TraqCloud - GPS Tracker, App & Cloud Service starting at $29
TraqCloud - GPS Tracker, App & Cloud Service starting at $29
Monitor your teenage driver in real time for speeding, delivery personnel whereabouts, kid location, elderly, pets, parcels & luggage.
Monitor your teenage driver in real time for speeding, delivery personnel whereabouts, kid location, elderly, pets, parcels & luggage. Read more
About this project
What is it?
What are the goals of the project?
1. TraqCloud (TM) can track anything.
2. A cost that anyone can afford.
3. TraqCloud (TM) uses any Smartphone, Tablet or PC.
4. A cloud based service that monitors your TraqClouds. For example, it can send you an alert via sms text or email that one of your TraqClouds has crossed a geo-fence boundary, a driver is speeding, or your kid is not where he is supposed to be at a specific time of day.
5. TraqCloud (TM) is so simple that no instructions are required (but provided via our quick start guide)... and yes we won't leave you in the dark, instructions are included for advanced users and we'll have a developer API once we get funded.
More press coverage listed at the bottom of the page....
How easy is it to use?
TraqCloud (TM) is the simplest device out there. You just turn it on, register the device via our TraqCloud.com website, then attach it to something, after that just watch, review, and analyze on your PC's Web Browser, Tablet or SmartPhone. No software to install.
How much does TraqCloud (TM) cost?
Your pledged amount that's it. Some rewards are shipped with an activated sim card with service based on your pledge level which can be extended at $5 / month. Another option is to select a reward with the TraqCloud (TM) by itself and use your own Mini-SIM card. In the case of using your own SIM, you would only have to pay $3 / month for the cloud server access.
For more information, see FAQ is at the very bottom
TraqCloud (TM) can track these items in real-time:
How long does battery last?
The battery will last 1 day with continuous use at the fastest 10 second acquisition rate.
Slowing the acquisition down to once per day the battery can last up to 2 weeks The default rate is once per minute.
A larger external battery can be used to extend the time period as needed or plugging into a 12V car outlet will allow the unit to continuously recharge.
Actual Demonstration of Using TraqCloud (TM)
Bonus Uncut Demonstration Video
Benefits & Features
Is it legal? Yes...
See article below from the Privacy Rights Clearinghouse:
"employers may use GPS devices to track employees in employer-owned vehicles. Some courts have extended this to employee-owned vehicles as well."
Estimated Production Fulfillment Plan
We are running ahead of schedule! We have had fully working units for 3 months now. Our last major steps are to order the production pcbs and injection molded cases.
- Secure GSM Wireless Network Agreements - Done
- Finalize case design - Done
- Finish Cloud Infrastructure - Done
- Develop UI Interface for Tracking - Done
- Finalize firmware - Done
- Start Kickstarter Campain - Done
- Produce 1st 100 cases from silicon molds - 50%
- Develop UI Interface for Managing TraqClouds - 75%
- Trip to China to Verify Production Qualifications and Secure Independent Inspector for Quality
- Verify case design and prepare for injection molding
- Order 1st 100 production pcbs
- Initial Production of Injection Molded Cases
- Verify operation of 1st 100 production pcbs
- Send out Surveys
- Place final order for PCBs & Cases to Meet Pledges
- Assembly of PCBs into Cases
- Setup Shipping Logistics
- Final Testing
- Begin Shipping Backer Rewards
One of Our Early Breadboards
Early PCB Design
Early Circuit Block Diagram
Initial GSM / GPS Testing
Testing platform using Arduino, SIM900 GSM and EM406 SiRF III GPS.
Makerbot 3D Printed Cases
Final Working Prototype
The PCB is only 1.5" x 2" and weighs just 27g.
Who we are / Experience
We are just two very motivated and eager dads, who have come up with what we think is a genius idea! Our goal is our families, and raise money for our children's college, take care of our wives (who do an amazing job taking care of us) and provide a future that our families can be proud of. Ideally we'd love to turn this into a real company, where we can provide jobs, security and safety to everyone who desires that sense of security. Meet Michael Hamilton (Tech Genius) & Matthew Moalem (Sales, Marketing & Business Development).
I have been building custom electronic circuits for 27 years and have won 3 contests so far for my work.
2nd Place Renesas RL78 Green Energy Design Contest - Cloud Electrofusion Machine - Renesas - August 2012
In this contest an electrofusion machine for welding ½” to 2” polyethylene fittings was created for under $175. In comparison, the price of a commercial electrofusion machine is around $4,000. This machine uses approximately 400 times less energy than the conventional butt welding machine.
3rd Place Microchip 16-bit Embedded Control Design Contest - FFT Double Beam Infra-Red Spectrophotometer
A 1954 Perkin Elmer 337 spectrometer was utilized for its optical components to demonstrate the ability of Microchip’s High-Performance, 16-Bit Digital Signal Controllers. A DSPIC30F4012 microcontroller was used to control the spectrometer These low cost microcontrollers are very easy to use and have a wealth of resources and peripherals available. In this project the following resources and peripherals were used: DSP Processor (FFT), 10-bit A/D Converter, Quadrature Encoder Interface, Motor Control PWM module and UART module.
3rd Place - Renesas RX Design Contest - Cloud News Reader -Renesas - May 2011
The concept is a wireless headphone that plays the latest news headlines to you. This device is designed to be utilized in a hands-free manner, such as while you are exercising or someone that is blind.
Interview with Circuit Cellar about entrepreneurship and how I got started in electronics:
I've had the great fortune of working with some of the most innovative companies in the world. With quite a few of those either being acquired or have gone public. In that time, the technologies I enjoyed working with fell in a variety of spaces, like:* Instant Messaging (Persistent Group Chat)
* Email (Archiving, Compliance/Cloud/SaaS)
* Enterprise Social Networking (Yammer/SaaS/Cloud)
* Consumer Social Media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
* E-Discovery/Litigation Readiness.
My area of executive expertise really focuses on building, designing and executing on Global Sales, Marketing and Strategic Alliance programs. I connect the dots that drive revenue and influence. Some have referred to me as a "Revenue Mercenary" - though I see it as just building good business and trusted adviser relationships, that's mutually beneficial for all involved.
Over my 15+ years, I've been attached to or influenced over $2 Billion in revenue, acquisitions or venture capital raise via some very notable companies:
* Parlano - acquired by Microsoft (Now Lync)
* Avamar - acquired by EMC
* CommVault - IPO
* KVS Enterprise Vault - acquired by Symantec
* AppAssure - acquired by Dell
* Applied Discovery - Private Equity (Siris Capital)
* Yammer - Acquired by Microsoft
Countries / Languages
* The quad frequency gsm module will allow it to operate in any country. The included pre-activated sim will work in most major countries, but you are also free to use your own sim which guarantees it will work in the country you want.
* Languages from all backers will be supported via any Smartphone, Tablet or PC.
More Press Coverage
Risks and challenges
We hope that our backers understand that this project is a work in progress. While we have a solid product offering, in-progress global partnerships via some notable Mobile, Network and Manufacturing Providers, our ultimate goal is to provide a seamless non-risk & challenging place to secure cost effective GPS devices.
So far we've experienced very few bumps in the road to success. Moreover those we are actively engaged with have provided tremendous guidance, which helped us avoid any potential pitfalls that might have occurred early in this process.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
This is our #1 question and here is a partial list so far. This list will be updated as more countries are added. We have to negotiate each country so if yours is not listed, please send us a message and we will see if we can add it. This SIM card works in over 200+ countries, but each one has to be negotiated to fit within our budget. The network operators in these countries have agreed to work with us:
All of E.U countries
Yes, It is securely transmited to an Amazon cloud web server where the data is stored. See link for more details about Amazon Web Service Security: http://aws.amazon.com/security/
Each pledge level with a pre-activated sim card includes monthly service that includes both the cellular data service and the web service to interact with your TraqClouds. For example, if the pledge includes 12 months of service then you are getting 12 months of service valued at $5/month or $60 plus the TraqCloud and associated hardware.
You simply pick the reward level you want and then contribute enough to cover the extra units. For example, if you wanted 3 premium units, you would select the premium reward and pledge $69 * 3 = $207 plus $10 for shipping if international. Then at the end of the campain, we will send out a survey that will ask you exactly what you wanted for your pledge just to be sure.
No. After your initial service that came with your pledge expires, you then pay only for the months you want to use the service. No contract, no signup or cancellation fees. The minimum period is 1 month.
If you can imagine a deck of cards, It is less than half of that.
Support this project
- (54 days)