- OPEN to anyone and everyone looking to draw
- DRAWING models, still-lifes, architecture, abstract
- STUDIO a public space stocked with drawing materials & equipment
- PROJECT starts August 3rd and ends August 28th
The Open Drawing Studio Project takes over a vacant space owned by St. Peter’s Church in Morristown, New Jersey. An artistically minded congregation has invited us to reinvent a portion of an underused building on the campus for the month of August 2011.
Models for both life drawing and portraiture, still-lifes, and the amazing surrounding architecture will provide instructional and inspirational content. Materials will be available for drop-in drawers and easels and tables for setting up personal workspaces. There’s a kitchen, bathrooms, and an auxiliary room for meeting and meals.
The Open Drawing Studio Project offers this space to professional artists from all disciplines who want to take a break from their private studios and production work and key back into the fine art of drawing. Students and anyone interested in taking a serious crack at drawing are invited to share in this open studio environment.
Thank you for backing this project and for investing in the potential of those that come to the studio!
And, of course, please come to draw too! 125 South Street, Morristown NJ
- 9am to Noon, 2pm to 5pm, 7pm to 10pm
- Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays
- August 3rd through August 28th
Call us: 770.853.9727 for more info about joining the project in person. Take yourself on vacation this summer to the Open Drawing Studio- We would LOVE to have you!
- (21 days)