About this project
I love games, so I started publishing board games in March of 2009.
Recently, I noticed that I don't play the old standards like spades and hearts. I played tons of these games in high school.
I wondered at the cause of the drop off...
Old, boring, ugly cards. That had to be it, or at least a portion
Shortly after that, a friend approached me to make beautiful custom playing card decks. Duh! The light bulb brightened, I guess it wasn't burnt out, just unscrewed.
That fell through, but I realized I had all of the skills and experience to make this happen, and to do it right. And with their permission, here we are...
So I started looking for an artist and created a new company...
A company by a geek, for geeks, and of geekiness. Dedicated to making beautiful custom decks of playing cards that appeal to our inner geek. Functional decks of cards that delight visually and are of the highest quality.
Maybe we can help revive these great card games in your life.
We are delighted to bring to you our debut deck, "Deck of Amazing Adventurers".
Printing a custom deck of Bicycle® brand playing cards with the United States Playing Card Company is an expensive proposition, but it wouldn't be right to put this beautiful deck on anything other than the best in the world.
The good news is that as we get more than $10,000, we can provide more to you. That is what "Stretch Goals" are all about.
- @$10,000 - The deck funds, and will be delivered to you promptly upon completion.
- @$15,000 - Custom deck sealing stickers for the decks instead of the USPCC standard sealing sticker.
- @$20,000 - Custom dealer button design created. Rob will create the design, and we will make it available on this project for you to get your own made if you desire.
- @$30,000 - Poker chip design created. Rob will create the design, and we will make it available on this project for you to get your own made if you desire.
- @$40,000 - Poker Optimization - Those of you who play poker know that having 2 decks with different color backs is ideal, and with this stretch goal, we'll give you that. USPCC counts there as separate decks for pricing and minimums, so we cannot afford to do this until funding goes over $40,000. For clarification, every 2 decks will have alternating color deck backs.
- @$60,000 - Additional custom card back instead of just having a different colored back. Artist Rob Lundy will make this extra fancy. Rob estimates that creating such a back will take a full day of work.
- @$90,000 - Additional custom card back instead of just having a different colored back. Artist Rob Lundy will make this extra fancy. So, every group of 2 decks will have 2 unique and awesome extra fancy backs. Rob estimates that creating such a back will take a full day of work.
We want nothing but the best for our decks of cards. That is why we make fully custom suit symbols along with the beautiful and functional artwork of the court cards.
In this tradition, we would also settle for nothing but the best in manufacturing, and that is why we are working with US Playing Card Company which owns and manufactures Bicycle® brand playing cards.
Thanks to Kickstarter, you can make this happen.
Everybody loves magic and illusion. It is definitely something that I wish I continued working on as a child. As it is, I can amaze my young children (quite young), but my skills are lacking.
I look forward to seeing better magicians do some amazing things with the color inverted 10 of Spades and the alternate colored deck back. FYI, the standard backs will be red and blue.
The cards are Bicycle® brand playing cards printing by the United States Playing Card Company with the magic finish. Just the way you like your cards.
To Support This Project And Get Your Own Decks
Please click on the green button "Back This Project" button, and choose a reward.
Bicycle, Bicycle and design, and Bicycle logo are trademarks of The United States Playing Card Company.
Risks and challenges
As the artwork for our deck has been 100% completed before the launching of the Kickstarter project, our remaining risks and challenges are low.
After funding, we will submit our files to the US Playing Card Company which owns and manufactures Bicycle® branded playing cards. We have no control over their schedule, but printing should begin within 4 weeks of the art files being approved.
After that, it is just the challenge of packaging up thousands of decks of cards to be delivered around the world.
Thank you for your trust on delivering a fantastic product.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (28 days)