Thank You Rewards (Stretch/Overfunding)
Reward #1 (@$25,000 total support) - All supporters pledging at least $15, will get additional tile pieces in blue and green to expand the base game to a maximum of 4 players. They will get one set of these pieces for each copy of the game they are getting.
Reward #2 (@$30,000 total support) - All supporters pledging at least $15, will get a travel bag. They will get one bag for each copy of the game they are getting.
Will you bring together a Zombie, Pirate, Ninja, Alien, and Monkey FOR THE WIN?
This story starts with a man named Michael. A man with a great love for simple abstract games. A man that wants to see abstract games be fun and have incredible themes. This describes Michael Eskue when he designed For The Win and also described Michael Mindes before playing For The Win.
For The Win is a tile laying game. The tiles will be made out of compressed urea plastic with painted debossed icons for the characters. This is a highly durable and tactile material.
For The Win is an abstract game at heart, with a solid theme of internet memes applied. Players control a host of characters, playing them to the board and using their powers in order to arrange a group of all 5 types. Each character has thematic abilities in this easy to learn and fast playing game:
- The Zombie turns other characters into zombies.
- The Pirate shoots people out of cannons, moving them wherever you want.
- The Ninja through the power of stealth can disappear and reappear wherever desired.
- The Alien utilizes its tractor beam to pull people next to it.
- The Monkey messes everything up and toggles all of her neighbors.
Be the first person to get one of each adjacent to each other, FOR THE WIN!
"For The Win!" has been an anticipated release from Tasty Minstrel Games for quite awhile now. The game has been 100% complete and under contract since July 16th of 2010.
With your help, it will soon become a reality!
Playing The Game
On a player's turn, they make take one or two actions, which are:
- Add a tile, cannot be adjacent to your own
- Move a tile 1 space (face up only)
- Shove tiles 1 space (face up only)
- Use an ability (flip tile face down afterwards)
- Flip a tile face up
Once one player has taken 5 actions they cannot go until the other player has taken 5 and ends the round. With first player switching in between rounds, you might get as many as 4 unanswered actions in a row.
Why For The Win Is Awesome
There are lots of reasons that For The Win is awesome, I will just list some of the highlights:
- A quick 2-player game for those times you arrive late to game night.
- For The Win is in a compact box and travels well.
- For The Win is an abstract strategy game with a real and integrated theme.
- What games do you get to play with zombies, pirates, ninjas, aliens, and monkeys?
- For The Win is easy to learn and difficult to master.
- For The Win is priced for a great value.
- For The Win is a great game to play at lunch time.
Pledge Now, Play Now!
For those that pledge now, Print and Play files are available. You will be able to get the files from a backer only up-date. Play it with your friends and enjoy!
Given The Excitement And Recent Successes, Why Kickstarter?
Tasty Minstrel Games has enjoyed success recently, with the sales of Eminent Domain, Belfort, and Martian Dice. While this success is fantastic, it is only sufficient for us to continue to support those projects.
Combined with not investing more personal money into Tasty Minstrel Games, we need to raise money for new game projects like For The Win! Even with a smaller game like this or Martian Dice, it is surprising how quickly the costs for plastic moulds, safety testing, manufacturing, artwork, shipping, and so forth add up.
On the right, you'll see that we have several different ways you can support our game. With any of those options you will help make our dreams become a reality... Thank you very much for your support!
Retailer Support Levels
These support levels provide resellers like retailers a fantastic deal. You will get immediate shipping along with the other Kickstarter copies along with the fantastic discount.
Get 12 or 24 copies of For The Win. It works out to be $8.33 per copy of the game! With the MSRP being $25, that is a 66.7% discount from full price.
Since commenting is available only to backers of a project, please feel free to email me questions at: firstname.lastname@example.org or better yet ask me on Twitter @tastyminstrel.
- (24 days)