Many of you have asked, and we thought we should shed some light on our Data Privacy & Security. Our co-founder Matt Moalem comes from the background of working with such companies like Microsoft (Azure), Yammer (Enterprise Social), Parlano (now Microsoft Lync), etc..
Our goal is to follow global best practices for data integrity, data security, data privacy, and litigation export control. We’re not there yet!, the reason we have Kickstarter is to allow us to formalize our technology infrastructure to support those needs. In the near term, our plan is to utilize the inherent policies for data security, and privacy out of the box for Amazon Web Services (our cloud server). Our roadmap dictates that we take every available precaution for each and every one of our users.
Data is “not” free – there’s a cost for data, and the technology that supports it. Like with any SaaS solution in the marketplace we’ll follow some of the guidelines as laid out below, but will be subject to change as the technology, security, privacy landscape changes, we’ll continue to innovate with best practices to get those updates integrated in real-time:
Customer Data Protection
- We classify and treat all data as confidential, using inbound and outbound low-level logical firewalls to ensure that data cannot be leaked between TraqCloud Networks, Servers & Users. Sensitive production data is never migrated or used outside of the production network.
- TraqCloud is designed and built according to secure development best practices with regular security reviews incorporated throughout the design, prototyping, and deployment process.
Internal & Third-Party Testing
- Our goal once fully funded is to routinely run internal and external vulnerability scans and penetration tests, plus work with industry leading third-party firms for in-depth quarterly security reviews.
Data Center Security
- TraqCloud’s offsite SSAE16 SOC1 Amazon Data Center provides 24/7/365 video surveillance, biometric and pin-based locks, strict personnel access controls and detailed visitor logs.
- User data is backed up multiple times a day and protected with strong encryption on disk.
- We may use statistical data, analytics, trends and usage information derived from your use of the Services (“usage data”). Usage data includes, for example, aggregated quantitative information about active users, activity, topics, and groups. Some ways we use the usage data include operating, improving and personalizing the Services and our offerings, as well as other TraqCloud product upgrades and services. Except to provide reports to you or others in your organization, we do not disclose usage data in a way which is identifiable to you or users in your TraqCloud Network.
- Support Data is the information we collect when you submit a support request or run an automated troubleshooter, including information about hardware, software, and other details related to the support incident, such as: contact or authentication information, User GPS Data, information about the condition of the computer and the application when the fault occurred and during diagnostics, system and registry data about software installations and hardware configurations, and error-tracking files.
- Your TraqCloud Services’ data may be transferred to, stored and processed in the United States or any other country where Amazon or its affiliates, subsidiaries or service providers maintain facilities. Amazon abides by the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of data from the European Economic Area, and Switzerland. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view our certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/
Changes to TraqCloud Privacy Statement
- We will occasionally update this privacy statement to reflect customer feedback, changes in our TraqCloud Services, and updates to applicable data privacy laws and regulations. When we post changes to this statement, we will revise the “last updated” date at the top of the statement. If there are material changes to this statement or in how TraqCloud will use your information, we will notify you by either posting a notice of such changes before they take effect or by direct notification. We encourage you to periodically review this privacy statement to learn how TraqCloud is protecting your private information.
As you can see by the above, we are very serious about Data Privacy, Security, and Integrity. We’re getting there, and it’s part of our overall roadmap to not only provide you a low cost device, but piece of mind that when we launched our project on Kickstarter that we had this in mind. We also encourage feedback and guidance. We’re not perfect, and if and when our project becomes successful, fully funded, we plan on taking every step to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
Facebook // TraqCloud Moms // Twitter // LinkedIn