Communi-Tuesday III: Community Strikes Back!
Welcome back, Beckers, to another Communi-Tuesday -- our weekly update dedicated to you, our backers, fans, and friends, and all the great work you’re doing in support of our Mighty No. 9 Kickstarter campaign!
Speaking of which -- you did it! Our console stretch goal is smashed, and now we can say that Mighty No. 9 will come not only to PC, Mac, and Linux systems, but also PS3, Xbox 360, and Wii U! Congratulations and thank you to each and every one of you who made this possible (and thanks for helping spread the word on this via Twitter and Facebook and such to our new console audience)!
And as if all that generosity wasn’t enough, we continue to be completely blown away by the amount and quality of amazing, amazing fan art, videos, songs and other support of all kinds coming out of our community! Just take a look at this:
I mean, seriously?! Come on you guys, this stuff is incredible! And that’s just the tip of the iceberg -- check out the sample below of the works that continue to impress and inspire us on a daily basis!
(above) Don't forget: We’re still accepting #MightySalute s to our official Twitter account at @MightyNo9 -- just send a pic of yourself with that hashtag and you might see your mug up here along with your fellow Beckers next week!
FAN ART SHOW
(above) Beck patch, by Jonny
And last, but certainly not least...
- We’ve been happy to see so much ongoing chatter about the upcoming vote on the design for Call, Beck’s female counterpart! After listening to community feedback and going over the idea with the commenters on our Kickstarter page, we’ve decided to make all the initial designs of Call line art -- so no coloring for now -- to remove factors like outfit appearance and hair color, etc. for the initial vote, so everyone can focus purely on which design they think is best!
- Speaking of the Call vote: Our artists are already hard at work on their designs for our community-favorite heroine! The plan is to have several for all of you to choose from, right near the end of our Kickstarter campaign, as part of our update for Friday, September 27th. (This way we can also maximize the amount of backers we can include in the vote!) Then we’ll announce the results as part of our livestream in the final hours of our Kickstarter, on the afternoon of Tuesday, October 1st! The top three designs will all go on to the next round, where they will be colored and tweaked for another vote to take place on our (then newly-opened) community forums at the end of October / early November.
(above) Call Escapes Mighty No. 5, also by the amazing snakepixel
- We’ve been looking into solutions for how to allow people to buy multiple versions of Mighty No. 9 with a single pledge -- however, enabling it at all the different reward tiers within the workings of Kickstarter is looking complicated and difficult (not so much for us, but for our backers); we have asked other Kickstarters how they handled and gotten some good advice, but have not yet been able to find a perfect solution. We are continuing to look into this and update you should this change.
- Finally, we wanted to take a moment to give special thanks to all of you who have emailed us with your questions and comments. Even if we haven’t had the chance to respond to you personally, we are reading each and every email that comes our way, and are taking your feedback to heart. In fact, many of the changes and updates that we have made so far (new stretch goals, updated FAQs, etc.) have been a direct result of your emails -- so thank you!
And with that, we conclude another Communi-Tuesday! Let us know what you think -- or better yet, let the original artists know what you think by clicking through their links and commenting on their pages!
We’ll end, as we always do, with an inspiring piece from the community itself:
(above) MN9 Posters, by M.S. Corley
A GIANT Mighty Salute to you all (｀_´)ゞ,
- @markmacd (Mighty No. 84) and the Mighty No. 9 Team
MIGHTY NO. 9 COMMUNITY SPOTLIGHT!
We’ve all heard of Shantae, right? WayForward’s series has established a stellar reputation for top-notch 2D action/platforming, stretching all the way back to the Game Boy Color.
But did you know our favorite half-genie hero has a potential new game on Kickstarter for just about every platform under the sun? Their campaign is off to an awesome start, but who couldn’t use a Mighty Boost from our Mighty Beckers?! We’ve seen it before: your pledges, tweets, blogs, and facebook posts made the difference with Edo Superstar -- let’s see if we can’t do it again here!
And actually, we share more than just a sensibility for awesome 2D action games with our friends at WayForward -- one of our artists at Inti Creates, Makoto Yabe (aka KOU), is contributing some key illustrations and background art to this new Shantae as well! (He made the sweet high-five image you see below, too!)
Check it out and let them know what you think! Thanks, everyone! (｀_´)ゞ