miaLinkup™ has an ability to empower any car (built after 1995) with smart technologies to improve safety and ownership experience like never before. Just plug miaLinkup™ device into your car's data port (OBD port), conveniently located under the dashboard. Pair with an app on an iOS or Android. Your car and smartphone will be always connected wirelessly and seamlessly, whether your car is on or off, without any recurring yearly or monthly fees.
- Protecting Teen Drivers
- Managing Fuel Costs
- Tracking Trips
- Preventing Unauthorized Movements
- Vehicle Diagnostics
- Battery Monitoring
- "Find Car Smarter"
- Bluetooth FM Transmitter with Music Control
- 2-Way Voice communication (commands and notifications)
- Head-Up Display (HUD)
- TPMS – Tire Pressure Monitoring System (optional, additional hardware/sensors may be required)
- Remote Access (optional, compatibility varies by
vehicle make and model)
- ISO 1564-4 (CAN)
- SO 14230-4 (Keyword Protocol 2000)
- ISO 9141-2 (Asian, European, Chrysler vehicles)
- SAE J1850 VPW (GM vehicles)
- SAE J1850 PWM (Ford vehicles)
- SAE J2411 (GMLAN, Single Wire CAN)
- Ford MSC (Medium Speed CAN)
- Dimensions: 2.40 x 1.70 x 1.00 inches (61 x 43 x 25 mm)
- Weight: 2.5 oz. (70 g.)
- Operating Voltage: 9-18V DC
- Operating Temperature: -22º to 140º F (-30º to 60º C)
- Operating Humidity 10 to 85% (non-condensing)
We are making an amazing miaLinkup app for iOS and Android, with many features... Best of all, No monthly fees!
Since we started building miaLinkup™, our vision has been to create an affordable open connected car platform. We're excited to announce that miaLinkup™ has an application programming interface (API) available for third party developers. We call it miaAPI. miaAPI lets you write software for a smartphone, tablet, computer, or web application that can interact with your car via miaLinkup™ device. miaAPI will be constantly growing and improving, so be sure to check back often for updates.
ECUemu3000 is an ultimate tool for OBD-II software and hardware testing and development. It will help you to develop your application at your desk, instead of under your dash.
- Support for all legislated OBD-II protocols
- Five knobs assigned to frequently used PIDs
- USB connection for configuration and traffic monitoring
- Firmware upgradeable
- Standard J1962F connector
We currently have fully working prototype units.
Our hardware is finalized; software and app development is in beta testing phase now.
We have identified all of the components to be used in mass production and have built the latest samples using those components. In addition, we have already started preparing the manufacturing of per-production 100 units.
We are fellow professionals with different expertise but working on the same mission. Our team is well-balanced with complementary skills. We have a great team of embedded hardware and software engineers, RF engineer, software engineer, and mechanical engineer. Our CEO/CTO - Ashot Avetisyan is specialized in very small wireless designs. He has been designing, and managing the production of various products for many large companies for the last 12 years. Among some of his projects and designs, there are many wireless solutions and Bluetooth gadgets sold for cars by large and very well known companies in the USA. Some products currently are sold in retail outlets worldwide. He has been working with many factories in China, and have years of experience in getting FCC, CE, IC, Wi-Fi, BT, PTCRB Certifications.
We are asking you to help us make miaLinkup a reality. Many Thanks for your support!
Risks and challenges
miaLinkup is a team of engineers and designers who have individually worked on products used by millions of people, from consumer electronics to aerospace. We understand what goes into making hardware and we know how to do it. We spent the last year on testing and debugging miaLinkup, and we can proudly say that there only very few challenges remain:
* Software challenges include delays in development an app store submissions and general bugs resulting in delayed timelines. But we have mitigated some of those already. For instance, we have already built an early iPhone app and have already submitted work into Apple. We have the shell of a working Android app, which already has a working functionality. Apps already run with our hardware, and we also have our cloud service up and running internally.
* Since miaLinkup is a wireless device, it has to pass compliance and regulatory testings for the FCC, CE and IC. That could reveal issues that must be resolved before our products ship. We have already addressed this risk to some extent by working with both our RF power amp manufacturer, as well as a team great specialist at local Prescan lab.
* There are always significant challenges in manufacturing and delivering any hardware product at scale. Mass production isn't the same as prototyping. We have to make sure we have a design for manufacturing at larger volumes.
* In manufacturing, certain components could experience temporary shortages or long lead time, which could cause a delay. We are working closely with our suppliers to foresee such issues.
We will be distributing regular updates to all of our backers outlining the progress, as well as the introduction of any roadblocks that could impact our planned production timeline.
We have full confidence in the success of this project.
Help us get this production off the ground and bring this great product to you! The more supporters we have, the quicker you all will have more safety and peace of mind while driving.
Thank you all!
- (51 days)