Frequently Asked Questions
The game currently does not support keyboard or mouse but it will by the time we ship.Last updated:
MFL BUG REPORTING
We are looking for people to actively help us find bugs and exploits and then report it to us. If you experience a bug or exploit please let us know.
We will be selecting a number of you to help us after this campaign. That means we’ll make the game available to you right away.
HOW TO REPORT BUGS?
If you’re serious about helping us and reporting bugs you will need a tool like Fraps (it can be downloaded for FREE):
Fraps allows you to take movies and screenshots while playing, which is important for us so we can understand what the issues is.
WHAT IS A BUG?
A Bug is anything that is abnormal during playing.
Examples of Bugs:
- Kicking a field goal but no goal post appears on the screen.
- Player fumbles ball and no one picks it up, the game just hangs.
- There is a smack talk and the word, “idiottt” is miss-spelled.
- The game screen suddenly turned black.
WHAT IS AN EXPLOIT?
An exploit is different than a bug. It’s when you do something in the game and it always has the same result, because the AI never adjusts to it.
Examples of Exploits:
- On Kickoffs, if you onside kick left or right (and aim ball near sideline) and then kick it about 12 yards, you can always recover it because the defense doesn’t react.
- If you roll out QB to the left or right sideline and then run up the sideline, you will always pick up 5 to 6 yards regardless of what play the defense called.
- If you position your defender between the offense center and right guard, and blitz with a speed burst you will always get a sack because the offense linemen cannot react and block fast enough.
HOW TO REPORT A BUG
The most important information we need is your Output.log text file. When you encounter a bug quit out of the game immediately. The Output.log tracks only the last game played.
How to find your output.log:
1) Go to Steam -> Library
2) Click with right Mouse button on MFL
3) Select Properties button (in the bottom of a list)
4) Select Local Files
5) Press Browse Local Files button -> It will open a directory with MFL
6) And now you can pick output.log in MFL_Data
7). Copy the file and paste it to another folder on your PC (you can rename it if you want)
How to Post a bug on the Online Forum
1) Take your output.log, and go to our Beta Access online forum. You should have received the link to the forum with steam code for demo.
2) Go to Bug Reports section
3) Read Bug Report Rules topic first
4) Try to find the same issue among already created issue, maybe solution is already there
5) If it's something new - create new topic, describe the problem and attach output.log / screenshot / video
How to Submit Videos and Screenshots
Screenshots can be posted in the forum
Videos can be placed in a dropbox and the link can be posted on the forum. Please include us the time code where the bug / exploit happened so we can easily find the issue.
Examples of an actual bug report:
AI doesn't snap ball on punt & field goal plays if User moves a defensive player backwards.
If the AI calls a field goal or punt play on 4th down and the User calls a regular play.
When the teams line up on line of scrimmage (prior to ball being snapped). If the User moves a defensive player back (to return the punt or field goal attempt) the AI will NOT snap the ball. A delay of game penalty will be called.
video: 01:23 to end
video: 00:00 to 00:18
This happens 100% of the time (unless the AI is calling a regular or Dirty Trick play)
Step 1: Launch Steam and Log in. If you don't have an existing Steam account, you will need to create one. Step 2: From the Steam Dashboard, click the "Games" tab at the top, then click the "Activate a product on Steam..." button at the bottom. Step 3: Enter your unique PROMOTIONAL CODE in the Product Code field.Last updated:
Look at this article to insure your DualShock 4 Controller will work on PC / Steam
Don't see the answer to your question? Ask the project creator directly.Ask a question