About this project
It's that time of year to develop the next adorable Baby Bestiary Calendar! This time we're going to use Domenico Neziti, one of our illustrators that was featured in the Baby Bestiary Handbook!
We picked out a few beasts that we just HAD to have in the calendar. But we have no idea what to do for the other nine. This is where you, the backers, come in! We need your help to vote on the other nine beasts in the 2016 Baby Bestiary Calendar!
Images Currently in the calendar
- 1) Olwbear & Griffin playing together (Creator)
- 2) Baby Kraken & Dragon turtle in a pool playing with toy boats (Backer)
- 3) Phase Cat, Rakshassa & Sphinx (Sphinx playing with a ball of yarn while the rakshassa is holding back the phase kitten) (Creator)
- 4) Kistune Pup & Kirin (with an integrated Miazaki reference) (VOTED)
- 5)Blink Puppy and Cerberus Puppy playing (perhaps the blink puppy 'jumped' behind the cerberus and only one head is looking backwards while the other two heads are confused). (VOTED)
- 6) Hydra & Elementlets playing together, each head interacting with a different element. A head holding a censure with a fire elementlet, one head in the ground as an earth elementlet popped up from the ground; a head poking through a little air-elementlet cloud and the last head getting squirted by an elementlet (VOTED)
- 7) Bulette & Treant; the bulette will have burst from the ground underneath the treant, supprising him (VOTED)
- 8) Dragon and wyvern each laying on their own treasure pile, eyeing eachother with a clear line between both their treasure piles (VOTED)
Baby Bestiary Handbook
If you missed the Baby Bestiary Kickstarter, it is an adorable book about the your favorite fantasy beasts, how they reproduce and how to rear them if you so want to find one and train it :) The book features 32 baby beasts within each with amazing artwork done by Conceptopolis, including the eyebeasts, owlbears and phase cats.
When this kickstarter ends I can send off your PDF immediately, and the books are printing as you read this.
The official release of the Baby Bestiary Handbook is during GenCon (July 29th) but you will be getting your copy before then :D
Like all projects, they cost money. Fortunately this is a hobby so it's my dedication that wants to make a better product (not to earn my living), so all funds earned are directed to make the project better and benefit you as backers!
Art - $2000
Printing - $1,800
Shipping - $1,200
Contingency - $500
Fees - $500
Risks and challenges
We learned a lot of things about calendar production last year, and part of that was timing. Last year we were really late to the maket with calendars and even had some fufillment issues as we rolled into the christmas season, something we're going to avoid this time.
We are also keeping this project really simple, as we don't want to complicate any our other project obligations and delivery schedules.
Support this project
- (35 days)