"Katie Guinn has given women an image of themselves, without apology... Stoner Babes is phenomenal. Enter with abandon." —Lidia Yuknavitch
We are proud to present the dreamy, luminous, cannabis-inspired, feminist new adult coloring book: Katie Guinn's The Stoner Babes Coloring Book. In its pages, over 60 gorgeous humans are ornately depicted in Guinn's beautiful, revealing style.
Each page depicts a beautiful woman or gender nonconforming babe savoring the effects of the cannabis plant.
The art is single-sided and perforated. On the back of each portrait, you can read about what empowerment means to each of them.
The word "stoner" gets a bad rap. But these portraits of accomplished weed lovers show that marijuana can instead be a creative muse, a quiet focus, powerful medicine, and a means of self-empowerment.
In the words of Genesy, the cover babe, "Empowerment means being celebrated and supported on your journey to becoming your highest self."
Our campaign theme song is "High Road" by We Ain't They (also featured in the video)!
About the Artist
Katie Guinn is a Portland-born artist, designer, writer, and mother who spent her adolescence in the beautiful Columbia River Gorge. Katie's inspired by her home in the Pacific Northwest, literature, music, art history, and the beautiful radiance of the empowered female being. Katie is a flower gardener, caretaker of fairies, moss, and rocks collector. She sometimes likes to partake in the transcendental qualities of cannabis when she makes art and appreciates its healing qualities. The Stoner Babes is Katie's first publication. She is the head of neighborhood watch on her block in Portland, OR, where she lives with her husband and daughter.
About the Publisher
Microcosm Publishing is a diversified, independent publishing house and distributor in Portland, Oregon. Since 1996, our books and zines emphasize self-empowerment and skill-building, by showing hidden histories, fostering creativity, and equipping readers to make positive changes in their lives and in the world around them. In a world that is swinging to the right, we are carving out a place at the center with nonfiction offerings about DIY skills, punk music, bicycling, food, gender, self-care, and social justice.
About the Rewards
The book itself! The Stoner Babes Coloring Book has 128 single-sided, perforated pages full of colorable transcendence. It officially comes out in Fall, 2018, but we're printing it early in time for 4/20.
Feminist Weed Farmer is Madrone Stewart's guide to the zen of cultivating your own medicine. We're publishing it at the same time as Stoner Babes and couldn't be prouder of this duo of feminist cannabis books.
Leaflet is a mini-log for keeping track of the cannabis strains you've tried, how you consumed them, and how they made you feel. A pocket-sized zine that makes a great tool for anyone trying to find your perfect match. Add a copy of Leaflet to any reward level by adding $8 ($10 outside of the US). (Created by Dan Cole, husband of Microcosm publicity manager Cyn!)
Three Rad Coloring Books
Mental Health Superpack
Do coloring and cannabis both help you cope with anxiety and other bugbears? Combine them with some potent mental health books and soothe your troubles from all sides!
- Stoner Babes
- Unf*ck Your Brain is our bestselling book about how to get your sh*t together so you can live your best life
- This is Your Brain on Anxiety is a deep dive into the history, meaning, and coping with that difficult state
- Maps to the Other Side is a sweeping adventure story about living, thriving, and community organizing with and around bipolar disorder
- Stoner Babes
- The Post-Structuralist Vulva Coloring Book
- The Beard Coloring Book
- The Classic Bicycle Coloring Book is great for kids and adults
- The Henry & Glenn Adult Activity & Coloring Book allows you to interact with the romance of two lovable, tough guys that strongly resemble Messieurs Rollins and Danzig
- Stoner Babes
- The Post-Structuralist Vulva Coloring Book deconstructs all your ideas about gender and bodies
- The Beard Coloring Book pays homage to the beauty and weirdness of all kinds of facial hair
- Mama Tried: Classic Italian Cooking for the Screwed, Crude, Vegan, & Tattooed translates classic italian cooking into veganism with gorgeous flash art
- Distance Makes the Heart Grow Sick is C. Road's feminist art
- Manspressions: Decoding Men's Behavior humorously names inappropriate behavior
- The Velocipede Races is a novel about a bicycle racing teen
- Bikes in Space collects feminist bicycle science fiction stories
- Xtra Tuf contains scenes from the life of a commercial fisherwoman off the coast of Alaska during a strike
- Aftermath of Forever tells all about a young woman's post-divorce dating spree and finding herself amidst the wreckage
Risques et défis
It's within the realm of possibility that our patriarchal federal government will make cannabis *and* empowered femininity entirely illegal. In which case, books like these will be even more meaningful and poignant.
Thank you! Never stop believing.En savoir plus sur la notion de responsabilité sur Kickstarter
Période de financement
- (28 jours)