito
(above) Mighty No. 9 Pi-Xel Art, by hfbn2
(above) The Bot with No Name, by Emortal982
A fantastic 3D render of Beck by Flávio Mendonça Jr.
Stage music idea, by ArtilleryOwl
Mighty No. 9 Theme guitar tutorial, by PaoloCastilloMusic
Mighty No. 9 (A New Breed Robot Origin) Hip Hop Beat, by Stylez-T
Beck Speed Drawing, by KrisCampbell499
Our final new stretch goals, ever! (...Well, maybe! :)
- $3,800,000: OPTIONAL RETRO-STYLE CHIPTUNE SOUNDTRACK + FX! You’ve seen the names of the legendary musicians attached to this project: Manami Matsumae, Takeshi Tateishi, Ippo Yamada... It’s a veritable who’s who of veteran game composers. So we thought, why not tap into that retro vibe and cook up an optional chiptune version of the entire Mighty No. 9 game soundtrack, including classic sound effects? That’s right – we’ll remix the entire soundtrack, retro 8-bit-style, and the game’s sound effects, for you to listen to in-game as you play, as an option you can toggle on or off in the settings menu!
- $4,000,000: ONLINE BATTLE RACE MODE!! The ultimate online competition! You and a friend compete online, racing to the end of slightly customized versions of single-player stages. You can see your rival as a "ghost" image in your game, but you can't affect each other...save for the enemies you defeat being sent over to impede your opponent’s progress! It's an all new twist on versus mode play that will give Mighty No. 9 life well beyond the single-player campaign!
- Expect a message or email with your Mighty No. and password for our community forums in the next few weeks (community forums will be hosted at MightyNo9.com, and are expected to go up in late October or early November of this year).
- Re: the USB "cart" add-ons: these are currently planned as 2GB in size to fit the game. However, we won't be manufacturing these until the game is released in 2015, so if it's cost effective to do so, we'll increase the size.
- For the physical disc add-on version of the game: The disc will be a DVD, and, we can announce, will ship in a full, proper, standard DVD case!
Aaand that’s it for this week, and this whole campaign! Thank you for all you’ve done and continue to do for us and for Mighty No. 9 in these final closing hours of our Kickstarter. Hope to see you over at the livestream as we end it all, then on Twitter, Facebook, and our official community site at MightyNo9.com once it opens!
And just remember, even as this is an end, it is also just the beginning -- we (all of you and us, together) have a lot of work to do before 2015! We’ll see you soon to get started! :D