"...an engaging and highly innovative solution." — Inc
"...combines the high-intensity workout offered by a step machine with the zip of a bicycle." — Gizmag
“The Me-Mover is a trendy new way to commute or just enjoy the environment around you.” — Desire This
"Me-Movers are awesome!" — TripAdvisor
A step machine on wheels, Me-Mover takes just minutes to learn, and to delight in the advantages: better ergonomics and posture, visibility, steering and exercise. Our unique, balanced three-wheeled design offers an entirely new way to ride, standing and stepping in an easy, natural manner. At any pace you choose – walking, jogging or biking speeds – you'll enjoy improved control, balance and visibility.
This Danish design breakthrough is, quite simply, the first set of wheels designed for all the ways we move in cities, from busy streets and park trails to flea markets and bike lanes. The Me-Mover isn't just a new human-powered vehicle, it's an entirely new category, bringing together remarkable advances in personal transport and training – for commuters and casual riders, tourists and triathletes.
Our team of engineers and architects developed the Me-Mover in Copenhagen. For urban mobility, you won't find a better testing ground, or a population more savvy and critical about pedal power and design sophistication. It's only now, after five years of proving ourselves in Denmark, that we're bringing Me-Mover to the world.
For Kickstarters, this is where the fun begins – you've never enjoyed your ride, or your city, like this before:
- Walkers — Go further, and see more, on the Me-Mover.
- Runners — All the benefits of jogging, but with enhanced core training and without the impact.
- Cyclists — Better ergonomics and posture, visibility, steering and exercise.
- Skiers — Carve your turns and stay fit year round.
Cars and bikes are brilliant, but to get moving in the city, this new category has outstanding advantages. That's because Me-Movers are:
- Smaller — A triumph of compact design and agile steering, Me-Mover can glide around obstacles and safely navigate in crowds. No parking? No problem. It folds in seconds to a remarkable 18 by 13- inch (43 by 13 cm) footprint.
- Stronger — From gentle exercise to intense interval training, Me-Mover brings a full-body workout anywhere, anytime, at any intensity you want. Heading to the store? On the Me-Mover, you choose the pace, from an effortless stroll to full-on cardio exercise.
- Safer — Ride the Me-Mover in your natural, standing position. Not only does this strengthen posture, it puts you a full head height above everyone else, seeing further, riding safer. Me-Mover's unique three-wheel design is so stable that you never have to dismount, even at stop lights. Perfect for sight-seeing!
- Simpler — Easy to learn and use, the Me-Mover is also a breeze to maintain. The advanced, multi-speed transmission is neatly sealed away, and can be serviced by any bike shop.
- Sustainable — Transit choices are usually made in one split second, for one reason: convenience. That's why the Me-Mover is so green. Small, safe and simple, it's easy to take with you everywhere. When personal transit is this handy, it becomes second nature to burn calories instead of fuel.
- Seamless — Whether navigating a crowded shopping street, racing to work, or browsing a farmer's market, the Me-Mover is a joy to ride at any speed, flowing perfectly with the city, and your active lifestyle.
Unlike makers of bikes, cars (and smart phones and...) we don't believe this year's model should make last year's obsolete. That's why Me-Mover is designed as a modular system. If you get excited by the new options we're developing - an electric motor, a cargo loader, and more – you don't need a new Me-Mover. Simply buy the components you want, and upgrade your current model.
- The cargo-bike add-on: enables users to haul up to 35 kg (75 lbs) of cargo, such as a dog or groceries, in the foldable front loader.
- The electrical add-on: the electrical support lets you travel longer and faster than ever before! It will also be beneficial to those who want to build a new healthy habit, but need a push to get started.
- The quick-folding handle: with this easy to use folding handle, your Me-Mover will be collapsible in only one second – handy for boarding trains or busses when in transit!
Here in Scandinavia, the idea of a sustainable life is as much about people as it is about the planet. One central part of being green, we believe, is outwitting the obstacles that keep people from being active and physical. We love the kind of interconnected world that grows when people can easily travel - not in cars but under their own power - between family and friends, school and shopping, work and play. Me-Mover is all about bringing this active Scandinavian lifestyle to the world.
And special thanks to:
- Johanna Calderon-Dakin for providing us with her invaluable PR and crowdfunding expertise
- Halfdan E for great music (http://www.halfdane.dk/)
- NG Media for great movie (http://www.ngmedia.dk/)
- Lars Therkildsen (www.larsdaniel.com) and Esben Zoellner (www.esbenzollnerolesen.com) for fantastic photography
Links to articles:
TechCrunch, Creatables, Desire This, Gizmag, Inc., PSFK, Crowdfund Insider, Trendhunter, Clean Technica, Fast Company, Life Hack, Backer Jack, Baik Bike, Swish, Tech News 24, Road.cc, Pando Daily, Danmarks Radio,Teknisk Ukeblad, In Stash, Man of Many, The Gadget Flow, The Crowdfunding Centre, Quality Tech, Translogic, Gigazine, Pine Tribe, I Am Expat, Hash Slush, Cool Things
Risks and challenges
There are always risks involved in producing an entirely new product in volumes, with much of the mechanical parts being 100% unique to the Me-Mover. Below are the risk areas and what we have done to minimize these.
* Production delays: This is where the biggest risk lies as setting products into production can be tricky. We have included extra time in our timeplan to accommodate for adjustments and minor delays.
*Manufacturer delays: We have intentionally chosen a production company that is already widely recognised world wide for their expertise in producing bicycles, but there could still occur delays and issues outside our control
* Quality issues: Our production partner has stringent quality checks all through the production process. Also, our Production Manager will be onsite in China when the Me-Mover are being produced in order to handle any uncertainties straight away. But since we have singular sources on several parts, quality issues would lead to delays in delivery.
* Product durability: We already have 20 Prototypes of the Me-Mover on the streets of Copenhagen, where we closely monitor mileage, wear etc of every single one of them. And our engineering interns have built a test bench to stress-test the Me-Mover at different paces, with different weights with solid results. Still, hidden problems could arise, and we are focused on finding and solving any potential weaknesses as soon as possible.
* The entire team could be hit by a runaway truck while enjoying a Me-Moving trip in a spring evening. We are mitigating this risk by starting to wear helmets.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (32 days)