What this Kickstarter is helping me do:
So I am already working on this painting and it will be finished by the end of the month, so no matter what, the artwork will be made. I am interested in doing a large print run on the highest quality paper after the artwork is finished, and that's where the Kickstarter comes in.
I want to do a limited edition, 250 count, print run of 18x24" (same size as the original painting) .
What this painting means to me:
I started my art company, Aradani Studios, ten years ago. In 2002, I was laid off from my computer job and I decided to roll the dice on what I had always loved doing - art. I had enough in savings to start the company and enter our products in a local art show, but not enough to stock a full studio for painting. So to teach myself, I purchased a Wacom tablet and started painting digitally. The first painting that I finished was the Watcher.
This was not only a symbol of my love of fantasy, but also a great step into my future of painting.
Last fall, when I realized it had been a decade since I started painting, I decided I wanted to celebrate by repainting this first work. I could then see how far I had come in 10 years and judge where I need to go.
Backer Funding Goals and Add Ons
- Dragon Initiate Goal at $300 - Each person who has pledged $10 or more receives a bookmark of their choice printed on high quality card stock.
- Dragon Warrior Goal at $350 - Each person who has pledged $10 or more receives a set of 3 Creepy Holiday postcards featuring my art work as well as the Initiate Package.
- Dragon Knight Goal at $500 - Each person who has pledged $10 or more will receive a PDF copy of my 2012 Kickstarter Funded RPG Adventure, The Tomb of Kochun, as well as the Initiate and Warrior Package.
- Dragon Lord Goal at $1200 - Each person who has pledged $49 or less receives a 8x11 print of one of my other dragon prints, as well as all other backer awards from previous tiers. Each person who has pledged $50 or more, will receive (3) 9x11 prints of other dragons as well as all other backer awards from previous tiers.
- The Watcher Mouse Pad add +$9
- The Original Watcher 8x11 Print (signed) add +$10
- The Original Watcher 11x17 Print (signed and numbered) +$25
- The Dragon Skull - A Cast Resin Skull sculpted and painted by myself. It measures in at six inches. +$15
- The Art of Michael and Paul Bielaczyc - a 75 page full color book of the first 7 years of professional artwork of the Brothers Bielaczyc. +$20
- The Complete Dragon - The (New)Watcher Mousepad, The Original Watcher 11x17 print, and The Dragon Skull resin cast - Total value $49 for adding $42 to your pledge.
Where I am right now with the piece:
I have been working on the painting since October, but I had to take a break due to the Holidays and our Halloween Schedule (Aradani also makes costumes, so October is crazy busy for us).
I am now jumping back in head first and want to have the painting finished in time for the first art show of the season - Chattacon. Below is a few images to show you my steps so far.
The painting as of 1-16-13:
Why is the deadline in July if you are going to finish it this month?
I like to cover all my bases and make sure no one gets upset. If I put a deadline a little longer out than expected, then if the unexpected happens I have some leeway.
Thanks to everyone for taking the time to check out my project!
Michael Bielaczyc has been making art his whole life. He has been selling and showing work since 1995, when he self published his own comic book. Going back to college at 25, he decided that art was going to be his main focus in life. In 2001, he started an art company, Aradani Studios, with his brother Paul. Together they have shown and worked in shows across America selling both their artwork and costuming. While Michael has worked for such popular role-playing franchises as Dragonlance and Castlemourn, his real passion is for his personal work. He works in mediums from oil paint to latex prosthetics, video to graphite. You can see his work at www.michaelbielaczyc.com .
Monstrosities, Frog God Games. Interior Art. 2012The Tomb of Kochun, Lone Wanderer Entertainment. Cover and Interior Art. 2012 Book of Night. Interior Artist. 2011 Kobold Quarterly 14. Interior Art. 2010 Advanced Feats: The Summoner’s Circle. Cover Art.2010 Margaret Weis Productions: Cortex Players Handbook. Interior Artist.2008 Dragonlance: Dragons of Spring. Interior Artist. 2007 Dragonlance: Dragons of Winter. Interior Artist. 2007 Castlemourn: Players Handbook. Interior Artist. 2006 Apex Digest, Interior Artist. 2006 Aegri Somnia. Cover Artist. 2006 Sovereign Press: Rose of the Prophet. Interior Art. 2006 Dragonlance: Price of Courage. Interior Art. 2006 Dragonlance: Knightly Orders of Ansalon. Interior Art. 2006 Riddle of Steel RPG Handbook. Interior Art. 2002
Risks and challenges
I just have to get the painting finished to my satisfaction. I work really well with deadlines, so with Chattacon coming up, I should have no problem completing the artwork.
The prints will be no problem at all. A local Nashville printer can get these prints to me within a day of ordering them.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)