THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR MAKING CHIMERA STATION HAPPEN!!!
Designed by Mark Major, Chimera Station brings a new twist to the Worker Placement genre: customizable workers. Developer Seth Jaffee has been working closely with Mark for over two years to perfect Chimera Station's mechanics.
Comfortable with the rules, we placed the game in the capable hands of graphic designer Daniel Solis (Bell of the Ball, Kodama the Tree Spirit) and illustrator Brian Patterson (d20Monkey webcomic), who have given Chimera Station its fun and engaging feel.
Want a sneak peak of a review before reading more?
Snap in, folks... this is one game you're going to want to get your tentacles on!
In the Deluxified Chimera Station you will receive:
Here is a close up look at the Metal Coins for the Deluxe edition:
It's like the genetic components are hugging the numbers...ever so slightly.
THE RETAIL VERSION:
The Retail version of Chimera Station (MSRP $60, only $45 here on KS) WILL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- The Game including the Mini's
- The B Sides Stretch Goal
- The Social Share Cards
The Retail Version DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- The Metal Coins
- The Wooden Upgraded Components.
- The Maintenance Crew Stretch Goal when unlocked.
Chimera Station is a game for 2-4 Players, playing in 60-90 minutes.
We have just Five Rounds to build this Space Station, which would be nigh impossible if we were using just regular alien workers. Thankfully we have extra tools at our disposal: brains, tentacles, claws, and leaves.
Each round is made up of three phases:
- A Placement phase, where we assign workers to various tasks or prep them for splicing,
- Followed by a Splicing Phase, where prepped workers are upgraded with new genetic components and then sent to fulfill one of the leftover tasks available.
- Finally we reward our workers with sustenance in the Feeding Phase.
So how is splicing going to make the work easier? For that I'll turn it over to an expert splicer...
Seems simple enough, right? With each worker limited to two genetic components it won't get TOO complicated... that's only like, 1 + 4 + ... um... well it's a lot of options, but I'm sure you'll be fine.
If you want to read the manual (does anybody do that anymore?), you can find it here.
If reading the manual isn't your thing and you just want someone to tell you how to play, we've got you covered:
Now I bet you wish you'd just read the manual! Don't worry, building a space station is easy, and so is altering species DNA to your advantage. Instead of a cake walk, it will be a space walk...Haha... Ha... ha. Sorry, it's lonely out here in space :(
If you would like to play it now, you can! On Tabletopia:
We've had the opportunity to get a PNP copy into a few folks hands, check out what they think of the game below.
Man Vs Meeple
Rahdo Runs Through : Final Thoughts
Bowers Game Corner
"Normally I would say if you like worker placement games [this game's for you] but I just feel like this game transcends that label."
Ideally we could just have everyone send us their GPS locations and we could rocket them to your front door directly from a space station, but that's not exactly possible yet. Instead we have a handful of shipping partners around the world that will allow us to send your games in a friendly way.
All Deluxe copies of Chimera Station will be pre-packaged at the factory with a layer of bubble wrap and an additional box for protection during shipping.
Shipping will then take place as follows:
- USA - CHIMERA STATION will be shipped to our fulfillment partner, and then promptly sent out to you as a Backer.
- CANADA - CHIMERA STATION will be shipped in bulk to Snakes & Lattes, and then shipped to you from them inside of Canada.
- EUROPE - CHIMERA STATION will be shipped in bulk to a fulfillment partner (with VAT paid upon import) and then shipped to you as a Backer from inside the EU.
- AUSTRALIA - CHIMERA STATION will be shipped in bulk to our shipping partner in Australia, and then shipped on to you.
- BRAZIL - CHIMERA STATION shipping will be handled by our "tandem" publishing partner Kronos. Kronos will import all of the games, get Portuguese materials added, and then ship the games to you.
- ASIA (CHINESE SPEAKING) - CHIMERA STATION shipping will be handled by our "tandem" publishing partner Mr. Dexker. Mr. Dexker will get Chinese language materials added, and then ship the games to you from Hong Kong.
If you do not live in any of these areas your games will be fulfilled from the United States, please back, with any import laws and fees your country may have in place, in mind.
Chimera Station has been in development at Tasty Minstrel Games for over two years. One of the ongoing questions has been, "How can we make these workers amazing?" Seth Jaffee had some grandiose ideas for custom, interlocking plastic pieces, and when we saw them we fell in love. The thing is, these pieces require a set up cost that is far in excess of anything TMG has done before.
Kickstarter allows Chimera Station to become a reality, and allows us to Deluxify the game for those that are helping us bring it to life.
While we don't use kickstarter for every game we publish, we still are a growing company with limited resources and this community is vital. TMG exists because of the fabulous support we've received on our previous projects. We aim to delight you with Chimera Station!!!
Thank you for your support!
Risks and challenges
Tasty Minstrel Games (TMG) has delivered numerous games throughout the world. Some that were funded on Kickstarter and some that were not. As an established small games company, the real question is making sure we manage potential sources of delay and communicating clear expectations throughout the campaign and after the funding ends.
TMG is now a growing team of 10 individuals that are managing all aspects of the business which has helped to mitigate all of the various risks and challenges.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (24 days)