Take command of the Corps of Discovery in this RPG based on the historic Lewis and Clark Expedition for PC, Mac, and Linux. Read more
This project was successfully funded on January 6, 2013.
Watch us on Kick-a-Thon, and lots of great press
It's been another great week for us here at Meriwether HQ. With three weeks still left in our campaign, we're at 42% of our goal, so we are trucking right along to our magic number of $35,000.
To help us get there, we've been busily trying to get the word out about the game. Last Friday, we had the honor of appearing on Kick-a-Thon. Kick-a-Thon is the brainchild of the Sword of Fargoal team, who ran a nailbiter of a campaign a few months back and successfully were funded for $50,000 to develop Sword of Fargoal 2. They were so chuffed by their success, which happened in part because of the Kick-a-Thon they ran to raise the money to make the Kickstarter a success, that they've decided to pay it forward by hosting Kickstarter projects on future Kick-a-Thons.
We were delighted to take questions from Jeff McCord and the entire Kick-a-Thon team. Not only are these guys great game designers, but they know their American History and asked us excellent questions about how we are going to bring history to life in Meriwether. You can catch the interview on YouTube here: http://bit.ly/WgvDSJ. It's a great way to learn more about our approach to the game. Carlos also insists that you check out Sword of Fargoal: it's one of his all-time favorite games for iOS! http://www.fargoal.com/
We also want to share with you just a little bit of the incredible press Meriwether has been receiving.
- Kill Screen ran two pieces: one is detailed interview about Meriwether and "the new gaming Americana", and a second piece associating us with Assasin's Creed 3 as well as my favorite Chris Farley movie, Almost Heroes.
- TIGSource had an exclusive opportunity to play an early build and described it as "extremely involving."
- Play the Past ran an interview with Barb and I, focusing on our historical process, while Caffeineforge interviewed me about the game mechanic.
- Operation Rainfall gave us a glowing endorsement and jokingly referreded to Meriwether as "Oregon Trail: [Expletive] Just Got Real." We love it!
- And finally, Rock, Paper Shotgun has included us in their weekly Kickstarter Katchup and states "Meriwether is absolutely fascinating."
We can't thank you enough for your continued support of the project, and we will do everything in our power to reward your faith in us with a game you'll love. Excelsior!
Josh and the Meriwether team