MSRP for Dungeon Roll will be $19.95. As a backer in the USA, not only do you get a great game and all of this stuff, but you also save $5.
So, you want to know what comes in that awesome game box that is shaped like a treasure chest? If you back Dungeon Roll, you will get (this list include stretch goals and everything you get in a Kickstarted box as long as I remember to update it!):
- $5 savings from MSRP
- 7 Dungeon Dice - Custom Molded Dice
- 7 Party Dice - Custom Molded Dice
- 8 Base Set Hero Characters - Commander, Paladin, Battlemage, Necromancer, Dragon Slayer, Half-Goblin, Enchantress and Bard.
- 8 Expansion Pack #1 Heroes - Alchemist, Scout, Leprechaun, Treasure Hunter, Elf Tracker, Sorceress, Dwarf Berserker and Undead Viking (Included at no extra cost)
- KICKSTARTER EXCLUSIVE -- +1 Party Die
- KICKSTARTER EXCLUSIVE HERO -- Guild Leader
- KICKSTARTER EXCLUSIVE -- +2 Dungeon Dice
- KICKSTARTER EXCLUSIVE -- Dragon's Lair card (does not affect gameplay)
- KICKSTARTER EXCLUSIVE -- Graveyard card (does not affect gameplay)
- KICKSTARTER EXCLUSIVE MIMIC BOX
- 4 Player Aid Cards
- 36 Treasure Tokens
- 24 Experience Tokens
- 1 10-sided die - For tracking the current dungeon level
- 1 Rulebook
- 1 Book of Heroes (Information about the heroes and rules clarifications pertaining to those heroes)
YES! - All copies obtained through Kickstarter will have ALL stretch rewards that are unlocked. Including additional copies and the international combo packs.
A Note on Kickstarter Exclusives - These can become available on future Kickstarter projects related to Dungeon Roll (like a Dungeon Roll expansion for example)
Dungeon Roll is a light and quick press-your-luck dice game with many important and interesting decisions.
In Dungeon Roll, you will:
- Be a Hero with special and unique abilities.
- Roll your party made of clerics, fighters, mages, thieves, champions, and scrolls.
- Destroy the monsters, drink potions, collect treasures, and slay dragons found in the dungeon.
Dungeon Roll has:
- More choice and strategy than a typical push your luck dice game, without losing all of the satisfying highs of a great dice game.
- Outstanding art and visuals.
- Custom molded plastic dice in 2 types, dungeon dice and party dice.
- An incredible box to loot treasures from.
- Fantastic price point -- $15, save $5 from MSRP.
In the words of Dungeon Roll's designer, Chris Darden:
"Dungeon Roll began as a simple dice game. Where one pool of dice faced off against the other in an epic battle of... numbers, yawn. Elements of fantasy called to me, and the concept of Dungeon Roll was born."
"The party dice became Fighters, Mages, Clerics and Thieves. And on the other side: Potions, Treasure Chests, Goblins, other nasty creatures, and of course.. Dragons. They would face off in an epic battle of heroes seeking fortune and glory!"
Yes, these dice are compression molded, the paint will not be on the same surface as the die. I have heard these referred to as, "etched", "carved", "embossed", "debossed", and so forth. These dice are made to last, unless you melt them at high heats.
In Dungeon Roll, you become a hero and roll up your companions. With your party assembled, you start on the first level of the dungeon by rolling three Dungeon Dice. You have decisions to make, enemies to vanquish, and more glory to seek.
Without breaking a sweat you stride down to the second level, and then the third, and that's where things really begin to pick up. By using your companions, reviving party members with potions, and using your Hero's ultimate power, you might get deep enough to accumulate a Dragon's horde of treasure...
Just watch out for that Dragon.
This Kickstarter project is all about making Dungeon Roll as awesome as possible! We want to give you as much stuff as possible, so please share early and often:
PROTOTYPE RULEBOOK - This rulebook does not have the final artwork or layout. This is actively being worked on while this Kickstarter project is live.
For more information about how heroes work, see UPDATE #5 - Heroes Explained.
Developing Dungeon Roll has been a joy. It has grown to become one of the most exciting games for TMG to ever release. It feels magical, mystical, even mythic. Throughout development, the game got awesomer and more components were added.
The creative work and manufacturing cost for at least 10,000 copies of Dungeon Roll will require about $36,500. I have already committed TMG to spend about $8,300 on artwork, molds for custom dice, and other setup costs. That still leaves TMG to pay for more artwork (additional heroes), manufacturing, ocean freight, and delivery to Kickstarter backers. These are HUGE items, especially the delivery to backers which will cost about $6.25 per copy in the USA. This Kickstarter project will determine just how awesome Dungeon Roll will be.
For more details on the finances behind this project, see UPDATE #7 - Behind The Curtain: Finances of Dungeon Roll
To overstuff the treasure chest box with everything we want and keep a price of $15 requires printing tens of thousands of copies! To fully fund the cost of a printing of 10,000 copies would require a funding level of $75,000. This would allow us to keep the $15 price point for the non-Kickstarter retail world.
With that said, we are comfortable making and delivering Dungeon Roll if we only raise $15,000. It just won't be at the grand scale that we are currently imagining!
This is why we are on Kickstarter.
Below are some important updates to the project which you might be interested in if you are seeing this for the first time:
- Update #23 - More preliminary artwork & decisions...
- Update #22 - Mimic Box Art Unleashed
- Update #20 - FREE BONUS - Treasures Explained (& Artwork) - Respect The Streak
- Update #19 - Mimic Unlocked - Stretch Goal Finances - 23 hour referrer analytics
- Update #14 - BACKERS ONLY - Print and play files available, if you want to get these, you can pledge for as little as $1.
- Update #7 - Behind The Curtain: Finances Of Dungeon Roll
- Update #5 - Heroes Explained...
- Update #4 - BACKERS ONLY - Supporter Avatars - Use these for your Kickstarter, social media, or forum avatars to show you are a backer!
Thanks to your support, I can live my dream of publishing wonderful games, connecting people, and strengthening families. For that I am eternally grateful. To date, I have been able to publish over a dozen games, including 2 previous dice games.
I hope you will find Dungeon Roll as compelling as I do.
I hope that you will back Dungeon Roll by clicking the large green "Back This Project" button at the top of the page.
I hope that you will allow me to continue living my dream of publishing great board games.
Founder & Chief Game Servant
Tasty Minstrel Games
If you have any questions, then check out the FAQ below. If it isn't answered, then feel free to contact @tastyminstrel on Twitter, send a message on Kickstarter or email email@example.com.
- Music - Kevin McLeod
Risks and challenges
There are numerous risks associated with the process of delivering published games. We have published over a dozen games, including 2 previous dice games, and are familiar with the process.
A delay in delivering Dungeon Roll is likely to come from one of 3 main sources, artwork, manufacturing quality control, and freight logistics. We have taken steps to ensure that delivery will be on time, but that cannot always happen on time.
We see a wider release at GenCon as critical to the short-term and long-term sales success of Dungeon Roll. We will not sell Dungeon Roll at GenCon if Kickstarter backers have not been shipped their copies. It is therefore critically important to us that Dungeon Roll arrives on time!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (21 days)