Darklands is a world of war and brutality without end, the world of darkness we inherited - and one that you can help bring to life! Read more
This project was successfully funded on February 15, 2013.
WIPpy Time with Druc, Aalvór and Belech!
It's Friday, and that means Update Day!
We have work in progress images of three miniatures this week, including the first WIPs of a new one - Belech!
Belech, Scion of Baalor
Roberto Chaudon just doesn't stop producing the goods - Belech, the first true Fomoraic to be made and a son of Baalor himself, is underway and he is looking AWESOME already. Thanks must go to Danny Cruz too, of course, for nailing down that Fomoraic look!
As you can see from the steel ruler and the comparison with Galhwch Lladd Llaw, Belech's a big 'un - probably about the size of Malacant, although without wings of course.
Druc is taking shape now, Stéphane is getting the head horns looking right and it shouldn't be long before we see some full detail on that armature!
We expect Druc to be finished by January.
Aalvór, Mallax Tain
Benoît Cosse's been on holiday for a couple of weeks but now he's back and Aalvór is almost ready. Now furred up, there's a few details to sort and then he should be ready!
We expect Aalvór to be finished by the end of the month.
Darklands: a World of War Fulfilment
The Khthones Starter Sets are now well underway with the first of them going out last Friday - with today's shipment we're about a third of the way through so we expect to have all of them sent by early December.
Of other recently completed sculpts, the Limited Edition Penda with Wolf Helm, Chaagmuth on hoof, Brynhild Gunnblindi and Gamla Bror are now being shipped, and we've just received Angrislaug, Vaak and Pétroyos. Of those, Pétroyos' first casts will be made early next week with Angrislaug and Vaak following, but please understand that we are prioritising orders with Khthones starter sets - so if the above miniatures are all you've left with us, please be patient!
Once those sets are shipped - and we reckon that should be by December the 9th - we'll begin shipping remaining items from your orders, except for the QuickStarter Rulebook which won't be printed until January we think. We'll combine any of your Wave 0 orders for First Edition items with these shipments where possible, of course.
In terms of other sculpt progress, here's an update:
- Allan Carrasco: Qaano will be sculpted later in the year.
- Benoît Cosse: Aalvór is almost done and then he's doing Maallolvór and the Werwulfas.
- Roberto Chaudon: Belech is underway!
- James van Schaik: Kernuor on Karnun-Beast isn't yet finished unfortunately, although James is a little busy with his own Kickstarter project. We hope to have him by the end of next week.
- Stéphane NGuyen: Druc is under way!
- Stéphane Simon: He will begin work on Leofwen on Great Hart (as well as Leofwen on foot from Kickstarter II) very shortly.
Code Changes and Price Rises
Whilst not strictly related to this Kickstarter project, it's worth giving you a heads up on a few things ahead.
For various reasons we've decided to alter the product codes of some of our miniatures. This is a relatively minor issue and won't impact on any private customers, but if you're a retailer please take note!
- ABN-FTU-1101 - Drast the Hunched - changed to ABN-FTU-1131
- ABN-FTU-3202 - Dungann - changed to ABN-FTU-1231
- ANG-BRN-1501 - Beowa (human form) - changed to ANG-SSD-1101
- ANG-BRN-1502 - Beowa (bear form) - changed to ANG-SSD-1102
- ANG-MRC-0002 - Meloda - changed to ANG-MRC-0011
- FMR-BLR-0101 - Kraan on bear - changed to FMR-BLR-0102
- FMR-BLR-0102 - Kraan on foot - changed to FMR-BLR-0101
- FMR-BLR-0301 - Chaagmuth on boar - changed to FMR-BLR-0302
- KTH-GOR-0002 - Sthena - changed to KTH-GOR-0051
These code changes have been put into effect already, so please update your files if necessary.
It's a sad fact of life, but sometimes price rises do have to occur so that we can afford to bring you such high quality miniatures time after time. The cost of materials is always rising, as is the cost of living, and we do hope you understand that we do not increase the cost of our miniatures lightly. We agonise over it, to be honest! Even so, not all of our miniatures are increasing in price - prices are mostly rising on human-sized miniatures and very large monsters - and you'll have until December the 1st, 2013 before the prices actually rise! So you've a little time to get what you want at the old price.
This does, of course, mean that the discount you're getting from the "Darklands: First Edition Existing Miniatures" category (if you backed our second project) is even better than you all first realised...
Before we give you a big list of what's increasing, please note that prices are rising in two ways. The first way, of course, is that the recommended retail prices - RRPs - are increasing for certain miniatures. The second price change is that the discount for ordering our miniatures directly from ourselves - 10% off the UK RRP, which we gave because we do not supply the packaging with miniatures ordered on our website - is reducing to 5% off (so whilst it's a reduction, it's also an increase. Maths is great). Both of these changes will be effective from the 1st of December, so again, you've a little time to get what you want at the old discount.
So let's give you a list of the miniatures whose prices are increasing...
- ABN-FTU-1131 - Drast the Hunched - £10.99 to £12.99
- ANG-SSD-1101 - Beowa (human form) - £10.99 to £12.99
- BRY-GWY-1131 - Hywel Hir - £10.99 to £12.99
- BRY-GWY-8701 - Gynroch ap Roch - £59.99 to £69.99
- FMR-BLR-0101 - Kraan on foot - £10.99 to £12.99
- FMR-BLR-0102 - Kraan on bear - £29.99 to £34.99
- FMR-BLR-0302 - Chaagmuth on boar - £29.99 to £34.99
- FMR-BLR-1131 - Tundaar - £12.99 to £14.99
- FMR-BLR-1161 - Maagaan - £10.99 to £12.99
- FMR-BLR-1301 - Brunchaath - £10.99 to £12.99
- FMR-BLR-1331 - Daachuch - £10.99 to £12.99
- FMR-BLR-1361 - Aanchuth - £10.99 to £12.99
- FMR-BLR-7351 - Báintaac - £14.99 to £19.99
- INF-DIS-0101 - Krull - £109.99 to £129.99
- KTH-GOR-0001 - Ophios - £34.99 to £39.99
- NOR-SFG-1101 - Eirik Longaxe - £10.99 to £12.99
- NOR-SFG-8701 - Mjagnir - £59.99 to £69.99
- VRS-TCW-0101 - Blunt-Claw - £10.99 to £12.99
- VRS-TCW-8802 - Flint-Fang - £49.99 to £59.99
- YSN-KYS-0101 - Carrowek on foot - £12.99 to £14.99
- YSN-KYS-1131 - Mawdred - £12.99 to £14.99
- YSN-KYS-1562 - Ulric - £10.99 to £12.99
- YSN-KYS-3502 - Lugung - £16.99 to £19.99
- YSN-KYS-3502 - Uggurd - £16.99 to £19.99
- YSN-KYS-3502 - Muldo - £16.99 to £19.99
- YSN-KYS-3502 - Nung - £16.99 to £19.99
- YSN-KYS-8901 - The Terror of Fortriu - £89.99 to £99.99
- BLG-BNL-0010 - Nagausith - £10.99 to £12.99
Note also that the prices of these miniatures' components will also increase in line with the above.
That's it until next Friday of course!