More Preliminary Artwork & Decisions...
First, I will start with the decisions that have been made definitively:
- Dungeon Roll will be fully supported by TMG with hero booster packs, future expansions, and so forth.
- All of you backers are fantastic people.
- The base game will have at least 8 heroes, but will probably only have those 8 heroes.
- Dungeon Roll will be 100% supported for the distribution and retail channels to the extent that we can control. This will likely include introductory deals which include demo copies and so forth.
- Allow for significant online support for the community surrounding Dungeon Roll.
- and more.
Now, onto the decisions to be made, which are numerous for me at this point. Some of which include:
- Exactly how and what extent to have support for the Dungeon Roll community online. Do we go so far to encourage user-generated game content? What is the best method for this support (forum? blog? other?)?
- What should the final retail price be? I want to target $14.95 and this is why I started the Kickstarter project in the first place, but the marketplace shows that games with less stuff can reliably sell many copies at $14.95, like Martian Dice and Zombie Dice. I have somebody that I trust greatly who is saying that I should price Dungeon Roll at $19.95. I will likely make this decision today, and report back tomorrow.
- How often should TMG look at releasing additional game content for Dungeon Roll? Should we look at having booster packs of heroes multiple times a year and other expansions once or twice?
- What should I do in these final days of the Kickstarter project to get things ramped up from this amazing start that we have already had?
I have some calls with great minds about how to go about answering these questions, and I should be able to provide those answers in the days to come.
Now, For Lots Of Artwork
Ryan worked heavily through the weekend and we have several sketches which will be used for starting points to create the final artwork.
These are preliminary sketches, and we will handle the finalization internally. We already have several modification that are planned, but I wanted you to be able to see these.
We are also still right on our very tight schedule and fully expect to be delivering Dungeon Roll by August.
In order, we have:
- Scout (modified from old dragon slayer, he will be losing the beard and stache)
- Dragon Slayer (the old dragon slayer has been modified to be the scout)
- Guild Leader (KICKSTARTER EXCLUSIVE)