A Guide to Magic in Uteria
The book will also include the Tome of Magic, wherein we describe the various magic groups of Uteria, as well as the play mechanics for our mana-based magic variant.
In this magic system you can memorize your spell allotment for the day, then use mana to cast any assortment of spells from your memorized list.
Since training is difficult to find in Uteria, many magic users start out as a Wylder: an untrained mage with undisciplined abilities.
We also provide a list of all Pathfinder core spells that are compatible with Uteria, as well as Uteria-specific spells with descriptions.
This adventure provides a pre-built traveling circus with over a dozen completely fleshed out circus NPCs with back stories and stats that can be utilized by a GM in this or any other campaign, and can be reused as a recurring campaign setting, since the circus travels around from town to town.
- $2500 - Funded! Everyone who pledged $22 and up will receive a free Boggart mini with their book!
- UNLOCKED $2600 - A piece of short fiction by Dane Clark Collins will be included in the adventure.
- UNLOCKED $2750 - Everyone who pledged $32 or more receives a 9x22 World of Uteria Story Guide Screen as well as an ebook copy of the Crossroads of the Never, a World of Uteria Novella.
- UNLOCKED $3000 - Everyone who pledged $32 or more receives map tiles for the Southgate Inn, as well as all previous funding goals for this pledge level.
- UNLOCKED $3250 - Everyone who pledged $32 or more receives 6 extra map corridor connector tiles, as well as all previous funding goals for this pledge level. This allows you to reconfigure the dungeon tiles for completely custom dungeon layouts.
- UNLOCKED $3500 - Everyone who pledged $40 and over receives 10 mana tokens to help keep track of your mage's mana, as well as all previous funding goals for this pledge level.
- UNLOCKED $3750 - A deeper look at the different magic groups of Uteria. We will add 5 more pages detailing the Druids, the Mages of the Tower, the Necromancers, and others.
- UNLOCKED $3900 - Everyone who pledged $32 and over receives 12 Uteria Story Guide bookmarks, as well as all previous funding goals for this pledge level.
- UNLOCKED $4000 - Everyone who pledged $40 and over receives the props package - printed clues from the adventure, the Red Stone collectible, pages from the journal of Lord Resly, as well as all previous funding goals for this pledge level.
- UNLOCKED $4250 - Everyone who pledged $32 or more receives collectible cards for each premade character, as well as all previous funding goals for this pledge level.
- $4500 - The Archeon class is added to the book. The Archeons are the protectors of sanctioned mages, and witch hunters to others.
- $4750 - A 10 page short story by Michael Bielaczyc included in the printed book.
- $5000 - Everyone who pledged $40 or more receives 10 extra dungeon room tiles, matched with the color palette of the Dead Gulch caverns to expand your dungeon building, as well as all previous funding goals for this pledge level.
- $5500 - Everyone who pledged $40 or more receives a miniature Lakava- A unique Uteria monster mini. The Lakava is a creature featured in this adventure.
- $6000 - Barely Balanced minis!!! Everyone who pledged $22 or more receives a Barely Balanced Circus character mini. Everyone who pledged $65 or more will receive all three!
- $6500 - Everyone who pledged $65 or more receives a miniature Angroll - A unique Uteria monster mini.
Michael Bielaczyc has been working as a professional artist since 2001, in various media and subjects. He has been selling and showing work since 1995, when he self published a comic book written and illustrated by himself. Going back to college at 25, he decided that art was going to be his main focus in life. In 2001, he started his own art company, Aradani Studios, which is owned by both him and his brother. Together they have shown and worked in shows across America selling both their artwork and costuming. Michael has worked for such popular roleplaying franchises such as Dragonlance and Castlemourn, but his real passion is in his personal work. He works in mediums from oil paint to latex prosthetics, video to graphite. You can see much of his new work at www.aradani.com .
Shonn Everett has been a sci-fi and fantasy fan since childhood and began playing FRPGs around 1980 and has been writing campaigns and DM’ing for over 30 years. He wrote adventures and developed game materials, magic items, ships and monsters for TSR set in the Forgotten Realms, Dark Sun, Spelljammer, and Ravenloft settings and is published in DUNGEON magazine and Encyclopedia Magica as well. Shonn is a professional photographer and artist who studied watercolors under master watercolorist Laurie Whitehead, and oils under fantasy masters Larry Elmore, Boris Vallejo, and Julie Bell. By day, Shonn works at NASA in computer graphics, 3D modeling, animation, videography, and robotics. Shonn recently joined with Lone Wanderer Entertainment to help bring the World of Uteria to life.
Cameron Tomele has been interested in storytelling all of his life. In college Cameron formed his first entertainment company, Bardic Wind. This allowed him to make a job out of storytelling by writing and performing ridiculous comedy tales and romantic adventures. This sparked the performance fire that led him to create Barely Balanced, an acrobatic comedy show that has won multiple awards for comedy and creativity. In his sparse free time he is working on the second issue of the Barely Balanced books, a circus themed activity book and his first-full length novel.
- Melissa Gay - Melissa Gay is a Nashville illustrator whose painting style she likes to call "atmospheric realism." Her work includes book covers for Apex, Mythopoeic, and Immersion Press, the Angel Dreams Oracle deck for Hay House Publishing, and illustrations for roleplaying games such as The Dresden Files, Part-Time Gods, Mermaid Adventures, Fantasy HERO, Psi-Punk, Camp Myth, and more. melissagay.com
- A.L. Ashbaugh - A.L.Ashbaugh is an Atlanta based Freelance Fine Artist and Illustrator. Current clients include: Fantasy Flight Games, Palladium Books, Emerald City Expeditions, and Third Eye Games. http://www.alashbaugh.com/
- Michael Bielaczyc - Michael's work spans the fantastical to the strange. He has worked with many larger companies such as Dragonlance, Kobold Quarterly, Frog God Games as well as his own projects. http://michaelbielaczyc.com/blog/
- Paul Bielaczyc - Paul has worked with many of the same companies as his brother, Michael, and is also a Chesley Award winning artist. http://paulbielaczyc.com/
- Christopher Burdett - Christopher's career began in the special makeup effects industry. He has designed and created monsters for various television & film projects, including Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, and Firefly. Christopher's work in the table top gaming industry continues to specialize in monsters. He has worked on gaming projects included Dungeons & Dragons, Magic the Gathering, Star Wars, and many others, and his work is featured in book illustrations, trading cards, and miniatures. www.christopherburdett.com
- Sam Flegal - Sam Flegal is an oil painter who describes his work as “stylized realism,” portraying fantastical things in a graphic manner, but with an eye towards real life. Working as a fantasy illustrator, Sam has worked on projects such as Legend of the Five Rings, Warhammer Fantasy, Monster Hunter International, and of course The World of Uteria! http://samflegal.com/
- Dennis Skotak - Dennis Skotak’s interest in filmmaking goes back to his childhood,when he got his first camera at the age of eight. He and his brother Robert tried to re-create some of the effects they saw in science fiction films of the era, and they went on to win two Kodak national student film awards. Since then, Skotak has traveled widely, capturing his unique view of the world on film. He and Robert have created visual effects for films including “Escape from New York”, “Aliens”, “The Abyss”, for which he received an Academy Award for visual effects, "Tremors", “Terminator 2: Judgment Day”, “Batman Returns”, (which earned him an Academy Award nomination), “Titanic”, “Hard Rain”, “X-Men 2", Joe Dante's 3D film "The Hole", "Charlie Wilson's War" and "21 Jump Street". Skotak is married to writer D.C. Fontana.
- Robert Skotak - Robert is a Academy Award winning visual effects artist. He has worked on films such as Terminator 2, Aliens, and Tremors. Being the head of 4 Ward Productions, he works on the concept art for each shot, whether it creature, robot or landscape.
- Alex Garrett - Sculptor for the World of Uteria miniatures.
- Mitch Foust - Mitch Foust is a native Memphian and began his illustration career at age 16. He has completed illustrations for many projects including comic books, book covers, t-shirts, role playing games, and cd covers. He has also been a business owner, screen printer, art director, and freelance illustrator. Mitch is a graduate of The University of Memphis. His work can be found online at www.mitchfoust.deviantart.com
- The Goblins of Kaelnor Forest Adventure - FA01 Print Book - $20
- The Elves of Uteria Sourcebook Print Book- $22
- The Goblins of Kaelnor and the Elves of Uteria combined PDF - $8
- Miniature Package - $24 - You get the gorgalug, the tentacle crawler, and the boggart Miniatures.
- Boggart Swarm - $12 - 4 boggart minis
- All Map tiles - $54 - A total of 33 8.5"x11" map tiles featuring The Dead Gulch caverns, The Tomb, and the Circus Tent!
- 20 Mana Tokens - $12
- Full Set of 24 of the Uteria Bookmarks - $20
- A Barely Balanced DVD - $22
The Dead Gulch Adventure will be a full adventure taking the characters from level 2 to level 4. Also included is the Guide to Magic in Uteria, which details our Mana system, the magic groups of Uteria, and a spell list.
- PDF book - The electronic version of the Dead Gulch Adventure.
- Print Book - A soft cover edition of the Dead Gulch Adventure.
Risks and challenges
We have previously published several RPG books and have run several successful Kickstarter campaigns. The adventure is already written and has been extensively play-tested. We just need the funding to pay the artists to produce the interior art, pay for formatting the module for publication, and pay for the printing! We will be working with the same teams of people as we have for previous RPG publications, so foresee no problems with the art or printing.
I have set the date pretty far out, but we hope to have everything done by the Fall of 2015.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)