You have no money, no employees, little information, a personal specialty, and 9 years to become a business mogul. GET TO WORK!
Ground Floor is a medium-to-heavy worker placement board game in which 2-6 players control companies and build them into amazing enterprises. It plays in 90-120 minutes. Effectively use your time, money and information, and you might just be the next business mega-mogul with that high-rise corner office! Check it out now:
- The Rules (10.6 MB - 23 Pages)
- The Rulebook and "Print and Play" files (59.4 MB - Prototype which is easy on printing)
- Video of a walkthrough with the "Print and Play" files
Click the buttons to the right to get your pledge copy!
We’ve been developing Ground Floor since October 2008 in order to get it right and make sure there’s tons of variety and replay value. We can’t wait for it to join the TMG library alongside games such as Belfort, Homesteaders and Eminent Domain.
Everything from the economic forecasts to the time management to the growing pains paralleled my path building Tasty Minstrel Games (TMG) into what it is now. Ground Floor definitely had strong theme, authenticity and memorable mechanics, but it needed work. So, developer/designer extraordinaire Seth Jaffee and David got to work.
First, they streamlined the gameplay while preserving the interesting and enjoyable core of the game. Then, they widened the pool of new floors, which share some of the functions that gamers told us they loved in Homesteaders and Belfort. From there, they re-imagined game elements and developed new ideas to strengthen the design and tie it in even closer to the entrepreneurial theme.
Seth and David trimmed, slashed, reconfigured, retested and rebalanced to keep what worked and jettison what didn’t … until we reach a final product that you’re going to flip for!
Now, we’re poised to move into the Kickstarter and production phases of the project.
During play, you will:
- Convert your employees’ time into info, money and results.
- Adapt to changing economic conditions and brace for what’s ahead.
- Produce, promote and sell your goods in the marketplace.
- Build your company brand through marketing campaigns.
- Challenge other players’ enterprises for success and prestige.
- Grow your business and build your skyscraper!
We want to deliver on all the awesomeness, so please tell your friends, retweet our tweets from @tastyminstrel and spread the word on Facebook and BoardGameGeek! The more people we get involved and pledging, the more likely you will get all of these fun bonus rewards:
- @ $20,000 - 2 additional specialty tiles (on top of the base 6) to provide more variety in potential starting positions. They are called "Social Media" and "Inheritance".
- @ $25,000 - 2 additional economic forecast cards, "Windfall" and "Great Depression". This will allow you to add more variety to how the economy lays out throughout a game of Ground Floor.
- @ $30,000 - Additional tenant improvement called "Niche Market" - This makes it so you do not reduce the price of your products when you fail to sell them.
- @ $35,000 - 5 economic scenario cards for guidance on how to setup the economic forecast deck.
- @ $40,000 - Skyline achievement floor. 1 PP (VP) for every floor in your building.
- @ $45,000 - A 6 card event deck to provide further variability inside of your copy of Ground Floor
- @ $50,000 - A Kickstarter exclusive box, to help identify your copy as one that came from early support through Kickstarter. This will feature an additional "Kickstarter Blob" and David's digital signature.
- @ $60,000 - The "Architect's Office" expansion area, which is an additional place to send your employees will be unlocked. This is content that has been pulled from a potential future expansion to Ground Floor for Kickstarter.
- @ $75,000 - A final production copy of the new and yet to be released Skyline. Also, by David Short, Skyline includes 60 custom dice and quick game play.
Check out this rules explanation video from David Short:
We want TMG to consistently stand for high-quality games with strong theme—where you always experience mechanics, artwork, iconography and components that support and enhance that theme.
To ensure we can make the best possible games with the highest possible production values, we use Kickstarter. Because Kickstarter allows us to keep our production capital, we also have the funds to get behind projects that we otherwise might not be able to. For example, if we paid for Ground Floor up front, we would not be able to import Village.
We are so grateful for your support.
Yes, you will! Kickstarter and Retailer Preview Night copies will be released at least 1 month before any further release. This includes any conventions.
If you are a retailer or know a retailer interested in participating in preview nights, then learn more about preview nights. Or call Game Salute at 1-800-459-5516.
Pledge now to create a great game and get all the incredible overfunding rewards!
You can back Ground Floor with any dollar amount without choosing a reward. For example, you can pledge $1 and become a backer that way you are able to see the "Backer Only" updates and get email notifications about when updates are made.