We've already unlocked some great bonuses for backers of all levels and are well on are way to unlocking even more!
All Backers Receive (Yes...Even $1!!) (in addition to standard pledge)
- No Longer: The first story of The Dusk County Chronicles #2 - digital edition
- Audio Commentary of all four stories - Featuring Joel Rodriguez
- Dissecting: A Friend in Me PDF - A Panel-by-panel dive into the creative process
- Ichabod Jones: Monster Hunter - Full PDF Comic
- Parallels - Full PDF Comic
- Crosser's Gate - Full PDF Comic
- Beast King - Full PDF Comic
- Hang-Time: Bonus Digital Wallpaper
All Backers $10+ receive (in addition to standard pledge)
- 2.25" Face Off Magnet
All Backers $25+ receive (in addition to standard pledge)
- 5" x 7" Art Print - Kincaid Variant
- 5" x 7" Art Print - Faccini Variant
Have you ever wondered what it would be like if Toy Story was a slasher? What if Peter Pan required a sacrifice to enter Neverland? Find the answers to these questions and more within The Dusk County Chronicles; a horror-parody mini-anthology that will turn all of your childhood dreams into nightmares!
- People who have fond memories of cartoons they loved as a kid.
- People who want to see those same memories twisted into dark tales of TERROR!
- Fans of comics with cute art and dark story lines like I Hate Fairyland as well as horror anthologies like The Twilight Zone and Tales from the Crypt.
- People who believe that not everything is what it seems and live for the plot twist ending!
- People from Dusk County...If you've survived long enough to read this.
- The Dusk County Chronicles #1 is a 24-page full color, standard size American formatted, comic that is printed on high quality paper.
- Backers will receive four terrifically terrifying self-contained short stories in one convenient saddle-stitched package!
- Backers of the "Passing Through (Digital Deluxe)" and higher tiers will receive additional bonus content featuring behind the scenes art, scripts, digital cover gallery, and concept sketches and designs.
- At higher levels, Backers can receive, exclusive and limited variant covers featuring art by the talented Riccardo Faccini and the wonderful Ryan M. Kincaid.
- At the highest levels, Backers will participate in unique experiences including one-of-a-kind commission sketches and even being featured as a main character in the next issue!
The reviews are in! See what the comics industry pros have to say about The Dusk County Chronicles!
See Full Reviews HERE:
READING IS FUN, NOT MENTAL
Who are the creators responsible for ruining your childhood?
Joel Rodriguez is the writer and letterer for The Dusk County Chronicles. Having been a fan of comics since he was a child, he founded Metal Ninja Studios as a central hub for his comic career and is now seeking your help to bring his dreams of telling stories through the art of comics to life. He is co-scripting as well as working as editor and letterer for Kooper. He's also working as letterer on multiple in-production projects including Psychosis and The Goode Girls and the Ghost of Lockeridge Academy as well upcoming stories from Supercilious Comics.
Roman Gubsky is a comic book artist who was born in Russia. After drawing comic books as a hobby for 10 years, Roman decided to follow his dream of working as a full-time comic book artist. He has since moved to Costa Rica and is now working to make his dream a reality. Aside from The Dusk County Chronicles, Roman is credited as the artist behind Crossbones. He is currently working on art for Behemoth Comics, Supercilious Comics, and an upcoming issue of Lizards by John Holland.
Riccardo Faccini was born in Turin, Italy, where he lived and studied until graduating from the Academy of Fine Arts. He currently works with companies such as The Australian FFC (Australia), Source Point Press (U.S.A.), as well as Shockdom and Novel Comix (Italy).
Ryan M. Kincaid
Ryan M. Kincaid is an artist doing cover work for various companies. He mainly works on indie titles but has done a few main stream books. He has most recently worked on variant covers for Sink by Comixtribe and Stabbity Bunny by Scout Comics and is currently working on art for the Stabbity Ever After story line.
Why did we have to tell this story?
A Message from Joel
Ever since I purchased my first issue of Spawn #1 as a young kid (probably younger than I should have been), I remember the sense of joy that I got from reading comics during the best and worst times of my life. I want to share that feeling with others through my creations.
The Dusk County Chronicles holds a special place in my heart as it is the first official step towards realizing my dream of being a comic book creator. By backing this project, you support this passion project of mine, which is about more that just telling a silly story.
My mother always told me "Never judge a book by its cover". That lesson didn't really stick until my adult years. This world is full of hidden shadows and everyone has a story that they try not to tell. Maybe the happiest person in the room has the darkest secrets and the most pain. That guy that cut you off on the highway... maybe his wife is sick in the hospital and he is rushing to get to her before it is too late. Sure, the chances of that are slim, but my mom taught me that I need to think about the possibility before jumping to conclusions.
Every light casts a shadow, and I wrote The Dusk County Chronicles to expose some of them while embracing the contradictory nature of our lives. Sure, it may look like a cartoon that you watched when you were a kid...but welcome to Dusk County, where your dreams become nightmares.
We're coming to you to raise funds for an offset print run of at least 1,000 copies of The Dusk County Chronicles. We have already invested our own time and money to ensure that the book is 100% complete and ready to go to print. We've come to Kickstarter to help get the book into as many hands as possible, and would love your support to bring it to life!
We have requested quotes from a variety of comic printers and have opted to go with Richard Boye from Direct Impressions for the primary print run.
Additional portions of the reward printing will be done by PrintLore. Sam Amborn and her team at Printlore have a combined 15 years worth of printing experience to ensure that the rewards will be printed in the highest quality!
Now...I know what you are thinking: "Why not just wait until the book hits stores?"
By backing us and this project, you won't just be helping to making sure that this book is printed. You will also have access to Kickstarter exclusive rewards and bonuses and EVERY physical book purchased will have the option of being signed by Joel.
A successful launch will also allow us to dive deeper into the world of Dusk County and produce more stories than previously thought possible.
Funds raised above this goal will be reinvested into The Dusk County Chronicles to ensure that we can continue to provide the best possible comic books and stories to our backers.
Journey into Dusk County and read the full first story as a preview!
- The Kickstarter Campaign: March 1 - March 31
- Kickstarter Funds Received: April 14
- The Dusk County Chronicles to Print: Early April
- Merchandise in Production: April
- Shipping and Transport: Mid June
- Extra Buffer Time for Unexpected Issues: Late June
- Expected Deliver to US Backers: Early July
- Expected Deliver for INT Backers: Late July
Dusk County is scary... but shipping doesn't have to be!
All comics shipped will be individually bagged with boards, and will be secured in Gemini Comic Supply Comic Flash Mailers, which provides impact-resistant protection.
Orders with multiple comics will be sandwich packed and secured for additional protection.
Additionally, all fulfillment will be handled 100% in house. It is my responsibility to ensure that every backer receives their reward in a timely manner and in the best possible condition. The only way that I can ensure that in my first campaign is to handle all fulfillment in house.
Thank you so much for taking the time to check out our project. We would be absolutely thrilled if you're ready to take the next step and join this campaign!
Will YOU Be the Next to Enter Dusk County?
If you've made it this far, you may be ready to be the very next person to ENTER DUSK COUNTY!
If so, we'd like to ask you to scroll back up this page, choose an awesome reward, and pledge to be a part of this campaign today.
On behalf of the entire Dusk County team, thank you so much for your support!
Risks and challenges
Let's talk about the elephant in the room (the slinky in the chest?)... I'm a new creator. The Dusk County Chronicles is my first first official release. I don't have some great track record to prove that I will use your hard earned money responsibly. But I will tell you what I've done to minimize the risk to you and honor the support that you will provide as a backer:
- The book is 100% done and the printer has been selected. - The artists have been paid out of my own pocket, the lettering is complete, and talks have been had with the printer. The only thing left is to pay them and send them the file.
- I will be contributing my own money to the printing as well. It would be unfair of me to ask you to pay for all of the printing without first proving that I am worthy of your support. So my goal is set at a level that covers the majority of the printing expenses; with the remaining amount to be paid out of my own pocket.
- I have done my best to learn from individuals that have run successful campaigns in the past and I've also tried to educate myself through independent research and taking the Comixlaunch course, which is a Kickstarter training program created by Tyler James. Tyler is the Publisher of ComixTribe and has successfully funded 16 Kickstarter campaigns.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)